'90s Survivor: 1990

TwistedElegance™

Well done, you guys. :lol:

It took some work but 'Vogue' has been eliminated.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Black Cat - Janet Jackson

Come Back To Me - Janet Jackson

Escapade - Janet Jackson

Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson

Vision Of Love - Mariah Carey

Escapade

DianaYAAAASSSYEHEHEHES-vi.gif It didn't go down without a fight lol, but I expected that. But don't yall Madge fans/stans feel like Im gonna gun for EVERY Madonna song, just most, I won't throw This Used To Be My Slayground under the bus.....see lol, oh wait thats 92....ehhh thats gonna be a hard year.

Ahh, now the real competition begins, because theres not a song on here I don't really love....so that answer will go below....when I'm ready tehehe, careful consideration is in order

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Black Cat - Janet Jackson

Come Back To Me - Janet Jackson

Escapade - Janet Jackson

Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson

Vision Of Love - Mariah Carey

Escapade

That had to be the most exciting round yet! :excited: Both sides put up a good fight but in the end, the ultimate feel-good song won. B) I actually do like "Vogue" though, I just so happen to prefer these songs. #6 is still a great result.

Anyway, if I said any other rounds were brutal... nah, this right here brutal. I'll get back to it later lol

That had to be the most exciting round yet! :excited: Both sides put up a good fight but in the end, the ultimate feel-good song won. B) I actually do like "Vogue" though, I just so happen to prefer these songs. #6 is still a great result.

Anyway, if I said any other rounds were brutal... nah, this right here brutal. I'll get back to it later *Bianca voice lol*

Exactly, I could've gunned for it a while ago, but I let it reach the top 10 before I came for it, because of the handfull of songs of hers I like it's pretty high, but just not worth fighting for against alot of the others listed.

I KNOW RIGHT THIS IS THE REALLL COMPETITION, no scape goat lol, I could disapear now because it's more important to me that the song/artists I don't want to win get the boot than which song wins but it's 90, can't just up & leave the competition lol.

Im currently listening to each song and then Ima vote for the song that I'm least likely to want to replay, I have no clue which 1 it'll be the suspence is killing me! BuT Im gonna do that over & over until I can find 1

3zMhVxg.jpg

Writer(s): Madonna, Shep Pettibone

Producer(s): Madonna, Shep Pettibone

Label: Sire

In a hotly contested round, Madonna touches down at No. 6 in our Top 10 with her dance floor anthem 'Vogue'. Originally written as a B-side to the forgettable 'Keep It Together', record executives at Sire felt the song would be wasted and pushed for a single release. They were right to do so, with the song topping the charts in over 30 countries and going on to be the world's best-selling single of 1990. Of the smash hit, Madonna recalls, "I wrote it when I was making Dick Tracy. After we shot the movie, Warren Beatty asked me if I could write a song that would fit my character's point of view, that she could have conjured up. She was obsessed with movie stars and things like that. The idea for the lyrics came through that request." It is widely regarded as one of Madonna's classics, thanks in part to its striking video, directed by cult filmmaker David Fincher.