Sassy Newt Gingrich to black folks..."Stop asking for food stamps and ask for pay checks!!!"

King Baby

I guess he TOLD ya'll!! :excited::excited::excited::excited:

http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-black-people-paychecks-not-food-aid-234405279.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday he is willing to go before the NAACP and urge blacks to demand paychecks, not food stamps.

Gingrich told a town hall meeting at a senior center in Plymouth, N.H., that if the NAACP invites him to its annual convention this year, he'd go there and talk about "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps."

He also said he'd pitch a new Social Security program aimed at helping young people, particularly African-American males, who he said get the smallest return on Social Security.

Gingrich routinely lambasts President Barack Obama as the "best food stamp president in American history." He also has spoken previously about welcoming an invitation from the NAACP to speak and has been critical of GOP candidates who have not accepted such an invitation.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People had no immediate comment on Gingrich's remarks. His campaign spokesman, R.C. Hammond, said the former Georgia congressman has often said the GOP needs to be inclusive of all Americans.

"He has said since he became a presidential candidate that any Republican should always accept an invitation to speak to the NAACP on any topic," Hammond said.

Gingrich's comments follow those by rival candidate Rick Santorum, a former senator from Pennsylvania who said Sunday that he did not want to "make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

Santorum's comments were criticized by National Urban League President Marc H. Morial as pandering to racist elements within the GOP. Morial also said that 70 percent of people on food stamps are white. The Agriculture Department does not break down food stamp participation rates by race.

NAACP President Ben Jealous also criticized Santorum's remarks.

Food stamp participation and costs have risen under Obama, from 28.2 million participants at a cost of $37.6 billion in 2008 to 44.7 million participants at a cost of $75.3 billion last year, according to federal data of what is officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. The increases followed the steep economic downturn that began in 2008.

Gingrich said if he has a chance to go before the NAACP, he would explain a "brand-new Social Security opportunity" for young people, "which would be particularly good for African-American males, because they are the group that gets the smallest return on Social Security."

I guess he TOLD ya'll!! :excited::excited::excited::excited:

http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-black-people-paychecks-not-food-aid-234405279.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday he is willing to go before the NAACP and urge blacks to demand paychecks, not food stamps.

Gingrich told a town hall meeting at a senior center in Plymouth, N.H., that if the NAACP invites him to its annual convention this year, he'd go there and talk about "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps."

He also said he'd pitch a new Social Security program aimed at helping young people, particularly African-American males, who he said get the smallest return on Social Security.

Gingrich routinely lambasts President Barack Obama as the "best food stamp president in American history." He also has spoken previously about welcoming an invitation from the NAACP to speak and has been critical of GOP candidates who have not accepted such an invitation.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People had no immediate comment on Gingrich's remarks. His campaign spokesman, R.C. Hammond, said the former Georgia congressman has often said the GOP needs to be inclusive of all Americans.

"He has said since he became a presidential candidate that any Republican should always accept an invitation to speak to the NAACP on any topic," Hammond said.

Gingrich's comments follow those by rival candidate Rick Santorum, a former senator from Pennsylvania who said Sunday that he did not want to "make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

Santorum's comments were criticized by National Urban League President Marc H. Morial as pandering to racist elements within the GOP. Morial also said that 70 percent of people on food stamps are white. The Agriculture Department does not break down food stamp participation rates by race.

NAACP President Ben Jealous also criticized Santorum's remarks.

Food stamp participation and costs have risen under Obama, from 28.2 million participants at a cost of $37.6 billion in 2008 to 44.7 million participants at a cost of $75.3 billion last year, according to federal data of what is officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. The increases followed the steep economic downturn that began in 2008.

Gingrich said if he has a chance to go before the NAACP, he would explain a "brand-new Social Security opportunity" for young people, "which would be particularly good for African-American males, because they are the group that gets the smallest return on Social Security."

i dare him to do it. :lmao: :lmao: someone will b there to whip his ass for him

Now he is slamming the "elite media" for distorting his comments.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich slammed the "elite" national media for distorting what he said about blacks and food stamps.

"You guys have distorted what I said," Newt said on CBS' "The Early Show" Friday, denying that he said blacks should be "satisfied with food stamps."

CBS News and other outlets reported Thursday that Gingrich said that if he were invited to speak to the NAACP, he would tell the civil rights group "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps." (Watch the original comment here)

On "The Early Show," Gingrich was asked if he misspoke when he said African-Americans should be satisfied with food stamps.

"I said they shouldn't be (satisfied). I didn't say they were satisfied. You just reversed what I said," Gingrich told host Nancy Cordes.

"What I said was every American of every background has been endowed by their creator with a right to pursue happiness. Every American of every background should have an opportunity to get a job, not be dependent on food stamps. Every American of every background should be able to go to a school that actually works where they get educated," Gingrich said.

Gingrich said he would welcome a request to speak the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, "unlike most Republican candidates," because he wants to have a dialogue.

"Forty-three percent black teenage unemployment is totally unacceptable as an American future. Obviously, I'm happy to go and talk to anybody in America. I went on to say I'd be happy to talk to any Latino group or any other group that was interested in talking about having paychecks rather than food stamps," Gingrich said.

According to U.S. Census Bureau, about 28 percent of households that receive food stamps are African American, while 59 percent are white. According to the same report, about 78 percent of American households are white, while about 12 percent are black. (The overall population is 72.4 percent white and 12.6 percent black.)

Oscar Eason, President of NAACP State Conference of Alaska, Oregon and Washington State, told CBS News Gingrich's comment "goes right to the heart of real racism - that African Americans are lazy and don't want to work and depend entirely on handouts."

cbsnews

The fact that republicans are under the impression that black people are the main ones on welfare and have'nt asked for paychecks speaks to how out of touch they are with the african american community. We only make up 13 pecent of the population, so we can't possibly be the greatest burden on the social system. :filenails:

I was wondering if I should start a new thread, but I can post this here. Santorum said something similar, about not giving blacks other people's money. Then he tried o say it was saying "blah" people.

Iowa runner-up Rick Santorum… denied saying that he didn't want "to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/01/rick_santorum_says_hes_against.html

http://www.indecisionforever.com/2012/01/05/rick-santorum-doesnt-care-about-blah-k-people/

There's just so much racism in this country... how does the old saying go, as far as we come, the further we go back.

I could say so much more, but I might offend some....

Disagree.. Racism isn't as bad as it once was... It's not as socially acceptable as it once was...

And you shouldn't be surprised seeing it coming from this old rich white man... Some Old people are the downfall of this country

Disagree.. Racism isn't as bad as it once was... It's not as socially acceptable as it once was...

And you shouldn't be surprised seeing it coming from this old rich white man... Some Old people are the downfall of this country

Just because it isn't socially acceptable, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist... BLATANTLY.

We might not have people outright calling a black person the N-word (here and outside the US), but unfortunately it's still in hearts and minds of so many people...it's just expressed differently now (Like in this very situation).

Just because it isn't socially acceptable, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist... BLATANTLY.

We might not have people outright calling a black person the N-word (here and outside the US), but unfortunately it's still in hearts and minds of so many people...it's just expressed differently now (Like in this very situation).

Its called pumping up the whites and making them believe its a racial war. A few years ago I would have faulted the black performers for not standing up for us with thier public spotlight but now I understand if they did it would become an "us VS them" situation. By avoiding responses and allowing MSNBC to do all the speaking out, Obama will win. Us VS Them is suicide for Obama. :filenails:

Archived