No BET Awards Official Thread?

That's cool, I respect Iggy more than Nicki, like at least she didn't jack someones entire image & style & come out the gate disrespecting chicks who paved the way for her and who are better than her. So basically we'll have to agree to disagree.

I personally feel like Nicki might rub people the wrong way so they go ahead and give Lil Kim more credit than they should.

I do think Lil Kim is great and talented, I'll never take away from what she's achieved. I think she did great during her run...but after she got locked up, it was time out for her and most female rappers.

Maybe it's because I ride hard for Missy Elliott...

Now now, I know that young nick the atomic bomb got all y'all's pussies in a tangle but let me get a couple of things straight.

Exactly, I don't clown her bullshit joke "I opened doors" because I don't like her, I clown it because it's just not fuckin true, there is nothing about her that hasn't been done by another female before (and better). Missy, Left Eye, DaBratt, Lil Kim, Lauryn Hill, Queen Latifah, Salt N Pepa, & Eve are actually opened doors.

Nicki was the first female rapper (that I'm aware of) to come up through mix tapes -- not being put together by a company, not fucking for tracks, etc. etc. but aiming to go toe to toe with the Dwayne Carters and the likes.

Nicki was the first mainstream female rapper to specifically target the pop audience.  There have been crossover hits, of course, and cross over artist but in terms of wanting to feature pop singles and cross-mix the two; the first mainstream artist to do so.

Nicki also had like 8 singles on the charts at one time, unheard of for a female artist.

Nicki also might have been the first mainstream rapper to cross with the EDM and now we see everyone doing it. 

You can dislike the kid, but you will not take away from her success.  Sure, she's not the first female to rap but neither was any of the aforementioned people that you named.  So let's not. 

Honestly the only reason she's had the success she's had on the scale it's been is because she sold out and made pop music while dressing like Lady Gaga.

She should be thanking Gaga for the doors she opened honestly :coffee: I love Nicki but she didn't get to where she is like other hip hop artists did.

How has Nicki Minaj sold out?  Because she's Black and likes pop music?  The audacity of her.  Even when Nicki was that hard talking hood-esque girl on the come up DVD when asked, what she dreamed her first album of being -- she said I want it to have rap songs and pop songs and something for everybody. Looks like she stayed true to herself and didn't let people box her in to what she should be making.

Gaga didn't do anything for Nicki. If anything Gaga should be thanking Akon and the host of other African-American creatives that she used to create her image and market herself. 

:lmao:  :lmao:  So we're mad because Nicki sounded a fool by dissing Iggy(who's slaying the charts right now)..

Nicki just wants to be the only female rapper out..instead of congratulating Iggy and trying to unify the already dying female rap genre, she shaded her..

She's not humble and she's already fading in terms in relevance.

Nicki is still the most relevant female rapper in today's rap game, period. Why does she have to be humble?  Jay-Z's not humble.  Kanye's not humble. Lil Wayne's not humble. 

Nah that 1's more of how Nicki stole her image so to say, and full of Nicki's contradictory, at 1 time she said she wants to fill Lil Kims shoes and Kim 's basically her icon, then she said there's no female she wants to be like, shit like that

Part 2 is about how Nicki stole her sound and themes and music in general

There's nothing new under the sun.  Everything being done has already been done.  Nicki has always said that she had love and respect for all the female artist, listened to Kim and was inspired by her, etc. so what is there to expect.  Most of the things posted are not unique things that Kim came up with and are rather common motifs in rap and hip-hop.

Nicki is disgusting. She really believes she's the Jesus Christ of hip hop. Did you see what she said about Kendrick after his "Control" record?

Like no bitch, he didn't mention you because no one in hip hop takes you serious. You sold out to make songs like "Starships". Kendrick would murder her in a rap battle and it's not even funny. 

This was her point.  She said that she should be taken seriously because she's had successful album(s) and mixtapes and platinum selling songs.  And I don't care what you say, Nicki's Monster verse is way hotter than that Control verse.  >_<

• Upvote 1

Nicki was the first female rapper (that I'm aware of) to come up through mix tapes -- not being put together by a company, not fucking for tracks, etc. etc. but aiming to go toe to toe with the Dwayne Carters and the likes.

Nicki was the first mainstream female rapper to specifically target the pop audience.  There have been crossover hits, of course, and cross over artist but in terms of wanting to feature pop singles and cross-mix the two; the first mainstream artist to do so.

Nicki also had like 8 singles on the charts at one time, unheard of for a female artist.

Nicki also might have been the first mainstream rapper to cross with the EDM and now we see everyone doing it. 

You can dislike the kid, but you will not take away from her success.  Sure, she's not the first female to rap but neither was any of the aforementioned people that you named.  So let's not. 

There's nothing new under the sun.  Everything being done has already been done.  Nicki has always said that she had love and respect for all the female artist, listened to Kim and was inspired by her, etc. so what is there to expect.  Most of the things posted are not unique things that Kim came up with and are rather common motifs in rap and hip-hop.

That was Remy Ma.

That sounds more like Missy & Lisa

That's irrelevant to the topic at hand

LOL I won't take away from her success, she is successful, very (righ now) but that doesn't automatically make her a innovative door opener. Those names were more about originality and all of whome are more original and actual door openers in terms of their styles and images and music.

Yea I hear that all the time when I come for artists who based their careers off others, everyone copies to some extent but theres copying and basing your whole image and style off multiple people and having next to nothing unique or original about you worth copying. What do I expect? For a artist to show their inspirations by mixing that with their own thing, and mostly do their own thing. There was nobody like Kim before her and the same can be said about LeftEye or Missy

Gags should be thanking who now? Apart from Grace Jones, Madonna, Bowie and Bjork.

Nicki copied the Gaga blueprint plain as day. And she looked like a fool doing it too.

#ROCREADS #SEQUEL!

Now now, I know that young nick the atomic bomb got all y'all's pussies in a tangle but let me get a couple of things straight.

How has Nicki Minaj sold out?  Because she's Black and likes pop music?  The audacity of her.  Even when Nicki was that hard talking hood-esque girl on the come up DVD when asked, what she dreamed her first album of being -- she said I want it to have rap songs and pop songs and something for everybody. Looks like she stayed true to herself and didn't let people box her in to what she should be making.

Gaga didn't do anything for Nicki. If anything Gaga should be thanking Akon and the host of other African-American creatives that she used to create her image and market herself. 

Nicki is still the most relevant female rapper in today's rap game, period. Why does she have to be humble?  Jay-Z's not humble.  Kanye's not humble. Lil Wayne's not humble. 

This was her point.  She said that she should be taken seriously because she's had successful album(s) and mixtapes and platinum selling songs.  And I don't care what you say, Nicki's Monster verse is way hotter than that Control verse.  >_<

giphy.gif

points.

• Upvote 1

Where she at now? Where's her #1 album? Oh.. 160k album.. Mariah has her work cut out for her

LMAO at Left Eye...How'd her solo career end up... Oh..

giphy.gif

Does that make Remy not the 1st female rapper to come from mixtapes because her 1 album didn't sell that much?

And so because her 1 solo album got shelved all the sudden she's NOT influential? 

WhitneyYOUFAIL-vi.gif

Does that make Remy not the 1st female rapper to come from mixtapes because her 1 album didn't sell that much?

And so because her 1 solo album got shelved all the sudden she's NOT influential?

WhitneyYOUFAIL-vi.gif

If a tree falls in a forest.. And nobody's there... Does it make a sound?

Nah.. TLC is influential.. Left Eye cannot stand alone (maintain a solo career). Btw.. She has two albums and one post-death album.. One was shelved...

• Upvote 1

If a tree falls in a forest.. And nobody's there... Does it make a sound?

Nah.. TLC is influential.. Left Eye cannot stand alone (maintain a solo career). Btw.. She has two albums and one post-death album.. One was shelved...

I'll answer that when you answer my question

Ah so when people cite her individually as a influence they're really citing all 3, when people say she's 1 of the most versatile skilled female rappers of all time, that's all 3? When Lisa's verse in Ladies night constantly gets praised and called the best part of the song that's all TLC? So when Nicki copy's Lisa's style of going in & out of funny voices and different pitches and speed....she's copying all 3 members of TLC? 

:lmao:  :lmao:  So we're mad because Nicki sounded a fool by dissing Iggy(who's slaying the charts right now)..

Nicki just wants to be the only female rapper out..instead of congratulating Iggy and trying to unify the already dying female rap genre, she shaded her..

She's not humble and she's already fading in terms in relevance.

Y'all lame as hell trying to bring down Nicki for a damn Iggy :lol: I ain't even a Nicki fan but to try to diss her for Iggy just cause she got 2 songs out right now that y'all like. As I said before, her album been out almost 4 months and is nowhere near gold. Downing Nicki for Azalea is an absolute fail by anybody who tries. Y'all act like Iggy gon be here longer and be more popular than Nicki. It ain't gon happen no time soon lol

Kim is 1 of her blueprints. Point is it's stupid of her to start shit with the 3 of them when all 3 of them had a hand in boosting her name.

Yea no, if Iggy came 1st she would've more than likely done great (and it would've gotten blamed for her being white).

No...just no with the "if Iggy came first". If she ain't doing great now then she wouldn't of done great earlier.

And Nicki's not? Despite building a career off looking like & sounding like Kim, Missy & Left Eye & dressing like Gaga....

Nicki don't sound like nan one of the girls you mentioned lol. Just stop...they all sound different from each other :lol:

Well it's no where near as interesting as Kim/Foxy or Kim/Nicki(until that really got stale)..

Iggy hasn't shaded Nicki...and said she likes her..

Iggy knows better than to shade Nicki. She don't want it with Nicki.

Because Nikki writes her own music :umm:

Nikki talks about her favorite rapper:

NYC female rappers, Lauryn Hill, Foxy Brown, Left Eye, Missy, Queen Latifah, so forth and so on

clocked!!!

Boy!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_mregxrIcKu1qz4rgp_zps22264

• Upvote 1

To be "not a fan of Nicki" you sure do stan for her bullshit like 1.

No...just no with the "if Iggy came first". If she ain't doing great now then she wouldn't of done great earlier.

Nicki don't sound like nan one of the girls you mentioned lol. Just stop...they all sound different from each other :lol:

She's doing better than Nicki is right now, what's the last hit Nicki been on or released, hell Iggy nabbed her a hot 100 #1, has Nicki ever? No? Even a Feat...no...oh.  >_<

WHAT? :lmao: Yea no, that fact wont be silenced she copies each o their vocal styles, she's the 1 that should just stop :lmao:

Also Iggy's album hasn't even been out "almost" 3 months yet (just passed on the 21st), let alone 4

To be "not a fan of Nicki" you sure do stan for her bullshit like 1.

She's doing better than Nicki is right now, what's the last hit Nicki been on or released, hell Iggy nabbed her a hot 100 #1, has Nicki ever? No? Even a Feat...no...oh.  >_<

WHAT? :lmao: Yea no, that fact wont be silenced she copies each o their vocal styles, she's the 1 that should just stop :lmao:

I'm not but I sure will stan for her over a fuckin' Iggy :lmao: Y'all act like the bitch is the coming of Jesus. That's all Iggy has over Nicki is a no.1 and y'all gonna just drive that into the ground. Nicki has sold over 8 million copies of one single. Has Iggy ever? No. 2 platinum albums? 1st album at 2 million in the U.S. and 4 million worldwide. Sold out shows internationally? Nope Plenty of people have had no.1s but does that make them better? No. Nicki don't copy no damn body's vocal style lol. Stop. Lil Kim copied Biggie's vocal style when she goes "baby baby" and "unh". And Iggy ain't copying nobody? She's original? :umm: I bet y'all haters would even say Iggy would beat Nicki in a rap battle. I'm actually serious, I think y'all would actually say she would and if so this convo is over :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'm not but I sure will stan for her over a fuckin' Iggy :lmao: Y'all act like the bitch is the coming of Jesus. That's all Iggy has over Nicki is a no.1 and y'all gonna just drive that into the ground. Nicki has sold over 8 million copies of one single. Has Iggy ever? No. 2 platinum albums? 1st album at 2 million in the U.S. and 4 million worldwide. Sold out shows internationally? Nope Plenty of people have had no.1s but does that make them better? No. Nicki don't copy no damn body's vocal style lol. Stop. Lil Kim copied Biggie's vocal style when she goes "baby baby" and "unh". And Iggy ain't copying nobody? She's original? :umm: I bet y'all haters would even say Iggy would beat Nicki in a rap battle. I'm actually serious, I think y'all would actually say she would and if so this convo is over :lol:

Who's acting like that? I would just easily take her over Nicki, that can be said about probably dozens of female rappers really. Yea she hasn't had those things (yet, that we know of) but she is right now musically more relevant than Nicki is my point and Nicki's petty out of line shade just boosted that more. :lmao:  that's a horrible example, you can't compare Kim saying words like her man to a chick who'll do an entire song in a voice sounding like Left Eye or Kim herself, that is 2 very different things :umm: . Iggy's not basing her image and sound off of anyone directly....so she wins there, may not be 100% original, but she's def not a style jacker.

Ah so when people cite her individually as a influence they're really citing all 3, when people say she's 1 of the most versatile skilled female rappers of all time, that's all 3? When Lisa's verse in Ladies night constantly gets praised and called the best part of the song that's all TLC? So when Nicki copy's Lisa's style of going in & out of funny voices and different pitches and speed....she's copying all 3 members of TLC?

I didn't know Left Eye copyrighted the voice thing. Oh she didn't? Then your case is invalid

I didn't know Left Eye copyrighted the voice thing. Oh she didn't? Then your case is invalid

LOFL so it's never copying unless it's copyrighted now..........so every artist who copied MJ & Janet's signature things "didn't" copy them too if it isn't copyrighted?

That was Remy Ma.

That sounds more like Missy & Lisa

That's irrelevant to the topic at hand

LOL I won't take away from her success, she is successful, very (righ now) but that doesn't automatically make her a innovative door opener. Those names were more about originality and all of whome are more original and actual door openers in terms of their styles and images and music.

Yea I hear that all the time when I come for artists who based their careers off others, everyone copies to some extent but theres copying and basing your whole image and style off multiple people and having next to nothing unique or original about you worth copying. What do I expect? For a artist to show their inspirations by mixing that with their own thing, and mostly do their own thing. There was nobody like Kim before her and the same can be said about LeftEye or Missy

1.)  Know your facts. Remy Ma made it into the industry through her connections with Big Pun who died in 2000 and appeared on his album.  Because of her relationship with Big Pun, she was picked up by Fat Joe for Terror Squad and appeared on Lean Back (one of the hottest songs of that year where she didn't get a writer's credit)  and then released a mixtape that hardly made waves before her album, which flopped.

Compare this with Nicki Minaj the superb bitch, who on her own, placed two mix tapes which shook the industry up and gained the attention of Dwayne Carter and then released probably to this day the most well-regarded female mixtape, Beam Me Up Scottie before her career launched. Good night.

2.) While Missy had massive cross over appeal, none of her singles, catered to a pop crowd. Her most successful single, Work It, was actually an ode to old school hip hop.   :w00t:  And in order to open the doors, you actually have to be successful, therefore, unfortunately Lisa's solo career cannot be included.

3.) It's not irrelevant.  When someone opens the door and you go in and do something even bigger than the person before you, then you continue to further open doors for those who come after you.  That's what being a door opener is about. Michael Jackson wasn't the first person to do the moonwalk, to dance in a suit -- (in fact he credits his whole show to James Brown and Fred Astaire and street dancers) but what he did with his ability opened doors for those who came after him to model their career after them.  Likewise, when Nicki Minaj came in going toe to toe with the boys, not trying to stay in the female lane -- dominating the charts-- creating art in other genres and succeeding in those aspects that is setting the stage and opening the door for the next female to come and do it bigger and better.

Gags should be thanking who now? Apart from Grace Jones, Madonna, Bowie and Bjork.

Nicki copied the Gaga blueprint plain as day. And she looked like a fool doing it too.

Akon, the person who signed her and helped her on her first two and most successful albums.  Laurie Ann Gibson who was her creative director at the height of her success.  Aka the last time she went platinum.  Her dead friend whose image she completely ripped off.. I can keep going and going and going.. 

I'm not as familiar with Left Eye's career as you are so I can't really comment on this but there have been other rappers who use various voices and pitches and speeds in their rap material as well -- most notably Eminem, who most considers the best rapper at least right now so maybe she used that for him.  Left Eye was not the first person to use a different voice in her song and clearly isn't the last. 

• Upvote 1

Who's acting like that? I would just easily take her over Nicki, that can be said about probably dozens of female rappers really. Yea she hasn't had those things (yet, that we know of) but she is right now musically more relevant than Nicki is my point and Nicki's petty out of line shade just boosted that more. :lmao:  that's a horrible example, you can't compare Kim saying words like her man to a chick who'll do an entire song in a voice sounding like Left Eye or Kim herself, that is 2 very different things :umm: . Iggy's not basing her image and sound off of anyone directly....so she wins there, may not be 100% original, but she's def not a style jacker.

More relevant that Nicki?!?!  You're delusional and I can't take.  Who is calling Iggy to be on their remixes?!  What radio station shows is Iggy headlining?  What Gold or platinum album does Iggy have?! And I am someone who actually likes Iggy -- seen her three times live - and even PURCHASED the New Classic - but to say she's more relevant than Nicki musically at this point is ludicrous especially when every reputable music publication that reports on hip hop music has stated that Nicki Minaj has one of the most highly anticipated releases this year.

Chile good eve.  :filenails: