The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

she needs to tone it down with the "Do What U Want" performances. I'd rather it not be just a tiny bit seductive. Venus is a horrible song and i've only seen one performance of it and don't wanna see another one

I think she scarred that guitar player for life

I don't think anyone would do anything with that body in that performance....

the "artRave" will be happening tonight in NYC and will be streaming live on Vevo

VEVO Presents: Lady Gaga artRave LIVE from NYC Sunday, Nov 10th at 11:30p ET. Stream Mother Monster's ARTPOP concert ONLY on VEVO, and on VEVO iOS, Xbox and Apple TV apps!
  • Upvote 1

When Iiiii igniiiiite the flaaaaame and put you in my mouuuuttthhhh...

The grass eats up my insiiiiides and my bruuuunette starts to sprouuuuutttt!!!!!!!!

INTRODUCING... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... MARY JANE HOLLAND!!!!!!

:excited: *AUDIENCE GOES WILD* :excited:

That part gives me so much life. Best part of the album.

When Iiiii igniiiiite the flaaaaame and put you in my mouuuuttthhhh...

The grass eats up my insiiiiides and my bruuuunette starts to sprouuuuutttt!!!!!!!!

INTRODUCING... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... MARY JANE HOLLAND!!!!!!

:excited: *AUDIENCE GOES WILD* :excited:

That part gives me so much life. Best part of the album.

^_^ best part of the album though? :umm:

Gaga's flying dress

lady-gaga-flying-dress-650.jpg

Lady Gaga's Volantis: 7 Things She Said About Her Flying Machine

Mother Monster took flight last night and had some inspirational words about how and why it all came together.

So before we begin, know this: Lady Gaga believes in every word she says and move she makes. You may not. Last night (Nov. 10), prior to her Jeff Koons-highlighted artRave exhibit, performance of material from her “ARTPOP” album (out today), and glam dance party, the starlet hosted a press conference in a warehouse at the Brooklyn Navy Yard where she debuted—of all things—a one-man flying apparatus called Volantis.

The white, raucous contraption boasts six booms in a hex formation that assist with liftoff and the front view reveals a chest to knee female silhouette, which is likely is the reason Gaga referred to Volantis as a woman itself by often calling it “she.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzK_rlSx67M

After hovering around about a foot or three off of the ground for a bit and gathering some applause, the singer’s Tech Haus team unstrapped her and she had some words for the press.

She explained that the showing "may be a small step for Volantis," but it’s "a big-time step" for her and pop culture overall as an example of the grand things that can happen when creative minds meet.

Cynics were heavy in attendance, ready to pan the event simply as promotional vehicle. Sure, it was promo. But not for one second did Gaga seem insincere in her mission to better the world, one song, gadget, or eccentricity at a time. Here are some of the standout quotes from her press conference.

"This is her beta test flight. So, you know, stand back."

This was Volantis’ first flight and anything could have happened. Thankfully, nothing exploded and Mother Monster landed in one piece.

"She's green."

Volantis won’t be polluting Earth. She’s battery operated.

"...something to wear on stage."

This whole thing started with Gaga just wanting something cool to wear on stage while performing and then it morphed into Volantis.

"I want to evolve the world in making her."

Gaga’s goals are bigger than her. She wants others to at least attempt to be innovative and forward-thinking.

"Hopefully, one day you'll own a Volantis of your own."

Self-explanatory. Can you imagine having that thing in the garage, next to your car?

"Right now, she's priceless."

That was Gaga’s response to how much Volantis will cost when it’s sold some day. There’s no set date or plans to mass-produce it just yet. But investors, she says, have already been in touch to beef things up tech-wise and further production.

"Think about all we could do if we just thought about Volantis. Imagine the possibilities," "We all have potential to be great," "I hope today marks a change in pop. Not just for me."

Those were some of the more broad statements, all driving the big idea that with teamwork and creativity, once “crazy” thoughts can become achievable. Like Volantis, they might not soar high initially. But in time, maybe.

I'm not sure how that flying dress is a dress. But Gaga and team are pretty crazy/creative.

So...bought the album and listened to it twice yesterday. Here's my opinion!

LOVE

* Applause - This grew on me with time and is one of my favorites of 2013.

* Do What U Want - One of her best singles, ever.

* Sexxx Dreams - My favorite Lady Gaga song, ever.

* Jewels N Drugs - makes me wanna twurq.

* MANiCURE - love it live and album version. YES!

* Venus - cute 80's pop.

* ARTPOP - relaxing.

* Swine - I wasn't a fan of the iTunes Festival version, but the album version is so much better.

* Gypsy - Prefer the piano version she performed in Germany, album version is decent.

* G.U.Y - Heard it for the first time yesterday, reminds me of something from the early 2000s.

* Dope - I really liked "I Wanna Be With You", but the album version isn't bad. She kind of sounds like a drunk Aunty singing at a holiday party.

DON'T CARE FOR

* Donatella - I don't even remember listening to this haha. It's forgettable.

* Aura - I never liked the demo or the iTunes Festival version or the verses, but this might grow on me because that chorus is cute.

* Mary Jane Holland - Sounds like a step child of the amazing "Bloody Mary", except it's not great.

* Fashion! - Boring. I prefer her first "Fashion" from Confessions of a Shopaholic.

I'm not sure how that flying dress is a dress. But Gaga and team are pretty crazy/creative.

So...bought the album and listened to it twice yesterday. Here's my opinion!

LOVE

* Applause - This grew on me with time and is one of my favorites of 2013.

* Do What U Want - One of her best singles, ever.

* Sexxx Dreams - My favorite Lady Gaga song, ever.

* Jewels N Drugs - makes me wanna twurq.

* MANiCURE - love it live and album version. YES!

* Venus - cute 80's pop.

* ARTPOP - relaxing.

* Swine - I wasn't a fan of the iTunes Festival version, but the album version is so much better.

* Gypsy - Prefer the piano version she performed in Germany, album version is decent.

* G.U.Y - Heard it for the first time yesterday, reminds me of something from the early 2000s.

* Dope - I really liked "I Wanna Be With You", but the album version isn't bad. She kind of sounds like a drunk Aunty singing at a holiday party.

DON'T CARE FOR

* Donatella - I don't even remember listening to this haha. It's forgettable.

* Aura - I never liked the demo or the iTunes Festival version or the verses, but this might grow on me because that chorus is cute.

* Mary Jane Holland - Sounds like a step child of the amazing "Bloody Mary", except it's not great.

* Fashion! - Boring. I prefer her first "Fashion" from Confessions of a Shopaholic.

oprah1.gif

• Upvote 1