The Obama Vs. Romney Debate Thread

Bailey

I kinda had the impression Mitt was holding his own and did not falter and the truth for me was he did not falter, he stood his ground and he held up against Obama, he had to do something to save his campaign and tonight, albeit boring, was an important moment to keep the race going and not be dead in the water. The commentators all agree....Romney won. :thumbdown:

I'm going to need Obama to step up his game during the town meeting debate. He was a bit underwhelming. While he got some good points across, the way Romney was spewing out lies and inconsistencies was very effective.

The next debate should be more interesting with people asking the questions.

I felt like President Obama had a whole arsenal of weapons to use against Romney and ended up jsut using his bare hands. There is so much he could have called Romney out on.

He didn't want to seem too cocky.. He's winning by just standing there.. Barely ahead in the polls but still winning.

A down Obama will fight his way back up plus its the first debate... The 2nd and third.. He'll kick out I hope

He didn't want to seem too cocky.. He's winning by just standing there.. Barely ahead in the polls but still winning.

A down Obama will fight his way back up plus its the first debate... The 2nd and third.. He'll kick out I hope

He did the same thing with HIllary and Mccain.. Was cool and calm during the first debate and kicked ass during the remaining debates..

It's almost like when Janet wears black and her fans act surprised like she hasn't worn black since she was 18.

Here's a comment from Huffingtonpost.com

How many more times do people need to see this play out before they get it - President Obama has NEVER been aggressive and he has Never, EVER come out swinging in round one. Barrack Obama has always been calm, measured and deliberate, gradually building momentum. Liberals (this liberal included) want a Mike Tyson style knockout in the first fifteen seconds of the first round. But a political campaign isn't a boxing match. In a boxing match the fight is over as soon as one contender deals a devastating knockout punch to his opponent. The vote is on November 6th, and no amount of devastation to Mittens' campaign will bring it any sooner. If President Obama scored a knockout during the first debate, Mittens would have time to regroup, to mount a counter attack and two more debates to come back. Lest we forget that W lost the first two debates to John Kerry hands down only to come back in the third. Plus if President Obama came out swinging in this first debate, he would be labeled an "angry black man" and a bully. No doubt the Mittminions will accuse me of making excuses and of wishful thinking. But they can only do so by ignoring the fact that Barack Obama's political record. He has ALWAYS been criticized as too cautious, too slow, unwilling to got for the easy kill (and let's face it, when it comes to easy targets, Mr. 47% is covered with them) but he has always gradually gained momentum and come through victorious in the end, and in election politics, it's the final result that counts. Let the baggers do their premature victory laps - it will make Mittens' inevitable landslide defeat all that much sweeter.

• Upvote 1

Obama played it smart.. people will forget this debate.. but will remember the second and third... especially the third.. where Obama can mention any gaffes, facts, etc that Willard made during this entire process

Winner: Romney

Note Taker: Barack Obama

Loser: The Moderator

That what I've been saying. Obamas a brilliant speaker - do people really think Mr 47% is going to bother him :lol:.

He did the same thing with HIllary and Mccain.. Was cool and calm during the first debate and kicked ass during the remaining debates..

It's almost like when Janet wears black and her fans act surprised like she hasn't worn black since she was 18.

How many more times do people need to see this play out before they get it - President Obama has NEVER been aggressive and he has Never, EVER come out swinging in round one. Barrack Obama has always been calm, measured and deliberate, gradually building momentum. Liberals (this liberal included) want a Mike Tyson style knockout in the first fifteen seconds of the first round. But a political campaign isn't a boxing match. In a boxing match the fight is over as soon as one contender deals a devastating knockout punch to his opponent. The vote is on November 6th, and no amount of devastation to Mittens' campaign will bring it any sooner. If President Obama scored a knockout during the first debate, Mittens would have time to regroup, to mount a counter attack and two more debates to come back. Lest we forget that W lost the first two debates to John Kerry hands down only to come back in the third. Plus if President Obama came out swinging in this first debate, he would be labeled an "angry black man" and a bully. No doubt the Mittminions will accuse me of making excuses and of wishful thinking. But they can only do so by ignoring the fact that Barack Obama's political record. He has ALWAYS been criticized as too cautious, too slow, unwilling to got for the easy kill (and let's face it, when it comes to easy targets, Mr. 47% is covered with them) but he has always gradually gained momentum and come through victorious in the end, and in election politics, it's the final result that counts. Let the baggers do their premature victory laps - it will make Mittens' inevitable landslide defeat all that much sweeter.

what i dont get it the media/pundits can say romney won but yet they know he LIED about everything he said!!!!!! WTF :blink:

how do you fucking lie, lie lie dont explain how u r going to do anything yet you won. Because you acted like an attack dog foaming at the mouth???? Obama was cool as usual he answered the questions, he gave examples, he gave numbers. romney just attacked and that's what they media wants. they will not get that from O. I agree with the article.

^^^this is EXACTLY what went down....Obama didn't take him out early, he's gonna do it in the debates closer to the election

what i dont get it the media/pundits can say romney won but yet they know he LIED about everything he said!!!!!! WTF :blink:

how do you fucking lie, lie lie dont explain how u r going to do anything yet you won. Because you acted like an attack dog foaming at the mouth???? Obama was cool as usual he answered the questions, he gave examples, he gave numbers. romney just attacked and that's what they media wants. they will not get that from O. I agree with the article.

Like I said before, the manner in which Romney delivered his lies was very effective. But to anyone with a functional brain, his responses were full of holes.

What Obama should have done was point them out right on the spot. Ain't nobody got time to fact check every single lie that was made. Only those who are interested, like us, will read about the inconsistencies. But the average American will not, and will rely on the TV folks to break it down. :sigh:

Like I said before, the manner in which Romney delivered his lies was very effective. But to anyone with a functional brain, his responses were full of holes.

What Obama should have done was point them out right on the spot. Ain't nobody got time to fact check every single lie that was made. Only those who are interested, like us, will read about the inconsistencies. But the average American will not, and will rely on the TV folks to break it down. :sigh:

I fell asleep during the debate the shit just went on and on, and was quite boring...I knew Mitt won because the bar for him was so low, the fact he held up 90 minutes alone was a win.

The debate was so boring. Obama was stuttering more than I've ever seen him..maybe it was his 20th year anniversary that he wanted to get too..but it wasn't good..

Romney held his own I suppose..but I'm not voting for him because he is so untrustworthy. He was speaking to Obama and not the people. At least Obama was engaging with "we" and addressing America.

I hope the second and third debates are interesting.

The debate was so boring. Obama was stuttering more than I've ever seen him..maybe it was his 20th year anniversary that he wanted to get too..but it wasn't good..

Romney held his own I suppose..but I'm not voting for him because he is so untrustworthy. He was speaking to Obama and not the people. At least Obama was engaging with "we" and addressing America.

I hope the second and third debates are interesting.

Mitt is going to lose ultimately and thats what matters Obama another 4 years I sure wanna see this :clapping: