When it comes to Janets SINGING .....

janetDAYZ

Do you feel Janet could pull a lil bit more out of her or do you feel she has pretty much done all she can do with the voice she has.

I spoke with a friend recently, who is a vocalist -I mean a SAAAANGER :mellow: and he was telling me that Janet actually has more than what she knows and he feels she's scared to push more because she's grown to be so content with the "reserved" voice she has. It reminded me alot of what Tonex aka B.Slade was saying about Janet having more than what she's willing to even try.

What are your thoughts?

Oh coming from all I know and can hear, she can DEFINITELY sing more than she does. She's got some range on her and she can put the power behind it to really blow. Why the hell she hasn't in a long time, I have no damn idea. but she can give more than she has been in about, what, a decade? She better use it all on this next album, though :filenails: I wanna hear my Jan show me what she's got again :thumbup:

no... she's amazing and amazing.

she's not a powerhouse singer... she shouldn't holler like certain lessers and Mariah Carey

It wouldnt hurt to hear a vocal that would surprise most of nay sayers,would it? Cuz lord knows she has those. If anything I would just love to see ppls faces drop. :lmao:

Her reinvention can come from putting dance music on the back burner... I feel like she doesn't believe in her vocals its more there... songs like love will never do & enjoy would be a good direction to go for her vocally plus if she sung a song like those two LIVE at an award show it would be epic... Thats why A.I. performance got such a big reaction it was something to hear janet sing...

Her reinvention can come from putting dance music on the back burner... I feel like she doesn't believe in her vocals its more there... songs like love will never do & enjoy would be a good direction to go for her vocally plus if she sung a song like those two LIVE at an award show it would be epic... Thats why A.I. performance got such a big reaction it was something to hear janet sing...

It was that sexy ass catsuit and the sick body. :thumbup:

I think she holds back on her voice as a whole, like even her talking tone I think is purpusly reserved, and I wouldnt be suprised if her range is beyond what we know it to be, but maybe she's not comfortable with it or use to it.

I've always felt like that, and my aunt who's a SANGER and who gives vocal lessons agrees too, she thinks Janet has 1 of the best ranges in her time, and that theres more to it, the example she used is that even when she yells in movies you can get a good glimpse of her vocal power, and its even then really nice.

Do you feel Janet could pull a lil bit more out of her or do you feel she has pretty much done all she can do with the voice she has.

I spoke with a friend recently, who is a vocalist -I mean a SAAAANGER :mellow: and he was telling me that Janet actually has more than what she knows and he feels she's scared to push more because she's grown to be so content with the "reserved" voice she has. It reminded me alot of what Tonex aka B.Slade was saying about Janet having more than what she's willing to even try.

What are your thoughts?

:coffee:

She's pretty much displayed all of what she can do. Range, power, clarity in registers, transitions, etc. There's nothing she can do that she hasn't already demonstrated.

Now she just needs to work on being more confident in her voice and singing without the prerecorded tracks during the ballads.

A record with decent vocals isn't enough. The lyrics, production, and consistency have to be there. I love that Janet isn't a powerhouse singer, it sets her apart from the rest.

A 5-octave range only makes you a technically good singer. But it's what you DO with that voice and the production that makes you truly great.

With Janet, she's always used it efficiently and never stepped outside her range. She's delivered in the past and I'm confident she can deliver today.

:clapping: :clapping: :thumbup:

one of my fave vocal tracks for her, but Im willing to bet she can do more, not saying she's whitney or mariah or Jhud good, but I woldnt be suprised if she can go higher &/or lower a octive if she really wanted to, but you never know, and maybe we never will (I sure as hell hope not).

If I had to compare her voice wit another singer, I'd bet that her range could be like Chilli from TLC, I always got Janet vibes from Chili's voice (especially in the harmony's) and we all know Chili can SANG, so it wouldnt be surprising to me if Janets voice could do everything her's can, I would just love to hear her go for it.

:clapping: :clapping: :thumbup:

one of my fave vocal tracks for her, but Im willing to bet she can do more, not saying she's whitney or mariah or Jhud good, but I woldnt be suprised if she can go higher &/or lower a octive if she really wanted to, but you never know, and maybe we never will (I sure as hell hope not).

If I had to compare her voice wit another singer, I'd bet that her range could be like Chilli from TLC, I always got Janet vibes from Chili's voice (especially in the harmony's) and we all know Chili can SANG, so it wouldnt be surprising to me if Janets voice could do everything her's can, I would just love to hear her go for it.

i want 2 know who put da breaks on WHAT CAN I SAY not being released on DAMITA JO cd...........cause they really FAILED <_<

Archived