Do You Find 'Family Guy' Racist?

TwistedElegance™

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. Often jokes in sitcoms are based on the ignorance of the character forming racial stereotypes, but I swear FG is just blatantly crossing that line.

One example is the episode where Meg flips out and takes revenge on the family. She winds up at the pharmacy pointing a gun at Mort, but Brian talks her out of it. When they leave, Mort says "At least I didn't get robbed." Then you hear the door open and he says, "And what can I do for you four fine black gentlemen today?"

Thoughts?

When they did Whitney and made her crawl for crack I was like that's a bit much :filenails:

they had one episode where the alien was disguised and on a blind date wit this fat ugly chick, and the boy was with a hot girl, anyway when his diguise came off the fat chick was like OMG you're an alien, so he knocked her out and the other pretty girl, then he gone say "did anybody see the Black guys that did this"

FG stays doing racist jokes. Even though my beloved SP does them every now and then, they go after every race unlike FG.

wrong! Family Guy has made fun of whites, blacks, and mexicans. Hell they even go international and have made fun of Britains. Remember that character with the big ass teeth who can't talk right? I don't mind it. At first I was like no these bitches didn't just say that or do that but I honestly think they grew up around urban neighborhoods.

wrong! Family Guy has made fun of whites, blacks, and mexicans. Hell they even go international and have made fun of Britains. Remember that character with the big ass teeth who can't talk right? I don't mind it. At first I was like no these bitches didn't just say that or do that but I honestly think they grew up around urban neighborhoods.

They did? Oh my bad...it must have been after SP's been there and done that :filenails:

I personally don't think any of it is offensive. Some of the jokes made on FG are the same jokes I make with my friends. Hell me and my friends call ppl "stupid nigggers" on Twitter all the time regardless of whether or not they're Black. The thing with FG is that no one is off limits. They've made jokes about soooo many races and ethnicities:

"Whites" - Peter himself is a walking stereotype, a fat Irish drunk (who coincidentally works at a brewery).

Blacks - TE's reference.

Jews - the jokes about Jews are quite prevalent, I think Seth himself is Jewish.

Hispanics - the Hispanic maid (:lmao:)

Asians - Asian reporter Tricia Takanawa, the scene with the Chinese woman changing lanes on the freeway without using her blinker

Indians - the war reference early in the show

Italians - VERY stereotypical mob characters.

New Yorkers - stereotyped

I have been watching the show since 2002, and have never been offended by any of the things they say or do. They're just meant for jokes, and to illustrate how ridiculous people can be when it comes to certain topics, and how we need not be so sensitive. Not only have they made jokes about races, they've made political statements "The FCC Song", the lack of social progress in the South, and the joke Brian made during the WWII episode about America not having any oil. Nothing they do is TOO pushing it, and I don't think it's meant to do any harm.

they just use all the stereotypes attached to this or that race/nacionality to make jokes , dave chappelle used the same kind of humour. I don't think that that is racism but i understand why some people feel that way.

They make fun of the Portugeuse all the time so i cannot go against them :wub:

O/T Cleavland show would be a lot more epic if they had the balls to get into the Ghetto without being so afraid of being called racist or piss off some black folks. BALLS IN bitch BALLS IN

They did? Oh my bad...it must have been after SP's been there and done that :filenails:

Henri I really doubt that Seth or anybody else from Family Guy and American Dad are watching South Park for idea. Nobody watches South Park anymore :coffee:

Henri I really doubt that Seth or anybody else from Family Guy and American Dad are watching South Park for idea. Nobody watches South Park anymore :coffee:

Yeah because he attempts to make the same jokes SP stopped making seasons ago :filenails:AD has nothing to do with it. Unlike FG, that show's actually funny all the time :filenails: Nobody watches SP but they're currently on their 15th season while FG is on their 9....OOPS! :filenails:

SP's "Fishsticks" episode >>>>>>>>> the entire FG series

:filenails:

I think it's racially provocative, and it pushes the boundaries, but to be fair they make fun of everyone, blacks, Asians, disabled people - and it's funny.

Anyway, everyone has racist tendencies.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lol: that's damn shame! I wonder who they used to do that asian woman's voice when she was driving? "How much signal I need to turn across 8 lane? None? Ok I turn now. Good luck everybody else!" :lmao:

Yeah because he attempts to make the same jokes SP stopped making seasons ago :filenails:AD has nothing to do with it. Unlike FG, that show's actually funny all the time :filenails: Nobody watches SP but they're currently on their 15th season while FG is on their 9....OOPS! :filenails:

SP's "Fishsticks" episode >>>>>>>>> the entire FG series

:filenails:

South Park can stay on their 15th season...they're not on an prime time network either. Also Family Guy is so popular it gets shown on TBS as well as Cartoon Network. Henri I don't wanna do this but I do have time. :filenails:

South Park can stay on their 15th season...they're not on an prime time network either. Also Family Guy is so popular it gets shown on TBS as well as Cartoon Network. Henri I don't wanna do this but I do have time. :filenails:

But yet that one SP episode trumps everything FG has been trying to do :excited:

evelyn3.gif

*sends out a bird call to Rafi to let him know you're acting up* :filenails:

:lol: that's damn shame! I wonder who they used to do that asian woman's voice when she was driving? "How much signal I need to turn across 8 lane? None? Ok I turn now. Good luck everybody else!" :lmao:

"It seems unfair that the last thing these people might see is a mediocre comedy featuring Queen Latifah on skis." - Peter Griffin

:lmao::lmao: :lmao:

Archived