Can a guy be bisexual?

ThatOtherFan

I definitely believe it exists and have no problem with it...I feel it's all about monogamy. Regardless of the sex, if you love that person, stay with them...being Bi doesn't give you the excuse to cheat.

The only problem I have with the issue is acceptance. If a girl says she's Bi it's automatically accepted. When a guy admits to this he's automatically gay. I personally think that has less to do with folks possibly being in denial.... and more to do with society itself and views on men and homosexuality (especially in the African-American community).

Which is why you have so many men on the DL... most women won't even date a man when she knows he is Bi. If there was more acceptance and understanding, people wouldn't feel the need to constantly hide.

I agree with you about the acceptance...i'm the first to say that I would never knowingly date a bi-sexual guy...I just have my own hang ups when it comes to that

Well... it all depends on what you consider bi, and that varies from person to person. It's not concrete as straight or gay. It depends on what range you're willing to accept as bisexual vs straight or gay. So for example a guy is 90% attracted to guys, to one person he's gay, to another he's bi because he can have some attraction to girls as little as it may be. I think it's really rare for a person to be 50 50. Usually they lean one way or the other. So when a guy always dates guys, always talks about guys, etc etc but call themselves "bi" it's like :rolleyes:

Why is it hard to grasp that you cant be sexually attracted to BOTH equally? Yes,there are the ones who lean more towards one sex but if he is INDEED still sexually involved with women why must we measure his sexuality based off his degrees of attraction? Why cant we just call it BISEXUAL w/ being all technical n shit? Are we really gonna be that petty? I guess I look at it is if there is ANY sexual attraction for a woman and there is sexual activity taking place with women regardless if its twice or two hundred times a year. The bottomline is he's NOT just a gay.True gay men dont sleep with women,period.

Well... it all depends on what you consider bi, and that varies from person to person. It's not concrete as straight or gay. It depends on what range you're willing to accept as bisexual vs straight or gay. So for example a guy is 90% attracted to guys, to one person he's gay, to another he's bi because he can have some attraction to girls as little as it may be. I think it's really rare for a person to be 50 50. Usually they lean one way or the other. So when a guy always dates guys, always talks about guys, etc etc but call themselves "bi" it's like :rolleyes:

.. and antoher thing just because YOU may run across bi men who seem to lean more towards guys doesnt mean that is the OVERALL case for ALL bi men. Its over 6 billion ppl on this planet..we CAN'T put every bisexual under that same umbrella. Far to broad to draw that conclusion,do you think?

Why is it hard to grasp that you cant be sexually attracted to BOTH equally? Yes,there are the ones who lean more towards one sex but if he is INDEED still sexually involved with women why must we measure his sexuality based off his degrees of attraction? Why cant we just call it BISEXUAL w/ being all technical n shit? Are we really gonna be that petty? I guess I look at it is if there is ANY sexual attraction for a woman and there is sexual activity taking place with women regardless if its twice or two hundred times a year. The bottomline is he's NOT just a gay.True gay men dont sleep with women,period.

why is that petty? that is just someone's interpretation of what it means to be bisexual...some people don't feel like a person who is 90% attracted to the same sex and 10% attracted to the opposite sex is truly bisexual...what's wrong with that? I know men who are 30+ that say they are bisexual because they had sex with a woman when they were 20...do I feel like they are bisexual, not really, but they have every right to say they are...I had a guy that was said he was bisexual who was in love with my breasts lol...he really loved tittys, REALLY loved tittys!!! he made it clear that he wanted to have sex with me (I would be the second woman he would have slept with...he was 36), but he doesn't do relationships with women because he prefers men...he said he was bisexual, I thought he was gay...he had every right to call himself bisexual, i'm certain some would consider him to be bisexual, I didn't consider him to be bisexual...we are cool to this day...he's the best dance partner, and he's fine as hell...but I won't fuck him

why is that petty? that is just someone's interpretation of what it means to be bisexual...some people don't feel like a person who is 90% attracted to the same sex and 10% attracted to the opposite sex is truly bisexual...what's wrong with that? I know men who are 30+ that say they are bisexual because they had sex with a woman when they were 20...do I feel like they are bisexual, not really, but they have every right to say they are...I had a guy that was said he was bisexual who was in love with my breasts lol...he really loved tittys, REALLY loved tittys!!! he made it clear that he wanted to have sex with me (I would be the second woman he would have slept with...he was 36), but he doesn't do relationships with women because he prefers men...he said he was bisexual, I thought he was gay...he had every right to call himself bisexual, i'm certain some would consider him to be bisexual, I didn't consider him to be bisexual...we are cool to this day...he's the best dance partner, and he's fine as hell...but I won't fuck him

That dude has bisexual tendencies -_-

But even if we go by percentage that doesnt mean that he's completely gay either. so where does that leave us? How can we crown someone a label/title of gay or str8 if it isn't a complete 100%?

And I've already addressed that there ARE some who lean more towards men even tho they are "bi" (I agree with you and Roc)...but it goes back to who are WE to say what he is if its not us? I dont understand why we have the time nor concern to really be bothered with breaking it down to percentages and degrees...why do we care as ppl? I mean..is it really that seious? I couldn't give a care to what ANYBODY labels themselves really. Its more important things to dissect and worry aboutin this world.

But even if we go by percentage that doesnt mean that he's completely gay either. so where does that leave us? How can we crown someone a label/title of gay or str8 if it isn't a complete %100?

And I've already addressed that there ARE some who lean more towards men even tho they are "bi" (I agree with you and Roc)...but it goes back to who are WE to say what he is if its not us?

which is why I said that they have every right to say that they are...doesn't mean that you have to beleive that they are...I really don't care what anyone labels themselves as...you can say you are bisexual til the cows come home for all I care...if I don't consider you to be bisexual, then to me, you aren't bisexual...now, you have every right to say you are, you have every right to beleive you are...I have every right to beleive you are not...I have friends who say they are bisexual that I think are just gay, but i'm not going to tell them they aren't bisexual...they just are not bisexual to me...if someone asks, i'll still say that my friend such and such is bisexual, because that is the label they choose to place on themselves...regardless of what I feel, I am no one to tell them they are not...i'm sure to some people the are, they just aren't to me...that's like Tyler Perry telling me he's straight...he can say it, doesn't mean I have to beleive it

I guess Im not understanding the point of having this be a discussion AGAIN. Its as silly as making a thread asking "Can a guy really be gay?". We dont make threads about something like that, so why would we for bisexuals? Why even present a stage and a spotlight for the naysayers? Its moms and dads that dont believe in GAY ppl -just a phase. So its ALL bullshit becuz no one can say something ISNT when they AREN'T the person.PERIOD

Because I wanted to discuss the topic again, simple as that. :blink:

It is definitely something that needs to be discussed in our society along with other issues involving sexuality.

It's something that needs to be discussed, whether it's on a random Janet Jackson forum, or if it's on a national television show.

I agree with you about the acceptance...i'm the first to say that I would never knowingly date a bi-sexual guy...I just have my own hang ups when it comes to that

I find that to be true with alot of women. I was on the blog site Missjia.com (the only blog I actually visit on the regular, lol) and I was actually kind of shocked to read the comments from women concerning bisexuality....

I believe the topic of that particular post was about man being upfront and honest with his girlfriend, at the beginning of the relationship, that he was bi. He was faithful, but wanted to admit that to his mate.

Most of the responses from the females were that they would end the relationship IMMEDIATELY if they were ever told something like that. Which didn't really sit right with me, I mean, he's being upfront and telling you the truth, being faithful, and it's over with... :mellow:

I just don't understand it. :unsure:

Because I wanted to discuss the topic again, simple as that. :blink:

It is definitely something that needs to be discussed in our society along with other issues involving sexuality.

It's something that needs to be discussed, whether it's on a random Janet Jackson forum, or if it's on a national television show.

Is it,really??? I dont have a problem with ppl making threads about anything they want but it just seems as neccessary to make a thread about "Is there a such thing as being gay" .."Is there a such thing as the color black" ..

I find that to be true with alot of women. I was on the blog site Missjia.com (the only blog I actually visit on the regular, lol) and I was actually kind of shocked to read the comments from women concerning bisexuality....

I believe the topic of that particular post was about man being upfront and honest with his girlfriend, at the beginning of the relationship, that he was bi. He was faithful, but wanted to admit that to his mate.

Most of the responses from the females were that they would end the relationship IMMEDIATELY if they were ever told something like that. Which didn't really sit right with me, I mean, he's being upfront and telling you the truth, being faithful, and it's over with... :mellow:

I just don't understand it. :unsure:

I don't know if we understand it lol...but it's reality for a lot of us women...I don't know if it's because we view the guys as less of a man...I don't know if it's just the fact that you know your man has had sex with another man...I don't know if it's because you feel like sex with a man automatically makes your man gay...truly, I can't give you a definitive answer...to be completely honest, if I know you are bisexual, i'm not even sexually attracted to you...if I was sexually attracted to you in the past, that urge or attraction goes away and you are placed in the unfuckable file lol...

Is it,really??? I dont have a problem with ppl making threads about anything they want but it just seems as neccessary to make a thread about "Is there a such thing as being gay" .."Is there a such thing as the color black" ..

I disagree...I think we've all seen that there is such a thing as being gay...the bisexual thing has always been a topic of conversation because some people feel like when it comes to sexuality, there is rarely a gray area...that you will always favor one over the other, and if that's the case, can you truly be considered as bisexual...the answers to the question will vary because it truly does come down to individual perception of what it means to be bisexual and there might not be an overwhelming majority who share the same opinion

I disagree...I think we've all seen that there is such a thing as being gay...the bisexual thing has always been a topic of conversation because some people feel like when it comes to sexuality, there is rarely a gray area...that you will always favor one over the other, and if that's the case, can you truly be considered as bisexual...the answers to the question will vary because it truly does come down to individual perception of what it means to be bisexual and there might not be an overwhelming majority who share the same opinion

I couldnt wait to read what yo ass had to say :coffee: next time say it in English, anywho I believe there really is bisexual BUT what I did not say before is those people usually tend to be nasty ass hoes once again to some folks A HOLE IS A HOLE

which is why I said that they have every right to say that they are...doesn't mean that you have to beleive that they are...I really don't care what anyone labels themselves as...you can say you are bisexual til the cows come home for all I care...if I don't consider you to be bisexual, then to me, you aren't bisexual...now, you have every right to say you are, you have every right to beleive you are...I have every right to beleive you are not...I have friends who say they are bisexual that I think are just gay, but i'm not going to tell them they aren't bisexual...they just are not bisexual to me...if someone asks, i'll still say that my friend such and such is bisexual, because that is the label they choose to place on themselves...regardless of what I feel, I am no one to tell them they are not...i'm sure to some people the are, they just aren't to me...that's like Tyler Perry telling me he's straight...he can say it, doesn't mean I have to beleive it

so let me get this str8 ....let me run dis by ya...lets say you meet a dude and you into him and he fine and shit, BUT he tell you up front he bisexual...... :whistle:

I couldnt wait to read what yo ass had to say :coffee: next time say it in English, anywho I believe there really is bisexual BUT what I did not say before is those people usually tend to be nasty ass hoes once again to some folks A HOLE IS A HOLE

muthafucka this is not english class and i'm not speaking to my father or grandfather...i'll use all the run on sentences and subordinate clauses I want to use when i'm talking to you muthafuckas...I don't know ya'll