Let it be known

Xtraordinary Xternal

I was BORN in the 80s. We are the last generation who learned to play in the street, we are the first who played video games, and were the last to record songs off the radio on cassettes. We are the pioneers of walk-mans and chatrooms. We learned how to program the VCRs before anyone else, play with the Atari, Super Nintendo, Sega Master System, and believed that the Internet would be a free world.... We are the generation of the Thunder Cats, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Silver Hawks, Darkwing Duck, Gumby, Talespin, Highwayman, Manimal, Saved by the Bell, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, and the Simpsons. We traveled in cars without seat belts or airbags, lived without cell phones, didn't have 99 television stations, flat screens, surround sound, mp3s, iPods, Facebook, Twitter, computers and the Internet .... but nevertheless we had a GREAT time.

And the kids born in the 70s, 60s 50s etc all had their unique experiences too which they would probably insist was more interesting than our upbringing. They were there for the dawn of television and whatever the fuck else happened back then... so I mean yeah we're cooler than these 90s brats (no offense) but the kids born in the 90s and the 00s will brag about things kids born in this decade didn't experience etc.

"We lived without ipads!"

I was BORN in the 80s. We are the last generation who learned to play in the street, we are the first who played video games, and were the last to record songs off the radio on cassettes. We are the pioneers of walk-mans and chatrooms. We learned how to program the VCRs before anyone else, play with the Atari, Super Nintendo, Sega Master System, and believed that the Internet would be a free world.... We are the generation of the Thunder Cats, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Silver Hawks, Darkwing Duck, Gumby, Talespin, Highwayman, Manimal, Saved by the Bell, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, and the Simpsons. We traveled in cars without seat belts or airbags, lived without cell phones, didn't have 99 television stations, flat screens, surround sound, mp3s, iPods, Facebook, Twitter, computers and the Internet .... but nevertheless we had a GREAT time.

I co-sign this take kids from the 80's yeah yeah

clapW6.gif

* I miss playing outside and having hanging out with neighbors. Now I still go for a walk or jog and everyone is inside or at work.

* I miss television BEFORE the reality television explosion. Some of it is good, but there's not enough variety and quality overall.

* I miss life BEFORE cell phones and the internet became a common fixture in our daily lives. Most folks only want to text and vent their emotions on status updates.

* I miss the music industry BEFORE illegal downloading. None of the music channels are the same and I don't attend concerts as much as I used to. The award shows now are a joke.

Archived