Who's the Better Singer? Part 2!

SonofBaldwin

SANG!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the Better Singer?

• Brandy at her peak!
    • Monica at her peak!

I get why everyone prefers Monica's church-born voice. But in this case, I'm going for technical prowess. Monica definitely has Brandy beat in power. But not in range or versatility or vibrato or runs.

In regards to Brandy ppl usually sum up everything you just said by saying her voice is "unique". Even Monica has recently said NO ONE sounds like Brandy..she has such a distinctive voice. Which is true but I think ppl prefer Monica's voice because there's a strong conviction behind it. Alot like Mary's. They make you BELIEVE. Brandy gives you emotion but not on the same level. I guess it all boils down to how someone's voice moves YOU. Therefore it might not be a true answer now that you think about it.

In regards to Brandy ppl usually sum up everything you just said by saying her voice is "unique". Even Monica has recently said NO ONE sounds like Brandy..she has such a distinctive voice. Which is true but I think ppl prefer Monica's voice because there's a strong conviction behind it. Alot like Mary's. They make you BELIEVE. Brandy gives you emotion but not on the same level. I guess it all boils down to how someone's voice moves YOU. Therefore it might not be a true answer now that you think about it.

Monica had that grown gal voice back in the day. Brandy sounded like a teenager..