He just likes to do it in a dress. Big deal."

lexus97

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sigh: I guess you completely missed the idea. Masculinity and femininity are man made ideas. Therefore no one should tell the boy what he should do or the "right" way to behave. Why should he have to conform to some societal standard for men? No matter how many diamonds and pearls he wraps around his neck he will still be a man. Not "masculine" but still a man

He is also 5. How about if being nude made him happy. Should he be able to do that too?

He is also 5. How about if being nude made him happy. Should he be able to do that too?

Fail. Nudity is a "crime," being an effeminate male is not.

However, It's interesting that you bring up nudity, because nudity, like gender is a social construction. Nudity isn't innately wrong or taboo just like men and women aren't innately masculine and feminine. Society created these ideas. So if you want to get technical he should be able be nude. But it's a "crime" so it won't happen.

J.Weezy gets +1 :excited:

Benedict Arnold <_<

But anyways, if this was even a 15 year old I'd say "gwurl wear your dress," and the 5 year old could play dress up in the house but he should not be out in the street in a dress at 5. Everybody seems to forget this is a 5 year old. :blink:

Fail. Nudity is a "crime," being an effeminate male is not.

However, It's interesting that you bring up nudity, because nudity, like gender is a social construction. Nudity isn't innately wrong or taboo just like men and women aren't innately masculine and feminine. Society created these ideas. So if you want to get technical he should be able be nude. But it's a "crime" so it won't happen.

This all sounds wonder if it wasn't a 5 year old!!!!!! >_<

5 Year old don't get the right to express themselves on the extreme of a level in public...Shit when I was 5 I didn't have choice in what I wore in public cause I would have wore my pajamas all day. 5 years old don't make those types of decisions and they are also very impressionable and these parents are setting him up for failure and he gonna have psychological problems from teacher, adults, and kids treating him strange cause he is looking crazy in a dress.

5 Year old don't get the right to express themselves on the extreme of a level in public...Shit when I was 5 I didn't have choice in what I wore in public cause I would have wore my pajamas all day. 5 years old don't make those types of decisions and they are also very impressionable and these parents are setting him up for failure and he gonna have psychological problems from teacher, adults, and kids treating him strange cause he is looking crazy in a dress.

Says who? :shifty: you? ..society? ..oh..thats interchangable so .. >_<

Some parents allow their children that freedom to express themselves in their clothing from a young age...it is after all just clothing.

This parents in this situation are no different, except the child what the child choose to wear is ruffling feathers..because of social constructs.

Says who? :shifty: you? ..society? ..oh..thats interchangable so .. >_<

Hell yeah I say it...If they child was even a teenager at least he would understand whats going on. A 5 year old is still developing in a lot of ways mentally. Why scar them at a young age when you can avoid it because thats what a bunch of judgement will do. Let the kid wear a gown in the house and when he is old enough to understand what the fuck is going on and the consequences and if he still wants to wear preety pink gowns then at least he'll be able to deal with those consequences... >_<

What about when he is six and is bored with gowns and wants to wear pink mini skirts and hot pants. According to ya'll, because it makes him happy its okay. Reality check. Its not.

Hell yeah I say it...If they child was even a teenager at least he would understand whats going on. A 5 year old is still developing in a lot of ways mentally. Why scar them at a young age when you can avoid it because thats what a bunch of judgement will do. Let the kid wear a gown in the house and when he is old enough to understand what the fuck is going on and the consequences and if he still wants to wear preety pink gowns then at least he'll be able to deal with those consequences... >_<

What about when he is six and is bored with gowns and wants to wear pink mini skirts and hot pants. According to ya'll, because it makes him happy its okay. Reality check. Its not.

What do you think of little boys that play with barbies?

What do you think of little boys that play with barbies?

Cool, but playing with Barbies and coming to school dressed like Barbie is two different animals :excited: :excited:

College kids are commiting suicide based on far less crazier things because they can't handle it mentally, and you gonna put a 5 year old through that? >_<

The girls have lost their minds :shifty:

I'm grown! I'm not 5! :excited::excited:

I know the risk and the consequences of my actions nor an early developmental stages.

Thanks for proving my point genius. :wave:

So children can't do what they like now? Essentially what you're saying is that parents should mold their children to fit in with the "rules" of society, simultaneously stifling their freedom of expression, because they will be teased? As a gay man have you not been teased or discriminated against? So, if you had a son or daughter who showed signs that they were attracted to the same sex at 5....you would tell them that isn't acceptable until they're grown? Doesn't that innately suggest that being gay is an inferior and unacceptable lifestyle, while simultaneously paint you as a hypocrite?

And you keep saying that kids are "impressionable" and that they "can't make decisions on their own," as if the parents told them to put on the dress themselves and he didn't independently make that decision. Are you saying he was possibly exposed to feminine things and that persuaded him to be the way he is? Just the way that boys are told over and over that pink and barbie dolls are bad, so they are persuaded to believe that a real man doesnt like those things?

Get the point? Good. Log off.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Cool, but playing with Barbies and coming to school dressed like Barbie is two different animals :excited: :excited:

College kids are commiting suicide based on far less crazier things because they can't handle it mentally, and you gonna put a 5 year old through that? >_<

The girls have lost their minds :shifty:

Not to say the 5yr old would be an activist but it takes those type of standup figures to help the progress of acceptance of a traditional heavy society.

Archived