Nelly Furtado - 'The Spirit Indestructible'

TwistedElegance™

Nelly Furtado stormed the charts in 2006 with her multi-platinum album Loose, but she’s been relatively quiet since then. Now the Canadian singer is ready to conquer pop music once again with her long-awaited fourth English album.

T.S.I. (The Spirit Indestructible), Nelly’s first album since 2009’s Spanish-language Mi Plan, will arrive just in time for summer on June 19.

Nelly announced the news on Twitter. “The Spirit Indestructible JUNE 19, 2012,” she wrote.

The first single, “Big Hoops (Bigger the Better),” was produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins and will be released to iTunes on April 17. A video is being shot this week in Los Angeles.

In addition to Jerkins, Nelly has been in the studio with producers including Salaam Remi and Pharrell.

“It has a real classic sound to it, a sound that’s really authentic, super soulful,” said Nelly of her new music.

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/04/05/nelly-furtado-returns-with-new-album-the-spirit-indestructible-this-june/#more-119294

I am so ready. -_-

She is doing way too much with these dreadful track/album titles but i can't wait for this album. It's not going to be like Folklore or Whoa Nelly at all but she always manages to deliver so can't wait.

The photos for Big Hoops video are horrible so far. I swear, her tacky Portuguese rib is always punching her active brain cells down.

OMFG im already in LOVE and its a low quality preview

WOW :mellow:

apparently these are some of the lyrics

Half-child,half-woman. Those big jeans and hoops unstoppable but even more unstoppable the swagger. Becoming the myth. Mythical poster creature. Hair gel hardened under a mound of fresh bun. Gold hoops borrowed from older sister. White Sox jersey borrowed from a friend who's a boy with a crush on you. Oh but the swagger. The Bigger The Better. Waiting to be invited into the cipher. Look at me. On this street. I took the bus down and I've got my Big Hoops on.
  • Upvote 1

OMFG im already in LOVE and its a low quality preview

WOW :mellow:

apparently these are some of the lyrics

And this, ladies and gents, is why Nelly Furtado is THAT B****!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: she's bringing HEAT! She's not following the formula of the status quo and releasing some played dancy garbage! I'm excited for this just like I was excited for loose to come out over half a decade ago...only Nelly, only Nelly! :D

• Upvote 1

And yeah, that's the tacky portuguese shit i was talking about on the other post. Doing the most with that outfit :rolleyes:

There is another snippet of the new single and well... i didn't like it as much cuz her voice there ... But than again it's low quality so ...

nvm i love it now WTF

• 4 weeks later...

Uh-oh. Looks like 'Big Flops' has Nelly a little worried. -_-

Nelly Furtado's The Spirit Indestructible Pushed Back To September

Nelly Furtado has pushed back the release of her new album.

The singer was due to unveil her fifth studio set The Spirit Indestructible on June 18 in the UK and a day later in the US, but has now decided to delay its availability.

The record will now be sold online and in stores from September 10 in the UK and September 11 in North America.

Furtado recently confirmed that she will release both standard and deluxe versions of The Spirit Indestructible.

The star co-wrote every track on the album and worked with a variety of producers including Rodney Jerkins, Bob Rock and John Shanks.

"I began writing these songs around the time I released my Spanish album Mi Plan," Furtado explained. "I was in a great headspace, feeling refreshed and ready to really deliver in English again.

"This album is all about positivity, youth, good energy, and the relentlessness of the spirit. I want people to live this music the way we did when we wrote it.

"I want them to jump, dance, scream, laugh, cry, love and vibe to it, and to turn it up very loud everywhere."

Lead single 'Big Hoops (Bigger The Better)' is still scheduled to be available to download on June 4.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/music/news/a381682/nelly-furtado-delays-new-album-the-spirit-indestructible-release.html

I love it. "Eh eh eh what's the scenario..." :wub:

And I totally agree with you. I also appreciate Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' for the same reason.

I love that it's a throwback jam from the 90's..I was listening to it in my car and it bumps..and I said to myself "I know this song isn't gonna be a hit, but I applaud her for trying something different"..

And I love the chorus. Her voice is kinda annoying on the first part, but the chorus makes up for it.. :thumbup: