No BET Awards Official Thread?

She's clearly learned too much from Janet LOL, except if Missy was my #1 I'd legit be more pissed, her stans been waiting  9 damn years for a studio album....9 ugh

But at least she's put out features and songs in those 9 years. What has Janet done for us lately?

But at least she's put out features and songs in those 9 years. What has Janet done for us lately?

THAT IS SO MUTHA FUCKIN TRUE (love that lil Mix feature) like really she's done at least 1 video every year since her last album so we still get to see her some how lol.

Joe you're sounding too much like a Bey stan excusing copying for the sake of selling. She may be bigger than who she copied (right now) but she's defintely not better than any of them. SO I'll ask you what I asked Game, does sales make an artist style influential or not?

LOFL yea you posted stats, nobody's talking about her stats, we're talking her copying. You and all the other Nicki stans have YET to say anything about her that opened the door to others, And not her stats. Tell me what is there about Nicki Minaj that someone in 15 years can aim to copy that comes directly from her 1st and nobody else. I stay dismissing her success because it's got nothing to do with what I'm discussing, HOWever, you stay dismissing her thieving. 

Um Joe, you have yet to point out who Iggy is a direct copy of. And yea I think she's better than Nicki without necissarily even being a fan of hers, I just don't think it's that hard for a female MC to be better than Nicki, that opinion's not changing, and no amount of success Nicki has will. She could do Thriller numbers and I still will look down at her for being a complete ripoff with whack music, the ripoff is a fact and the whack music is my opinion. And Dayz post was the wrong post to latch on to, that was more about how he's pressed over my feelings about Justin and clinging to the oposing side of this argument for a pathetic attempt at a failed jab, Agreeing with him is also agreeing that based on their stats and nothing else JT's better than Robin, and Bey is better than Xtina, are you saying that you honestly agree with that :coffee:

I can't with the assumption I'm a Iggy fan, lets be clear, I just think Nicki is shit, This same argument and replace Iggy's name with Eve, Rah, Charlie, Remy (who I'm also not a fan of) Fergie, or most female rappers, I'll naturally take their side over Nicki, It's not that much about Iggy. But she's whot the topics about.  :lmao:

Kanye said Nicki is the second best rapper of all time. Not female rapper -- second best rapper period. When you have legends and current artist giving her props who actually know about the rap game you just start to look like a hater.  You don't have to like her but you aren't going to sit her and act like Nicki is some bubble gum artist without talent.

What groundbreaking shit did Robin or Christina do?!  :crazy:

Kanye said Nicki is the second best rapper of all time. Not female rapper -- second best rapper period. When you have legends and current artist giving her props who actually know about the rap game you just start to look like a hater.  You don't have to like her but you aren't going to sit her and act like Nicki is some bubble gum artist without talent.

What groundbreaking shit did Robin or Christina do?!  :crazy:

:lmao: Kanye also said he & Kim are more influential than The President & The 1st Lady, thus he's said alot of stupid thing's, his opinion is a joke, and very much not based on a fact but more so their friendship. And you're still avoiding the question of what door she opened that nobody else has, or what is there about her that she brings to the table worth copying? 

Yea cause they have so much to do with the conversation? I'll answer that when you quote me saying either of them did :fail:  :lmao:

Joe you're sounding too much like a Bey stan excusing copying for the sake of selling. She may be bigger than who she copied (right now) but she's defintely not better than any of them. SO I'll ask you what I asked Game, does sales make an artist style influential or not?

LOFL yea you posted stats, nobody's talking about her stats, we're talking her copying. You and all the other Nicki stans have YET to say anything about her that opened the door to others, And not her stats. Tell me what is there about Nicki Minaj that someone in 15 years can aim to copy that comes directly from her 1st and nobody else. I stay dismissing her success because it's got nothing to do with what I'm discussing, HOWever, you stay dismissing her thieving. 

Um Joe, you have yet to point out who Iggy is a direct copy of. And yea I think she's better than Nicki without necissarily even being a fan of hers, I just don't think it's that hard for a female MC to be better than Nicki, that opinion's not changing, and no amount of success Nicki has will. She could do Thriller numbers and I still will look down at her for being a complete ripoff with whack music, the ripoff is a fact and the whack music is my opinion. And Dayz post was the wrong post to latch on to, that was more about how he's pressed over my feelings about Justin and clinging to the oposing side of this argument for a pathetic attempt at a failed jab, Agreeing with him is also agreeing that based on their stats and nothing else JT's better than Robin, and Bey is better than Xtina, are you saying that you honestly agree with that :coffee:

I can't with the assumption I'm a Iggy fan, lets be clear, I just think Nicki is shit, This same argument and replace Iggy's name with Eve, Rah, Charlie, Remy (who I'm also not a fan of) Fergie, or most female rappers, I'll naturally take their side over Nicki, It's not that much about Iggy. But she's whot the topics about.  :lmao:

Who said Nicki was better than them? Where did I say that at or are you pretending you didn't see me say Lil Kim is the Queen but Nicki is the most successful internationally? :umm: Basically you just labeled yourself as a Nicki hater so there's really no point in debating after this right? Stay pretending that Nicki hasn't stopped dressing crazy and keep living in the era where she did. Dayz post wasn't wrong. I already said what it was in his post that I agreed on so yeah. I definitely didn't agree with him doin' the most with Legendtina but I chose not to go there. Did you really just name Fergie as a rapper? :mellow: We were initially talking about success and that's when you brought up style and copying as a reason. Nicki never rapped like Lil Kim or Left-Eye lol. If so i'd like to hear it. With all her stats you along with the other haters were trying to say Nicki is irrelevant which we all know ain't true. You're ignoring the fact that Iggy finally got a hit after 3 failed singles. Congrats Iggy cause I just downloaded the song last night. Its good.

Who said Nicki was better than them? Where did I say that at or are you pretending you didn't see me say Lil Kim is the Queen but Nicki is the most successful internationally? :umm: Basically you just labeled yourself as a Nicki hater so there's really no point in debating after this right? Stay pretending that Nicki hasn't stopped dressing crazy and keep living in the era where she did. Dayz post wasn't wrong. I already said what it was in his post that I agreed on so yeah. I definitely didn't agree with him doin' the most with Legendtina but I chose not to go there. Did you really just name Fergie as a rapper? :mellow: We were initially talking about success and that's when you brought up style and copying as a reason. Nicki never rapped like Lil Kim or Left-Eye lol. If so i'd like to hear it. With all her stats you along with the other haters were trying to say Nicki is irrelevant which we all know ain't true. You're ignoring the fact that Iggy finally got a hit after 3 failed singles. Congrats Iggy cause I just downloaded the song last night. Its good.

They keep going back to Nicki copying whoever style they say she did, either way she's still bigger and better.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  Yea I totally imagined you saying that... >_<. And basically you're still not answering the most important question, I asked. NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY SHE NEVER RAPPED LIKE LIL KIM OR LEFT EYE :lmao:, so now you really sound like a stan in denial , did you miss earlier when a video chopped her ass for literally copy & pasting Lil Kim lyrics? And to not hear Lisa is to deny Nicke ever raised her pitch. LOFL I wasn't ignoring that about Iggy, that just has nothing to do with right now, right now she's on top on terms of singles, I mean what has Nicki's singles done this year?

Do your homework Joe, she JACKED Kim, Kims been saying that for years, and it's been proven.

DAYZ, you were totally giving me HERE4MARY teas....and that scares me! *logs off*

OMG I remember HERE4MARY! That bitch was batshit crazy!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  Yea I totally imagined you saying that... >_<. And basically you're still not answering the most important question, I asked. NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY SHE NEVER RAPPED LIKE LIL KIM OR LEFT EYE :lmao:, so now you really sound like a stan in denial , did you miss earlier when a video chopped her ass for literally copy & pasting Lil Kim lyrics? And to not hear Lisa is to deny Nicke ever raised her pitch. LOFL I wasn't ignoring that about Iggy, that just has nothing to do with right now, right now she's on top on terms of singles, I mean what has Nicki's singles done this year?

Do your homework Joe, she JACKED Kim, Kims been saying that for years, and it's been proven.

Nicki is always stealing lyrics and you're deaf and blind if you don't think she jacked Kim's style. Roc is right as well. She definitely came out trying to be Gaga as well. Her impact knows no boundaries. Nicki used to spit rhymes with leggings and a corset. All of a sudden Gaga came on the scene and she wanted to be edgy and ended up looking like a failure. Gaga's meat dress will be iconic. Can't say the same for Nicki's costumes. Let's face it, what Nicki is doing now, Kim did it years ago. Wearing Chanel dresses while rapping like one of the boys, using her girly voice and switching up to her hard core voice, Kim been there done that. Nicki fans act like she's this new innovative artist that created female rap when all she does is bite off of the artists who came before her. 

• Upvote 2

OMG I remember HERE4MARY! That bitch was batshit crazy!

Nicki is always stealing lyrics and you're deaf and blind if you don't think she jacked Kim's style. Roc is right as well. She definitely came out trying to be Gaga as well. Her impact knows no boundaries. Nicki used to spit rhymes with leggings and a corset. All of a sudden Gaga came on the scene and she wanted to be edgy and ended up looking like a failure. Gaga's meat dress will be iconic. Can't say the same for Nicki's costumes. Let's face it, what Nicki is doing now, Kim did it years ago. Wearing Chanel dresses while rapping like one of the boys, using her girly voice and switching up to her hard core voice, Kim been there done that. Nicki fans act like she's this new innovative artist that created female rap when all she does is bite off of the artists who came before her. 

Now that's Poetic Truth.

:lmao: Kanye also said he & Kim are more influential than The President & The 1st Lady, thus he's said alot of stupid thing's, his opinion is a joke, and very much not based on a fact but more so their friendship. And you're still avoiding the question of what door she opened that nobody else has, or what is there about her that she brings to the table worth copying? 

Yea cause they have so much to do with the conversation? I'll answer that when you quote me saying either of them did :fail:  :lmao:

You are ignoring Rah Digga's comments and a host of other rappers who have gave props to Nicki but of course you would.  

but I've already named a door she opened that nobody else had opened. The first female to create a buzz for herself through mix tapes to get a major record deal. That model has successful been used for other females such as Azaelia Banks and Iggy Azaelia.. as well as males such as Drake, J. Cole, The Weeknd, to name a few and the list continues. But I'm sleep.  :bored:

You are ignoring Rah Digga's comments and a host of other rappers who have gave props to Nicki but of course you would.  

but I've already named a door she opened that nobody else had opened. The first female to create a buzz for herself through mix tapes to get a major record deal. That model has successful been used for other females such as Azaelia Banks and Iggy Azaelia.. as well as males such as Drake, J. Cole, The Weeknd, to name a few and the list continues. But I'm sleep.  :bored:

Ignoring that like you keep ignoring the question I asked and is instead posting pointless stats, because they have nothing to do with my argument. I don't care that people like or lover her identity stealing ass, that's not gonna make me say "I guess she's amazing", no she still sucks to me and has nothing about her that's opening the door to anyone. 

:lmao:  You attempted to and got shut down each time, then you just started naming her stats like it means something to her image and artistry, and they don't. I already chopped the fact that she wasn't the 1st, I can see you're sleep, it explains alot. :coffee:

I don't think being a female has anything to do with that. Mixtapes are the climate of hip hop right now, and kind of music in general. If you want your music heard then you're going to have to create a mixtape, regardless of your gender. Nicki didn't open the mixtape door, she walked thru it. I remember the first time I ever heard her was on a Lil Wayne mixtape. They were very popular before her and will remain popular after she fades.

• Upvote 1

LMAOOOOOO. So Kim says Mistress.. I guess Beyonce is stealing form Kim when she says Mistress too. Lil Kim says Barbie so I guess Gwen Stefani is stealing from her when she says Barbie. And sayings such as Fuck You, Pay Me -- that's from Goodfellas -- a movie, like Scarface that is highly referenced in hip-hop culture but of course how could you know when you staining for Christina Aguilera. Chile good eve. 

The only reputable "steal" in this was the freaky girl remix and that was when Nicki actually remixed a song that Kim was on.

Where's Kim in this? Where's Left Eye?  "Oh Nicki said Bitch.. Kim said Bitch before. She stealing!"  Nahhhh, you girls are reaching. She's talented rather you like her or not. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1tO7yQ0dE

I don't think being a female has anything to do with that. Mixtapes are the climate of hip hop right now, and kind of music in general. If you want your music heard then you're going to have to create a mixtape, regardless of your gender. Nicki didn't open the mixtape door, she walked thru it. I remember the first time I ever heard her was on a Lil Wayne mixtape. They were very popular before her and will remain popular after she fades.

Okay, Mr. Me too. 

First, mixtapes have always been the climate of hip hop since the very beginning.

Second, You don't have to create a mixtape.

Third, what I specifically said and be sure to read this carefully because you all's reading comprehension is a little lacking, is that NICKI was the FIRST female (and maybe the first artist, period) artist to SUCCESSFULLY use the MIXTAPE ROUTE to GET A DEAL.   Furthermore SINCE NICKI SIGNED TO YOUNG MONEY -- NOW THE HIP HOP GAME HAS CHANGED WHERE YOU SEE MORE AND MORE RAPPERS USING THIS ROUTE more than ANY OTHER and I listed examples.

Never did I say she invented the mixtape nor that the mixtape was unpopular.  Just that before Nicki, people were not getting signed off of their MIXTAPE GAME ALONE.

SINCE NICKI -- DRAKE, J. Cole, THE WEEKND, etc. etc. all major names have FOLLOWED THE ROUTE.

Finally, just because your late ass, first heard her on a Lil Wayne mixtape means absolutely nothing. As a huge Wayne fan, I don't think I recall hearing her on a Wayne mixtape before Dedication 3 and that was after her three highly acclaimed mix tapes and winning the award for best underground female MC and signing to Young Money.

LMAOOOOOO. So Kim says Mistress.. I guess Beyonce is stealing form Kim when she says Mistress too. Lil Kim says Barbie so I guess Gwen Stefani is stealing from her when she says Barbie. And sayings such as Fuck You, Pay Me -- that's from Goodfellas -- a movie, like Scarface that is highly referenced in hip-hop culture but of course how could you know when you staining for Christina Aguilera. Chile good eve.

The only reputable "steal" in this was the freaky girl remix and that was when Nicki actually remixed a song that Kim was on.

Where's Kim in this? Where's Left Eye? "Oh Nicki said Bitch.. Kim said Bitch before. She stealing!" Nahhhh, you girls are reaching. She's talented rather you like her or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1tO7yQ0dE

WOW denial is not pretty on you sir. It's more about her stealing practically whole lines opposed to 1 word. Kim called herself the mistress and black Barbie first so you fail again since the point is Nicking heavily credits herself as both. And what other women said that line besides Kim? Lol here you go attempting to change the subject. Don't know what Christina has to do with Nicki stealing LOL!

Kim & Lisa are in her style & voice, they're always there. Hey it takes talent to disguise not having talent by directly copying others.

Okay, Mr. Me too. 

First, mixtapes have always been the climate of hip hop since the very beginning.

Third, what I specifically said and be sure to read this carefully because you all's reading comprehension is a little lacking, is that NICKI was the FIRST female (and maybe the first artist, period) artist to SUCCESSFULLY use the MIXTAPE ROUTE to GET A DEAL.   Furthermore SINCE NICKI SIGNED TO YOUNG MONEY -- NOW THE HIP HOP GAME HAS CHANGED WHERE YOU SEE MORE AND MORE RAPPERS USING THIS ROUTE more than ANY OTHER and I listed examples.

Never did I say she invented the mixtape nor that the mixtape was unpopular.  Just that before Nicki, people were not getting signed off of their MIXTAPE GAME ALONE.

SINCE NICKI -- DRAKE, J. Cole, THE WEEKND, etc. etc. all major names have FOLLOWED THE ROUTE.

Finally, just because your late ass, first heard her on a Lil Wayne mixtape means absolutely nothing. As a huge Wayne fan, I don't think I recall hearing her on a Wayne mixtape before Dedication 3 and that was after her three highly acclaimed mix tapes and winning the award for best underground female MC and signing to Young Money.

Okay and where is that impact? Getting a deal is by luck. No one can pioneer that. It was in no way shape or form innovative but that was a nice try. I understand you want Nicki to be a legend but it's not happening. Rappers have been using that route before Nicki and after Nicki. Her being a female has nothing to do with the success of artists using mix tapes to get signed and it's a very poor argument that you're using to be quite honest. She has in no way, shape or form changed the music industry but I guess I can't expect you delusional barbs to understand that.

And LOL at you calling me late. I knew Nicki wayyyy before she blew up. I was a huge Wayne fan too and Nicki was definitely on Da Drought 3, which was released before the Dedication 3 and before her "three highly acclaimed mix tapes" but I'm the late one... okay. You tried and failed. 

tumblr_n85lfqjocv1ry8fjlo1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

Okay, Mr. Me too. 

So we're just going to pretend Soulja Boy, Tyga, etc don't exist? I can't with you delusional barbz!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Okay and where is that impact? Getting a deal is by luck. No one can pioneer that. It was in no way shape or form innovative but that was a nice try. I understand you want Nicki to be a legend but it's not happening. Rappers have been using that route before Nicki and after Nicki. Her being a female has nothing to do with the success of artists using mix tapes to get signed and it's a very poor argument that you're using to be quite honest. She has in no way, shape or form changed the music industry but I guess I can't expect you delusional barbs to understand that.

And LOL at you calling me late. I knew Nicki wayyyy before she blew up. I was a huge Wayne fan too and Nicki was definitely on Da Drought 3, which was released before the Dedication 3 and before her "three highly acclaimed mix tapes" but I'm the late one... okay. You tried and failed. 

tumblr_n85lfqjocv1ry8fjlo1_500.gif

I stand corrected. You're not as late as I thought you were.  :coffee:  Name someone who used that route to get signed before Nicki. 

So we're just going to pretend Soulja Boy, Tyga, etc don't exist? I can't with you delusional barbz!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

My point was that she was the first female to do it. Tyga and Soulja Boy females? Nah. She may be the first artist but I don't know because I don't know every artist's upbringing. I do know that the artist I named followed Nicki's trajectory. 

Furthermore,  Soulja Boy had a hit single before he was signed. Tyga was signed to his cousin's Travie label before he released mix tapes and a full album before he signed with Young Money. 

My point was that she was the first female to do it. Tyga and Soulja Boy females? Nah. She may be the first artist but I don't know because I don't know every artist's upbringing. I do know that the artist I named followed Nicki's trajectory. 

Furthermore,  Soulja Boy had a hit single before he was signed. Tyga was signed to his cousin's Travie label before he released mix tapes and a full album before he signed with Young Money. 

Did you not say:

Okay, Mr. Me too. 

I see your reading comprehension is a little lacking. 

tumblr_n3ivwlOBnx1ttuk3wo5_250.gif