Brandy: “R&B Artists Need To Do More R&B Music!”

janetDAYZ

R&B singer Brandy is your favorite R&B singer’s favorite R&B singer. She is also very outspoken on the state of R&B music. She feels R&B singers need to bring R&B back and abandon the Euro-dance vibe they have going on.

Recently, Brandy gave an interview with Kempire Radio where she expressed her desire to have R&B come back into the mainstream like it once was. “I just think the artists who know how to do R&B need to do more R&B,” the singer said. “That’s all it is. It’s going to take all the people that can actually do it that are out there, and hot right now, to do more R&B.”

http://theurbandaily.com/1925733/brandy-rb-artists-need-to-do-more-rb-music/

I believe in artist having artistic freedom to express themselves in whatever genre, I do agree with her though.

Your reply contradicts itself. :umm: you believe in artistic freedom and Brandy's anti-artistic freedom rant (as if Brandy has room to talk about where successful musicians should be doing)

It seems like to me, Brandy wants this movement for herself... So se can ride the backs off the 90s movement :lmao:

Your reply contradicts itself. :umm: you believe in artistic freedom and Brandy's anti-artistic freedom rant (as if Brandy has room to talk about where successful musicians should be doing)

It seems like to me, Brandy wants this movement for herself... So se can ride the backs off the 90s movement :lmao:

No, it doesnt. :rolleyes: I believe In artistic freedom but I also feel that R&B artist should bring back that feel good R&B which we rarely hear. Brandy is one of the few artist that does that and I love her for it.

Didn't she just do a song with someone who switched over to that euro dance shit???

Yeah but the song is an R&B track so what's your point? And a person can express themselves in more than one genre at a time. Chris does dance but he also has some damn good r&b ballads.

• Upvote 1

Yeah but the song is an R&B track so what's your point? And a person can express themselves in more than one genre at a time. Chris does dance but he also has some damn good r&b ballads.

I wasn't talking about the song they did, I was talking about the person she worked with.. :mellow:

And Chris and "good r&b ballad" should never be in the same sentence.. :filenails:

• Upvote 2

Brandy never said anything about dance/techno music. All she said was that artist that are good at doing R&B, should continue to do R&B to help bring R&B back.

She feels R&B singers need to bring R&B back and abandon the Euro-dance vibe they have going on. :filenails:

She feels R&B singers need to bring R&B back and abandon the Euro-dance vibe they have going on. :filenails:

Brandy never said that. That's how the writer interpreted her words. Her comments are in quotation marks.

Sheesh, some of yall are acting like the girl was really throwing shade. :rolleyes:

Brandy never said that. That's how the writer interpreted her words. Her comments are in quotation marks.

Sheesh, some of yall are acting like the girl was really throwing shade. :rolleyes:

They're acting like they haven't said it or thought it in the past.

They're acting like they haven't said it or thought it in the past.

Everyone on here knows how I feel about that Euro dance shit..

I brought up Chris because he started out doing r&b and then he switch over..

The only other artist is Usher..