SONG OF THE WEEK

Shawn1814

No. I only like the melody and beat of this song and the bridge with the hi yigh yigh. I don't like her singing in that high pitch the whole song

Janet is 2nd soprano .. she sings high cause that's her natural voice :umm: she wouldn't even sound right singing that song in a different key.

OMG I thought I was the only 1 who noticed for MANY Janet songs the production is matched with her voice and sometimes over it, and it takes certain remixes or the acapella versions to hear the full vocals (BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST examples are MYM, RN, to a lessor extent LWND, and the best example THE SKIN GAME, my least fave thing about that song is how messy and all over the place the instrumentlas are, but the acapella version shows she was SANNNNNGIN)

But yes its refreshing to have songs like this where her vocals take the wheel and the instrumental's in the back instead of having to share or vise versa.

• Upvote 1

I feel bad for Clap your hands because when both of these songs leaked I listened to Clap 1st and fell in love with it, and then.......What Can I say made & continues to make me forget about Clap Your Hands

LMFAO same here... I think CYH was overhyped simply bc it's the song that Janet mentioned and it leaked compared to WCIS which Jan never mentioned before and it leaking

But WCIS is far more superior than CYH

• Upvote 1

I feel bad for Clap your hands because when both of these songs leaked I listened to Clap 1st and fell in love with it, and then.......What Can I say made & continues to make me forget about Clap Your Hands

It's the complete opposite for me, I still don't care for What Can I Say.

Ruff's snippet alone tho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's the complete opposite for me, I still don't know wth ppl like so much What Can I Say.

Ruff's snippet alone tho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The vocals, CYH have nice vocals, it's infectious, but Ruff is 1 of her best vocal showcases period, including the harmony's. Thus why we make the fuss (I love the beat too, but the vocals take the cake)

I disagree, I was expecting more for Ruff, and the snippet wasn't quite it, I liked it but it didn't stick, it wasn't worth all the waiting like The Beat Of Black Wings.

yes

go to bed

Very much so yes, with how little she uses the body of her full upper range it's nice to have a song all about em. :hmph:

Nah lol

Janet is 2nd soprano .. she sings high cause that's her natural voice :umm: she wouldn't even sound right singing that song in a different key.

Yes she would. Her background vocals sound just fine. She probably could've sang that song with the same vocals she sang "Put Your Hands On" or even "All For You" hell even "Feels So Right" which in FSR her vocals are crisp and clear and you can definitely hear her over the music. I also think this is her natural voice in the song. Couldn't find the album song cause they snatched it off youtube but here's people doing the line dance to the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT2PxYEaIuc

um...yeah :yep:

not really