Michael Bolton Talks Janet's Cancelation

Idrag4mj

ipad-art-wide-Bolton-420x0.jpg

FOR crooner Michael Bolton cancelling a show is ''unbearable'' and ''brutal''. ''It's very personal, you feel like you're letting everyone down and you're letting yourself down at the same time,'' he told The Diary's balladeer correspondent, Sarah Whyte. In light of Janet Jackson's cancellation on Sunday*, Bolton was shocked when told she had cancelled for the second time Down Under. ''People don't understand that the entire show revolves around one person … Janet will have dancers and hydraulics and people all over the place and so would Michael [Jackson] on any given tour - it doesn't matter if you have 50 or 100 people out there with you, the people are coming to hear you sing and unless you're miming, or you're only a dancer, the weight of responsibility is always on your shoulders,'' the 58-year-old said. The smooth-talking Bolton, in Sydney to promote his Australian April shows said singers should prepare for tours ''like you're approaching an Olympic experience''. ''I'm not knocking other artists for cancelling,'' he said. ''It's just funny, or I get curious, when I hear someone just cancelled … It's a sore throat, you know. When your profession requires your health, you have to be responsible to your profession.'' Bolton, will appear tonight on Australia's X Factor with Ricki-Lee Coulter.

* Here the Diary must confess to a howler as yesterday we reported Jackson performed just six songs on Saturday night's show, but she in fact performed a full show and won two ovations. And though she was late to the stage her people say it was to allow the audience, delayed by bad traffic, time to take their seats. Besides, as our reviewer told us: ''No one cared.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/the-diary/michael-boltons-two-cents-on-the-jackson-affair-20111107-1n3s3.html#ixzz1d8IuHi34

he is looking really Good .. i will catch him in concert in australia next year

No, it isn't in support of her. He's saying health is paramount and the artist has to be responsible for their health on tour. Meaning, you shouldn't be getting sore throats, etc, because your profession demands that you stay healthy... which is bullshit, imo.

If I'm not mistaken this was the FIRST time Janet cancelled in relation to health the whole tour. It happens.

Janet and Mike are the type that give their all during a tour. It consumes everything. Which leads to them being dehydrated, etc and cancellations. As we now know, it consumed Mike to the point that it gave him insomnia because he couldn't rest thinking of every aspect of the show, etc. I think Janet is JUST now learning how to truly take care of her self on tour and not allow it to overwhelm her.

No, it isn't in support of her. He's saying health is paramount and the artist has to be responsible for their health on tour. Meaning, you shouldn't be getting sore throats, etc, because your profession demands that you stay healthy... which is bullshit, imo.

If I'm not mistaken this was the FIRST time Janet cancelled in relation to health the whole tour. It happens.

Janet and Mike are the type that give their all during a tour. It consumes everything. Which leads to them being dehydrated, etc and cancellations. As we now know, it consumed Mike to the point that it gave him insomnia because he couldn't rest thinking of every aspect of the show, etc. I think Janet is JUST now learning how to truly take care of her self on tour and not allow it to overwhelm her.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

And since when did this son of a gun ever earn a right in ANY form to critique her? :umm:

Michael Bolton cancels performance tonight at Gallo Center in Modesto

Singer comes down with laryngitis after 'Dancing with the Stars'

By Lisa Millegan Renner

lrenner@modbee.com

Singer Michael Bolton has canceled his sold-out concert tonight at the Gallo Center for the Arts because of laryngitis.

Bolton appeared Monday and Tuesday on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars,” in which he is a competitor.

Doug Hosner, the Gallo Center’s director of marketing and public relations, said the center hopes to arrange a makeup concert with Bolton.

Unknown - Recording artist Michael Bolton announced a world tour in support of his new album One World, One Love to include Modesto, CA at the Gallo Center for the Arts on September 22 at 8:00 p.m.

CLICK FOR MORE PHOTOS

A Gallo Center donor dinner planned for tonight is still on.

Bolton’s concert was planned to be the Gallo Center’s season opener.

:filenails:

http://www.modbee.com/2010/09/22/1350539/michael-bolton-cancels-performance.html

Read more: http://www.modbee.com/2010/09/22/1350539/michael-bolton-cancels-performance.html#ixzz1dA83ZWI8

MAYBE to you looking good..is having six-pack abs and a face of a 20year old .shrugs

Not at all ...

1) dont care for muscle bound fools/abs

2) not into "fresh" face men considering I like OLDER men. :lol:

He just does nothing for me...nothing more nothing less...no biggie...different opinions. I can think of other older white guys that are more appealing than him imo.

Some of you are so dense. He's basically saying you have to take care of your responsibilities before you embark on something like a tour.

What is he saying is true (an artist health is paramount and they have to take care of themselves) but unrealistic as ALL artists cancel at some point due to illness...proven by the article Blatin just posted.

So he comes off as holier than thou and judgmental among other things.

What is he saying is true (an artist health is paramount and they have to take care of themselves) but unrealistic as ALL artists cancel at some point due to illness...proven by the article Blatin just posted.

So he comes off as holier than thou and judgmental among other things.

Untitled170-vi.gif

Some of you are so dense. He's basically saying you have to take care of your responsibilities before you embark on something like a tour.

Oh because Janet wouldn't already know shit about touring seeing how touring has been around her since she was shitting in diapers :filenails:

Archived