janet. tour

janetologist

my first thought(s) are always correct, which is why I shouldn't second guess myself :umm:

1. This could be in Dayz thread where it belongs, no tea no shade, but be prepared to hear it

2. It's not a priority to Janet, it's simply not, we (the fans) have basically begged her for years (literally) to put the tours out there, and Nope, zero, Da Nada

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rocknet said:

my first thought(s) are always correct, which is why I shouldn't second guess myself :umm:

1. This could be in Dayz thread where it belongs, no tea no shade, but be prepared to hear it

2. It's not a priority to Janet, it's simply not, we (the fans) have basically begged her for years (literally) to put the tours out there, and Nope, zero, Da Nada

They even had the same title, like he didn’t bother to read the first page 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, janetologist said:

so how do yall explain back in 2015 when she posted a picture of the janet. tour and it looked like she was editing it??

now this is a very very very good question because that is exactly what it looked like. My only theory is if we were t get the tours she would have to find a distributor and a deal where she makes money even if only a small amount for something decades old. She would have done better if the tours had been on VHS and DVD back when she did them, those would have sold. Maybe as part of a package deal with Netflix for some behinds the scenes documentary .......we can only speculate

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

now this is a very very very good question because that is exactly what it looked like. My only theory is if we were t get the tours she would have to find a distributor and a deal where she makes money even if only a small amount for something decades old. She would have done better if the tours had been on VHS and DVD back when she did them, those would have sold. Maybe as part of a package deal with Netflix for some behinds the scenes documentary .......we can only speculate

that and also if you pay attention to montage footages, shes puts footage from the tour in there, and also she also used 5 seconds of it for a fresh off the boat episode

2 hours ago, janetologist said:

that and also if you pay attention to montage footages, shes puts footage from the tour in there, and also she also used 5 seconds of it for a fresh off the boat episode

yes I saw the fresh off the boat scene and for those 5 seconds sure <_<

i kind of remember in like the early 2010s janet talking about releasing some sort of bundle of the RN & janet. tour with her new album (at the time it was going to be her 11th with Rodney Jerkins but it got scrapped), but i'm not a 100% so pls don't attack me if i'm wrong or sound incredibly stupid. anyhow i think sometime in 100 years (at the earliest) we'll get the janet tour, but it's best not to wait for it 

42 minutes ago, Damitajo said:

i kind of remember in like the early 2010s janet talking about releasing some sort of bundle of the RN & janet. tour with her new album (at the time it was going to be her 11th with Rodney Jerkins but it got scrapped), but i'm not a 100% so pls don't attack me if i'm wrong or sound incredibly stupid. anyhow i think sometime in 100 years (at the earliest) we'll get the janet tour, but it's best not to wait for it 

my thing is this, it's been a very frequent request, and if it were a huge request I could understand Janet not filling the request. Now my case is this, we're the fans that have stood by her through it all, and I mean lows and highs. I have gone to every Janet concert since Janet. and did so at least twice, including RWY which only had 11 shows :umm: ....gurl ... I digress :sigh: If the shows come cool, if not oh well, but one thing is for damn sure, Im over requesting :coffee: 

Much as i was the janet tour in my collection..i dont think we're going to get it. We're juss gonna have to be satisfied w/ the bootleg versions on youtube. At this point im more worried about the netflix doc. Remember she had cameras following her last year? Janet PLEASE dont tell me that has been canned. 

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Much as i was the janet tour in my collection..i dont think we're going to get it. We're juss gonna have to be satisfied w/ the bootleg versions on youtube. At this point im more worried about the netflix doc. Remember she had cameras following her last year? Janet PLEASE dont tell me that has been canned. 

Well, Janet has several projects lined up this year according to a recent article, maybe the long awaited Netflix doc is one of them??? 🤔

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Well, Janet has several projects lined up this year according to a recent article, maybe the long awaited Netflix doc is one of them??? 🤔

Yes! People don't get that it takes time to film over a long period of time + the whole editing process. I think they started filming right before the SOTW kicked off. They filmed parts of the rehearsals, shows and interviewed fans outside the venues. 

I think the camera crew followed Janet and Randy in October 2017 when they went to 2300 Jackson Street and that high school. 

Plus they filmed recording sessions for the new album so I think this doc is gonna drop later this year (after the album and continuation of the tour).

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Game For Now said:

A frequent request = >10k fans = negative profits 

It’s not profitable unless she signs something with a streaming service 

the footage is there, edit the stuff, get the sound remastered and call Netflix end of...I do not honestly believe its that hard not now, there's more content avenues and channels than ever, we have more options now than ever before to see something

15 hours ago, Jakob said:

Yes! People don't get that it takes time to film over a long period of time + the whole editing process. I think they started filming right before the SOTW kicked off. They filmed parts of the rehearsals, shows and interviewed fans outside the venues. 

I think the camera crew followed Janet and Randy in October 2017 when they went to 2300 Jackson Street and that high school. 

Plus they filmed recording sessions for the new album so I think this doc is gonna drop later this year (after the album and continuation of the tour).

They also filmed Janet's surprise bday party the dancers threw for her and they filmed when Janet and Ciara went Disney World together with their kids.

• Upvote 1