• Live (1999)
    • 8701 (2001)
    • Confessions (2004)
    • Here I stand (2008)
    • Raymond Vs. Raymond (2009)
    • Verses (2010)
    • Looking 4 Myself (2012)

usher.jpg

Well heres my thing, for the most part I really digg his discography, I think I like his music more than I like him lol, but I like him, he is a major MJ impressionist, but what I like about him appose to the other imitators (Chris Brown, Justin, Omarian, Ne-Yo, Etc.)he has originality with it, he has his own style of dancing, and singing, and his music and image in general, and his music dont all sound the same from album #1 to his latest. Now granted for the most part his old albums very much sound like the years they were released in, still that dont stop me from enjoying them.

Usher, when I 1st heard this album back in 04 I thought it was trash but last year I played it and it was almost like hearing it for the 1st time, and I loved it, and I very much do today, I dont like the 1st single too much, and think LaFace was stupid for having a slow jam as a 1st single, and that song too. Think Of You should've been the 1st single, anyway the album is impressive to me for his age, and fits right with Brandy, Monica, & Aaliyah in that time. I love The Many Ways but I dont think it should've been a single, theres songs on here that wouold've been perfect to get him in that kid audience, and The many ways isnt 1 of them. I'll Make It Right should've been a single, You Took My Heart, LOVE WAS HERE OMG that song is just soooo hott and 94 what the hell was a 15 yr old singin that for lol, Smile Again wouldnt've made a great single, but I enjoy it.

My Way, Alot of growth, JD did right by him, and got him a perfect sound and image for his age and made right single choices. OFCOURSE You make me wanna...that song is timeless, and the perfect opening single. Im suprised the song didnt go #1 with the amount of airplay it got and still gets. Nice & Slow is a good song, but Im not that huge on I forget it exists lol. I LOVE MY WAY the song is good lol. I LOVE Just Like Me and Lil Kim was great on it I'm suprised it wasnt a single. I LOVE One Day You'll Be Mine with a passion, and strongly thinks it should've been a single, same with Slow Jam ft. Monica, very good duet.

Live, The album is kinda breathy, you know he was singin live it shows..and not in a good way lol, but for the new songs, I like that he did a Bobby Brown mix, I LOVE his version of Rock Witcha and Roni. I also love his version of I need Love and Tender Love.

8701, Pop Your collar was such a horrible single choice let alone opening single, but they corrected that big time with You Remind Me, everything about that song and video was perfect for 2001. And I just love that they connected the videos for You Remind Me, You Got It Bad, and You Dont have to call, all 3 of which I think were perfect single choices. I thought U turn was good but I Dont Know is MUCH more of a 2001-02 single than U turn. I also like If I Want To, Hottest Thing, How Do I Say, and I know it wasnt on the album but I gotta add I need a girl part 2, that song was HOTTTT and everywhere

Confessions. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT SONG IS SOOOO TIMELESS, and is his best song in my opinion, like it's brilliant, and the way everyone acts at a party or club when this song is played this many years later thats magic, that song was sooo huge, and perfect for him because it dont sound like anything he's done before it, and it's what artist who arent on their 1st album dream of, that bitch came out of NOWHERE and was everywhere by the 1st week of it's released, and I'm like DAMN thats how it's done, that song was HUGE. Then Burn came 2nd and the charts ate it up and it went to #1, same with Confessions 2, & My boo. But I gotta say Im not that huge on Let It Burn or Confessions pt.2, I like them but they arent my picks from the album really, I think Bad Girl would've done huge on the charts. MY BOOOOOO woo, that song was soooo huge, I loved it from 1st listen, it has for me what You Dont Know My Name has, and what makes it special and timeless. Caught up.....I never really cared much for it, but people were lovin it when it was new. I LOVE Throwback and seduction and feel like they would've made good singles. Listening to the whole album recently I realized I loved the era more than the album itself, but the album and era gets props from me for Yeah!

Here I stand.....this is where I get a lil mean...I cant stand the album or era, Love In This Club song and video wise does and always did nothing for me both are soooo overrated to me. MOVING MOUNTAINS SUCKS!!! Thats all. What's Your name sucks too, mainly cause of Will I.Am (CANT STAND HIM). I like Trading places.......Here I stand........how can such a great song be on such a bad album? this song slayyyys and is timeless and R&B gold. I LOVE it to death. I also like Best Thing feat. Jay-Z. I think it would've made a good single, same with What's A Man To Do.

Raymond Vs. Raymond. He redeemed himself, and at the same time took a chance with a more pop sound and it paid off. I LOVE Papers, and thought it was the perfect song to open the new era with. I dont like Lil Freak. I do like Daddy's Home a lil. OMG Would've been so much better without Will. There Goes My Baby....he did it again, it's almost like he made a sequel to the song here I stand, the song is another classic old school with a new school twist that I just love. MORE IS HOTTNESS, and makes a great pop single.I like Mars vs. Venus and pro lover too but cant see them being singles.

Versus. He went even more pop with this and it paid off and I'm shocked DJ got us falling in love didnt go #1, it was fucking everywhere, didn tknow how I felt about it at 1st, but by the end of the summer I loved it and its my summer 2010 song forever. Hot Tottie.....forgetable. I like Lay You Down, really smooth song. I like Lingerie too, and Stronger was good.

Looking For Myself, Climax was the perfect way to start this era off. Scream.....I like it but its a lil too DJ got us falling in love, but it's good for radio. I also like Lemme See, Cant stop wont stop, Looking for myself, Lessons for the lover, and What happend to U and 2nd round. I like the album as a whole alot, and those are my personal standouts.

1.Confessions

3.My Way

4.Usher

5.Raymond Vs. Raymond

6.Looking For Myself

7.Verses

8.Here I stand

9.Live

*I love more songs from 8701 than Confessions, but Confessions has what I call his best song ever recorded and released, and I like the era more than 8701)

*Here I stand only beat live by having the song Here I stand, if it didnt it'd be in last place.

My previous installments of Discography chat

Aaliyah-

Alicia Keys-

TLC-

Toni Braxton-

Paula Abdul-

Missy-

The Spice Girls-

En Vogue-

Destiny's Child-

Mariah Carey-

Whitney Houston- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8920-discography-chat-whitney-houston/

Ludacris- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9324-discography-chat-ludacris/

Mary J. Blige- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9148-discography-chat-mary-j-blige/

Jill Scott- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9179-discography-chat-jill-scott/

Jennifer Lopez- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9206-discography-chat-jennifer-lopez/

Outkast- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9083-discography-chat-outkast/

Erykah Badu- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9107-discography-chat-erykah-badu/

Christina Aguilera- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9007-discography-chat-christina-aguilera/

Britney Spears- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9048-discography-chat-britney-spears/

Ciara- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9130-discography-chat-ciara/

Other members installments

Common- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9378-commons-discography/

The Black Eyed Peas- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9201-discography-chat-black-eyed-peas/

PRe-confessions - I love ever single he released pre Yeah. But I could never really get into the albums though to be fair I've never given them a proper listen.

Confessions Era >>>> I still like the album actually. Can U Handle It >>>

Never liked Here I Am the album...But I LOVED Love In The Club with Beyonce and Moving Mountains

Raymond V Raymond - I actually think the album is pretty decent. I love Daddys Home, There Goes My Baby, Nicki track,

Climax/Scream or whatever the new album is called - haven't bothered listening to it.

:P

PRe-confessions - I love ever single he released pre Yeah. But I could never really get into the albums though to be fair I've never given them a proper listen.

Confessions Era >>>> I still like the album actually. Can U Handle It >>>

Never liked Here I Am the album...But I LOVED Love In The Club with Beyonce and Moving Mountains

Raymond V Raymond - I actually think the album is pretty decent. I love Daddys Home, There Goes My Baby, Nicki track,

Climax/Scream or whatever the new album is called - haven't bothered listening to it.

:P

THANKS BU!!!! Yea I could never really give him a proper listen until like....09ish, and I was really happy I did. Granted EVERY one of his albums has filler (IMO) but every 1 of his albums also has at least 2 songs that should've been singles that werent (IMO). I will say I do like the In The Club remix more than the original, but Lil Wayne is soooo shitty to me so he kinda ruined it for me. And like with Alicia, I did expect more from a Usher & Bey duet, now they could've done it on Bey's turf and I think it would've slayed more, but I do love Love In The Club more than Put it in a love song so it works lol.

The only album I've heard in full is Confessions because that was the hot album of that time. There were some good songs but I was never crazy about it. I'm gonna listen to some of them and post my verdict progressively.

And Versus is not an album :rolleyes:

My rule of Discogrpahy chat (when I do it) is that any EP, remix album, or live album with more than 3 songs that arent on the album can be counted as a seperate era (if the author wants and/or cares), which applies for Verses which is a EP with tracks not on RVR, so you will deal :coffee:

I know the word "pressed" is used loosely at times, but if one really needs to be trollish and not say anything valuable to the conversation, the shoe fits to a T. IJS.

But I just listened to L4M in full. The album is actually decent with likeable songs. My favorites were Climax, I care for U, Show Me, Dive, and Looking For Myself. It really didn't need Scream and Euphoria. Numb isn't bad. There are actually some songs that were refreshing. They're contemporary but it's no where near what's currently on radio. If he can take a risk with his single selection, he can really prove he's somewhat of a leader.

RvR later!

• Upvote 2

RvR is just an average album overall. Most of the songs range from mediocre to good. Nothing amazing. And that doesn't make for an album to remember. And it didn't help that R&B wasn't in.

Next....Here I stand.

Woo I cant wait for what you think of Here i stand compared to RVR

I know the word "pressed" is used loosely at times, but if one really needs to be trollish and not say anything valuable to the conversation, the shoe fits to a T. IJS.

You betta preach, this be Discography chat, not just any news about the artist, like at least elaborate if you're going to comment, is there ANY single he's released that you like? Or you can do a Austin and go on what you dont like. And if you truly wanna act like you dont know him, why comment?

Here I Stand isn't THAT bad. I loved "Love In This Club" "Love in This Club Remix" "Trading Places" "Moving Mountains" "Something Special" and "Here I Stand". "Confessions" and "8701" are my favorite Usher albums. This new album is amazing too! "Lemme See" is my fav song right now and "Climax" is so nice and soothing. I just love Usher.

Here I Stand isn't THAT bad. I loved "Love In This Club" "Love in This Club Remix" "Trading Places" "Moving Mountains" "Something Special" and "Here I Stand". "Confessions" and "8701" are my favorite Usher albums. This new album is amazing too! "Lemme See" is my fav song right now and "Climax" is so nice and soothing. I just love Usher.

Well yea in general alot of people didnt think the album was horrible, I think Love In This Club sucks big time but it went #1 lol, so I acknowlege that my feelings about the album probably isnt the majority. But he does/did acknowlege that the album was a disapointment. He simply just could've done better, MUCH better in my opinion.

I'm gonna start with R vs R cause that album gets a bad rep due to the OMG track.

Hey Daddy - lots of bass, club friendly, and still keeps that classic Usher R&B vibe

There Goes My Baby - Soothing, slick, perfect for a cook out.

Lil Freak - EVERYONE was looking for Nicki Minaj at the time. Fitting for the era

She Don't Know - Upbeat and funky, but never does to much. Just right

OMG - Sadly its all anyone remember from the album just because the song got lots of radio play.

Pro Lover - Really smooth/funky, very Robin Thicke meets Erika Badu. The song is fire!

Foolin Around - Sweet melody

Papers - People didn't like it but I thought it was cool and he actually got personal for once.

It's really in his top 4 albums. In fact the album sounds NOTHING like OMG

My favourites already did. Anyway this is my "Top 10" of Usher songs:

1 - Nice & Slow

2 - Love In The Club (ft Bey)

3 - U Got It Bad

4 - Burn

5 - Confessions (all versions)

6 - You Make Me Wanna...

7 - Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)

8 - Can U Handle It

9 - Throwback

10 - Superstar

Even though Here I Stand era is where Usher "started to fall off", it ironically is the year that I started to take him seriously has a performer. I mean his performance game has really improved, and is well above his peers.

The Love In This Club performance was HOT! Your favorites could never!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcCU2JEd1tA

My faves done better lol. Anyway yea that was a great performance. I think I knew who he was during the My Way Era but I didnt pay ANY attention to him at all, until 8701, thats when I noticed I loved his music, and his moves. 01 was a great year for music......just had big flashback, 01 really slayed musically.....good times.....