Quick Question: JJ & TL had stopped working with Prince by the time of the bad album right?

J.

I don't believe they ever worked together again... Especially after they started working with Janet. I think Prince felt they gave her his sound. lol

I'm not a Prince stan, so I don't know for sure. -_- lol

This dummy girl is saying MJ wanted to work with JJ and TL because of their work with Prince and The time and not Janet by arguing that. Michael wanted to work with Prince on the bad album

This dummy girl is saying MJ wanted to work with JJ and TL because of their work with Prince and The time and not Janet by arguing that. Michael wanted to work with Prince on the bad album

:mellow:

MJ wanted to work with JJ and TL because of their work with Janet (please remind her of just how much MJ STANNED for "Rhythm Nation"), and their work with others. Obviously, they are most known for their work with Janet, but they have an impressive list of artists that they worked with before ever collaborating with MJ.

:mellow:

MJ wanted to work with JJ and TL because of their work with Janet (please remind her of just how much MJ STANNED for "Rhythm Nation"), and their work with others. Obviously, they are most known for their work with Janet, but they have an impressive list of artists that they worked with before ever collaborating with MJ.

His thirsty ass

Actually, MJ was a Prince STAN! he did want to work with Prince on the bad album and from what's been reported, the title track was suppose to be a duet between the two of them. But Prince wasn't down. The song kinda of became a diss track since a lot of people at the time thought the lyrics were directed at Prince. Prince didn't really use Jimmy and Terry after he fired them, however they were apart of the Grafitti bridge project because they were official members of The Time. Jimmy and Terry were already hot in the early 80s due to their work with the time. But After Control hit they were THE producers folks wanted to work with. I think Mike started jockin them around the RN project. RN had MJ shook because Janet was THAT bitch and he wasn't ready for how good that album was. But he didn't work with them officially until the History album.

and to this day Prince remains pressed that two people he fired went on to have huge success, not just with Janet but many more

He's very pressed about it. I stan for prince but he has a big ego and I'm sure it was bigger back in the day. He felt like the king of the Miniappolis sound and wanted to control every artist that came out of it. But Jimmy and Terry were talented in their own right and they didn't need his napoleon complex having ass.

His thirsty ass

I hate to agree with you game but you're right. The thirst was real.

MJ had parted ways with Quincy and needed help crafting a new sound. From whats been reported the Dangerous album was done in late 1990! Mike had produced much of it by himself and he was slowly letting industry insiders hear it. The reaction was.......the album needed work. Heavy D heard it and he was the one who told MJ to go get Teddy Riley, however before that he was trying to get Jimmy and Terry. Secretly I think Janet shut that down. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

He tired to bury Janet but Jimmy & Terry said the same thing you did to me :coffee:

:sigh:

RN influenced MJ and he stanned for it. He simply wanted to work with them.

After all, it was them and Teddy Riley who were credited with making "New Jack Swing" so big at the time. Mike wanted to be apart of that... now STOP! :rolleyes: lol

:sigh:

RN influenced MJ and he stanned for it. He simply wanted to work with them.

After all, it was them and Teddy Riley who were credited with making "New Jack Swing" so big at the time. Mike wanted to be apart of that... now STOP! :rolleyes: lol

Right.. Trying to steal Janet's shine... He wasn't slick... Jimmy/Terry knew what he was up to.

Oh yeah I forgot The Time was also on Graffiti Bridge lol

It should also be noted that JJ & TL found more commercial and critical success with Janet than anyone else they've worked with. ^_^

Umm, Andy ..Janet is NOT the biggest act they've produced. I love Janet but she wishes her impact on world was as massive as Cherelle's

• Upvote 1

Bigger impact than who? Donnell Jones?

right! She argued that being number one male in r&b is better than being the second most successful overall.

ask her if her ass even bought R.Kelly's new album he just released and then ask her how's it doing on the charts

she bought it and according to her it's booking (its doing well relative to other r&b acts)