Rick Ross Loses His Endorsement Deal With Reebok

Escapade

Rick-Ross_Reebok_MissJia-500x324.jpg

Rick Ross has been under fire ever since his controversial date rape lyrics appeared on Rocko’s latest track, U.O.E.N.O (You Don’t Even Know It). Radio stations have pulled his records from rotation, Women’s Rights Groups have started protesting, and now Reebok has dropped the MMG boss from his endorsement deal.

SEE ALSO: Meek Mill Defends Rick Ross’ Date Rape Lyrics, ‘All These Weirdos Voicing Their Opinions’*

TMZ reports:

Ross has taken a ton of heat for his song, U.O.E.N.O … in which he happily sings, ‘Put Molly [Ecstasy] all in the champagne. She ain’t even know it. I took her home and I enjoy that. She ain’t even know it.’ Translation — date rape.

Reebok tells TMZ, ‘Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so. While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.’

Maybe now that he’s lost a major endorsement deal, we’ll get a real apology…. Post your thoughts!

*Paraphrased to fit title

Wow! Good for you Reebok

Then again.. You knew what he's all about

Exactly! I was thinking about that at first, like they knew he rapped about drugs and crime but they still wanted him to endorse them. A lot of rappers are angry, claiming that people rap about worse things.

Exactly! I was thinking about that at first, like they knew he rapped about drugs and crime but they still wanted him to endorse them. A lot of rappers are angry, claiming that people rap about worse things.

Because that looks so good for their side of the issue. :wacko:

Because that looks so good for their side of the issue. :wacko:

Exactly. They're arguing that like it makes them right. I like listening to rap, but will I ever purchase it and add money to their pockets? Hell no. I also think rappers underestimate the amount of influence they have over listeners.

ThatsGoodEnoughForMeLetsGo_zpscbb14a51.gif

Exactly. They're arguing that like it makes them right. I like listening to rap, but will I ever purchase it and add money to their pockets? Hell no. I also think rappers underestimate the amount of influence they have over listeners.

EVWhereTheLiesDawn_zps92af9810.gif

How else would he bring a girl home though isn't this common sense :unsure:

MariahOHIJUSTCANTWITHYOURIGHTNOW_zpsb67ed89c.gif

But I mean do they really? Rap is such a flop genre. Your average rapper only pushes 9,000 - 40,000 units

But I mean do they really? Rap is such a flop genre. Your average rapper only pushes 9,000 - 40,000 units

In high school rappers had an incredible influence on the students. All the teenage black boys in Chicago have dreads now because Chief Keef is their new God, it used to be Gucci Mane. Everyone there is popping Molly now because Trinidad James made it hot. It's really sad and it's getting worse.

• Upvote 1

In high school rappers had an incredible influence on the students. All the teenage black boys in Chicago have dreads now because Chief Keef is their new God, it used to be Gucci Mane. Everyone there is popping Molly now because Trinidad James made it hot. It's really sad and it's getting worse.

:umm:

Rick Ross Issues Apology Over Rape Lyrics

The day after loosing his endorsement from Reebok, rapper Rick Ross issued an official apology for his suggestive rape lyrics on Rocko's "U.O.E.N.O.," reports Billboard.

In the brief letter, Ross writes that he's an artist, father, son and a brother to many women in his life. "So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets," writes Ross. He admits that his lyric choices were "not only offensive" but don't reflect his "true heart."

He continues, "To every woman that has felt the sting of abuse, I apologize. I recognize that as an artist I have a voice and with that, the power of influence. To the young men who listen to my music, please know that using a substance to rob a woman of her right to make a choice is not only a crime, it's wrong and I do not encourage it."

Ross concluded his apology by hoping that many will take this opportunity to create a dialogue about rape.

Reebok issued their own statement clearing the air on why they decided to part ways with Ross. "Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand," read a statement from the shoe company. "At this time, it is in everyone's best interest for Reebok to end its partnership with Mr. Ross."

Was Ross' apology enough? - From Essence.com