The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

• 1 month later...

Madonna Re-Records An '80s Classic for Diplo

In news that's sure to make all of Madonna's past producers jealous, Diplo just revealed he got Madonna to re-record the vocals to one of her '80s classics in the midst of working on her upcoming album. Even cooler? She changed the lyrics to sing about him. Yes, Diplo is one of the luckiest people on the planet.

Madge sang new vocals for the "True Blue" single "La Isla Bonita," changing the lyrics to, "Last night I dreamt of Major Lazer" (which is one of Diplo's side projects). Diplo showed off the recording on an episode of the British series "Superstar DJs," which premieres tomorrow on BBC's Channel 4.

When he plays the track for host Annie Mac, she understandably loses it. Apparently being a "slave driver" while working on her new album is the best way to win her respect. 

Diplo isn't the only one manning the boards on Madge's latest. She also hit the studio with Avicii back in March, which means her brand of dance-pop might be taking an EDM turn on her upcoming record.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Madonna Aiming for 2015 Album Release, 'Having a Lot of Fun' With Diplo

By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | September 12, 2014 1:13 PM EDT

madonna-diplo-jeremy-scott-party-nyfw-20

Madonna's been hard at work on her upcoming new album -- as evidenced by her prolific posts on Instagram -- and is planning for it to be released in 2015, according to a representative.

Among those she's working with is super-producer Diplo, who has turned up in multiple photos on the diva's Instagram account. It's unclear if Diplo (who recently graced the cover of Billboard magazine) is materializing as the album's primary producer, but it would seem that he could play a significant role in the project.

When asked specifically about Diplo and his involvement in the album, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary told Billboard, "She's currently in the studio with Diplo and having a lot of fun," but didn't offer any further clues about the project. Alas.

In his Billboard magazine cover feature, Diplo said that he's had multiple studio sessions with Madonna that have resulted in at least three "amazing, smashes." "I got really lucky because she's been really understanding and open to my ideas. And she's like, 'I hate sleeping…'"

Madonna's next album is due out on Interscope Records, and -- based on a glance at her Instagram feed -- may also feature collaborations with Toby Gad, MoZella, S1, Ariel Rechtshaid, Avicii, Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum. On last week’s Pop Shop Podcast, Kierszenbaum — the head of Cherrytree Records who also records as Cherry Cherry Boom Boom — told Billboard that he was “very proud” of the work he completed with Madonna in the studio.

“It was a real privilege to write with Madonna, and with Natalia Kills,” said Kierszenbaum. “We ended up writing about seven songs. We were meant to only be there with her for a couple of days, but we really distilled it down to a very traditional writing session. It was just me on the piano, and Madonna and Natalia Kills around it, and we just wrote songs the old-fashioned way, just playing the piano and singing. … I don’t know what she’s gonna use from the sessions, but it was a tremendous honor.”

Madonna’s last release, 2012's MDNA, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart -- her fifth consecutive No. 1 studio album and her eighth chart-topper overall.

So i was at this party and my friend decided to play Like a Fossil, Discovered For The Very First Time... I quickly went to the Dj booth and pull the plug. 
That PHAG was trynna out me knowing damn well that i was going to grab my lace gloves and shit if the song was on rotation... 

As a heterossexual male, i can't let that happen. 

As for  MAgdalenne ha new album... the tiles are cringe worthy, it's like when she removes the gloves and you see all those veins... truly that tragic.

She better fucking change that ish <_<

• Upvote 3

So i was at this party and my friend decided to play Like a Fossil, Discovered For The Very First Time... I quickly went to the Dj booth and pull the plug.

That PHAG was trynna out me knowing damn well that i was going to grab my lace gloves and shit if the song was on rotation...

As a heterossexual male, i can't let that happen.

As for MAgdalenne ha new album... the tiles are cringe worthy, it's like when she removes the gloves and you see all those veins... truly that tragic.

She better fucking change that ish <_<

You are such an idiot :lmao: :lmao: :lmao::asham:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...