Let's re-live this performance!

bu.

I do too, and I remember I got a FB wall post from my friend Steve (who is SO not a fan) and he said something like "You know how I feel about her, but I gotta hand it to her, that was pretty damn epic", I didn't say it but I had a natural "did you expect any thing less" feeling with that lol.

• Upvote 1

that damn dress was so futuristic and next level and then she had the nerve to have the edgy slick-back-hair-cut to compliment it AND then she slayed souls with that incredible vocal. Janet showed up and showed out and that Nasty routine was so funky, you would have thought she shitted on that stage. I was so overcome with joy that night, I felt like Miss Celie when she discovered Netties letters in The Color Purple.

• Upvote 2

I remember exactly where I was when this happened. Janet reduced that stage to rubble.

yeah the only thing I hated was her hair. Hated hated hated it!!! I knew it was gonna be short but I just wish she'd at least have it styled but not slicked back. I don't like women looking bald cause it looks manly and dykish to me lol. I loved how she came out with all that body tho! The tittys and the ass...Lord!

Simon Cowell was in awe

Yes he was. I remember a while back him saying she was over-rated and didn't understand why she was so popular. Well that night she showed his ass and made him think to himself "Maybe I was wrong about this bitch cause she just slayed me and everybody else". I know that standing ovation made me feel chills and the look on Ellen's face showed she was wow'd.

yeah the only thing I hated was her hair. Hated hated hated it!!! I knew it was gonna be short but I just wish she'd at least have it styled but not slicked back. I don't like women looking bald cause it looks manly and dykish to me lol. I loved how she came out with all that body tho! The tittys and the ass...Lord!

Yes he was. I remember a while back him saying she was over-rated and didn't understand why she was so popular. Well that night she showed his ass and made him think to himself "Maybe I was wrong about this bitch cause she just slayed me and everybody else". I know that standing ovation made me feel chills and the look on Ellen's face showed she was wow'd.

Wow he said that? Pot calling the kettle black I see. Simon can't spot talent anywhere. He was wrong on Jennifer Hudson and X factor has flopped 2 seasons in a row

What was so great about this performance is that Janet didn't have to dance so much and still COMMAND the stage. There aren't that many entertainers that can do that.

But it was that nod to the AI singers on "Nothing" that slayed me. She was saying, "I got this mortals..let me slay now." ed2305b7.png

• Upvote 3

She gave us DELIVERANCE on that night :clapping:

The hair sealed the deal for me...the whole attire was kinda Grace Joneseque. Fitted the vibe perfectly.

Ive never understood the hate for Nothing. I thought peeps loved it at the time, though the video is probably her worst ever - maybe thats why people hate it? Better than any ballad on Discipline at least :umm:

• Upvote 1