No BET Awards Official Thread?

Kick rocks :lol: I'm not invested in Nicki all like that

1.)  Know your facts. Remy Ma made it into the industry through her connections with Big Pun who died in 2000 and appeared on his album.  Because of her relationship with Big Pun, she was picked up by Fat Joe for Terror Squad and appeared on Lean Back (one of the hottest songs of that year where she didn't get a writer's credit)  and then released a mixtape that hardly made waves before her album, which flopped.

Compare this with Nicki Minaj the superb bitch, who on her own, placed two mix tapes which shook the industry up and gained the attention of Dwayne Carter and then released probably to this day the most well-regarded female mixtape, Beam Me Up Scottie before her career launched. Good night.

2.) While Missy had massive cross over appeal, none of her singles, catered to a pop crowd. Her most successful single, Work It, was actually an ode to old school hip hop.   :w00t:  And in order to open the doors, you actually have to be successful, therefore, unfortunately Lisa's solo career cannot be included.

3.) It's not irrelevant.  When someone opens the door and you go in and do something even bigger than the person before you, then you continue to further open doors for those who come after you.  That's what being a door opener is about. Michael Jackson wasn't the first person to do the moonwalk, to dance in a suit -- (in fact he credits his whole show to James Brown and Fred Astaire and street dancers) but what he did with his ability opened doors for those who came after him to model their career after them.  Likewise, when Nicki Minaj came in going toe to toe with the boys, not trying to stay in the female lane -- dominating the charts-- creating art in other genres and succeeding in those aspects that is setting the stage and opening the door for the next female to come and do it bigger and better.

I'm not as familiar with Left Eye's career as you are so I can't really comment on this but there have been other rappers who use various voices and pitches and speeds in their rap material as well -- most notably Eminem, who most considers the best rapper at least right now so maybe she used that for him.  Left Eye was not the first person to use a different voice in her song and clearly isn't the last. 

1. LOFL yea sorry she still came out with a mixtape before her album, successful or not, it was done before Nicki thus she's not the 1st.

2. WHAT?!?!? HA,  the entire Miss E & Under Construction eras are both catered more towards pop than any era she's ever done. Lisa's solo career can be included because of all of her features.she OWNS & owned every time.

3. Yea, No, her success is irrelevant to the topic at hand, She's opened no door that wasn't already open, MJ did, Nicki didn't. Roxanne Shante is the 1st to start shit with the boys, and Nicki basically walked through that door. Theres nothing that she's done that makes her a blueprint or originator.

But Eminem isn't a women tho....and he came on the scene after Lisa . Im going to need you to use an example of a women doing it before Lisa.

More relevant that Nicki?!?!  You're delusional and I can't take.  Who is calling Iggy to be on their remixes?!  What radio station shows is Iggy headlining?  What Gold or platinum album does Iggy have?! And I am someone who actually likes Iggy -- seen her three times live - and even PURCHASED the New Classic - but to say she's more relevant than Nicki musically at this point is ludicrous especially when every reputable music publication that reports on hip hop music has stated that Nicki Minaj has one of the most highly anticipated releases this year.

Chile good eve.  :filenails:

Nah you're owning the delusinal card in this topic. Iggy has the #1 & is featured on the #2 song on the hot 100 right now........where's Nicki on that chart right now? Where's 1 of her remixes or features on that chart right now? Don't need the certifications, turn on a radio who are you more likely to hear RIGHT NOW? That makes her less relevant than Nicki right NOW. To deny that, is to truly where the hat of delusion.

Nice try  :coffee:

Akon, the person who signed her and helped her on her first two and most successful albums. Laurie Ann Gibson who was her creative director at the height of her success. Aka the last time she went platinum. Her dead friend whose image she completely ripped off.. I can keep going and going and going..

Akon was not involved with The Fame Monster, her benchmark work and high point. Laurie Ann Gibson, Nicola Formichetti, Matthew Williams, as well as other integral parts of the "Haus" were all formative in creating her visual presence. Everyone has a team so I'm not sure about what point you're making. The dead friend thing was an accusation made by the girl's mother. Every mother thinks their child is special, and while they may have shared similarities coming up together (as most creative people who are drawn together do) Gaga's look or persona was not based on her.

Back to what doors Gaga opened: theatricality that far exceeded just fashion. Christina, Lil Kim etc were wearing the wacky clothes on red carpets and in videos at points, but it was just that, clothes. Gaga used the clothes, the props, the makeup, the performance style to tell one story and build the myth of "lady gaga." It was over the top in a way no one this generation had done it, especially as a mainstream pop artist.

Now cut to Nicki who came along shortly after and emulated the scale that Gaga took it to, going so far as to attend the Grammys with a Cardinal or whatever for her exorcism performance. That's the theatricality that goes beyond "weird fashion." Not to mention Nicki creating her own "mythology" out of Roman and Barbie and how she expressed that visually. Nicki took the idea of such heavy use of artifice from Gaga, and she's since abandoned that because she moved on and it was never who she truly was.

What's also telling is that when Nicki was still new she said the comparisons to Gaga were a compliment, then changed her tune once Madonna sunk her claws into her.

• Upvote 1

Who's acting like that? I would just easily take her over Nicki, that can be said about probably dozens of female rappers really. Yea she hasn't had those things (yet, that we know of) but she is right now musically more relevant than Nicki is my point and Nicki's petty out of line shade just boosted that more. :lmao:  that's a horrible example, you can't compare Kim saying words like her man to a chick who'll do an entire song in a voice sounding like Left Eye or Kim herself, that is 2 very different things :umm: . Iggy's not basing her image and sound off of anyone directly....so she wins there, may not be 100% original, but she's def not a style jacker.

Horrible example? Nah copying is copying so no and it's not Kim copying words...she tries to sound exactly like him whenever she says it in her songs. Let's not act like you can't hear it :mellow:. Let Nicki be petty, it still doesn't stop what she's done lol. You're still talking about style jacking. Don't nobody care what kind of clothes Nicki wears lol. We're talking about the rap game and how she's changed it and what she's done not what she dressed like and Nicki hasn't dressed crazy in a while. She's looking more original and way better looking than when she first came out. Let's stay out of the past and keep it in the present. Nicki looked bomb as fuck at the BET Awards. Hate on it tho

I didn't know Left Eye copyrighted the voice thing. Oh she didn't? Then your case is invalid

Thank you!!! Both of them have light ass voices. Is Nicki supposed to have a deep butch like ass voice when she raps or something lol

1.)  Know your facts. Remy Ma made it into the industry through her connections with Big Pun who died in 2000 and appeared on his album.  Because of her relationship with Big Pun, she was picked up by Fat Joe for Terror Squad and appeared on Lean Back (one of the hottest songs of that year where she didn't get a writer's credit)  and then released a mixtape that hardly made waves before her album, which flopped.

Compare this with Nicki Minaj the superb bitch, who on her own, placed two mix tapes which shook the industry up and gained the attention of Dwayne Carter and then released probably to this day the most well-regarded female mixtape, Beam Me Up Scottie before her career launched. Good night.

2.) While Missy had massive cross over appeal, none of her singles, catered to a pop crowd. Her most successful single, Work It, was actually an ode to old school hip hop.   :w00t:  And in order to open the doors, you actually have to be successful, therefore, unfortunately Lisa's solo career cannot be included.

3.) It's not irrelevant.  When someone opens the door and you go in and do something even bigger than the person before you, then you continue to further open doors for those who come after you.  That's what being a door opener is about. Michael Jackson wasn't the first person to do the moonwalk, to dance in a suit -- (in fact he credits his whole show to James Brown and Fred Astaire and street dancers) but what he did with his ability opened doors for those who came after him to model their career after them.  Likewise, when Nicki Minaj came in going toe to toe with the boys, not trying to stay in the female lane -- dominating the charts-- creating art in other genres and succeeding in those aspects that is setting the stage and opening the door for the next female to come and do it bigger and better.

Akon, the person who signed her and helped her on her first two and most successful albums.  Laurie Ann Gibson who was her creative director at the height of her success.  Aka the last time she went platinum.  Her dead friend whose image she completely ripped off.. I can keep going and going and going.. 

I'm not as familiar with Left Eye's career as you are so I can't really comment on this but there have been other rappers who use various voices and pitches and speeds in their rap material as well -- most notably Eminem, who most considers the best rapper at least right now so maybe she used that for him.  Left Eye was not the first person to use a different voice in her song and clearly isn't the last. 

Lord not again!!!

tumblr_inline_mregxrIcKu1qz4rgp_zps22264

More relevant that Nicki?!?!  You're delusional and I can't take.  Who is calling Iggy to be on their remixes?!  What radio station shows is Iggy headlining?  What Gold or platinum album does Iggy have?! And I am someone who actually likes Iggy -- seen her three times live - and even PURCHASED the New Classic - but to say she's more relevant than Nicki musically at this point is ludicrous especially when every reputable music publication that reports on hip hop music has stated that Nicki Minaj has one of the most highly anticipated releases this year.

Chile good eve.  :filenails:

Thank you!!! LOL Ok Iggy has a no.1 hit and Beyonce hasn't had one in years so by his lame logic that means Iggy is more relevant than Beyonce and we all know that shit ain't true. 

Horrible example? Nah copying is copying so no and it's not Kim copying words...she tries to sound exactly like him whenever she says it in her songs. Let's not act like you can't hear it :mellow:. Let Nicki be petty, it still doesn't stop what she's done lol. You're still talking about style jacking. Don't nobody care what kind of clothes Nicki wears lol. We're talking about the rap game and how she's changed it and what she's done not what she dressed like and Nicki hasn't dressed crazy in a while. She's looking more original and way better looking than when she first came out. Let's stay out of the past and keep it in the present. Nicki looked bomb as fuck at the BET Awards. Hate on it tho

Thank you!!! Both of them have light ass voices. Is Nicki supposed to have a deep butch like ass voice when she raps or something lol

Thank you!!! LOL Ok Iggy has a no.1 hit and Beyonce hasn't had one in years so by his lame logic that means Iggy is more relevant than Beyonce and we all know that shit ain't true. 

Not you trying to defend that horrible example, THAT IS NOT COMPARABLE. Kim saying single words like her man, is NOT the same as doing entire songs in a voice or copy & pasting the same lyrics. How about lets not act like that's at all comparable. For that to be comparable, Kim would have to hate Biggie, and copy more than just a word or 2. Then you'd have a case. Nah Im gonna call her stupidity out everytime she shows it. Ummmm....when I say style jacking Im not directly referring to the clothes >_<  :lmao: , I'm talking about the rapping style as well.I didn't mention the clothes (that she steal from Kim & Gaga) at all actually. And you can't change the rap game when you're repeating what's already been done, you sound like a Bey fan with this man. Yes she did look good,..very Foxy Brown....

Horrible excuse, Lil Kim's talking voice is lighter than both Lisa & Nicki's but her rapping voice has more bass than both, it's the baby rapping voice I'm talking about, Lisa specialized it, used it in Waterfalls among other songs, and Nicki copies it.

But Bey is much more relevant than Nicki, hell she actually had a top 10, again where is Nicki on those charts?

1. LOFL yea sorry she still came out with a mixtape before her album, successful or not, it was done before Nicki thus she's not the 1st.

2. WHAT?!?!? HA,  the entire Miss E & Under Construction eras are both catered more towards pop than any era she's ever done. Lisa's solo career can be included because of all of her features.she OWNS & owned every time.

3. Yea, No, her success is irrelevant to the topic at hand, She's opened no door that wasn't already open, MJ did, Nicki didn't. Roxanne Shante is the 1st to start shit with the boys, and Nicki basically walked through that door. Theres nothing that she's done that makes her a blueprint or originator.

But Eminem isn't a women tho....and he came on the scene after Lisa . Im going to need you to use an example of a women doing it before Lisa.

First, The point was Nicki was the first female to introduce and establish her dominance and introduce herself through the mixtape route that was boys only at the time not that Nicki was the first woman to have a mixtape before her album. 

Secondly, again, you're missing the point. While, Missy had wildly successful crossover hits, all of her songs remained true to hip hop as an art form.  Miss E. featured basically every hop rapper in the game at that point mixed with hard beats and R&B vibes.  

Thirdly, as stated, I'm not as familiar with Left Eye's solo career.  If you can lead to some examples of what you are referring to about Nicki copying Left Eye then perhaps I can get a better understanding. I need concrete examples, not mere accusations. 

Nah you're owning the delusinal card in this topic. Iggy has the #1 & is featured on the #2 song on the hot 100 right now........where's Nicki on that chart right now? Where's 1 of her remixes or features on that chart right now? Don't need the certifications, turn on a radio who are you more likely to hear RIGHT NOW? That makes her less relevant than Nicki right NOW. To deny that, is to truly where the hat of delusion.

Nice try  :coffee:

Well, they don't play Iggy on the stations that I listen to, so NICKI.  But furthermore, what kind of simple minded logic is this?  She's more relevant because she has a number 1 and number 2 song on the hot 100?  But how is her album sales?  Shit.  Hell, Nicki just last month headlined HOT 97 which is the number 1 hip-hop radio station in NYC (the biggest market) and Power 105 in Los Angeles.  Iggy not invited. HELL, keeping it on the topic of this thread, who won the award at the show -- Nicki.  Who had her own set at the award show? Nicki. Who had to share with someone else - Oh okay.

Akon was not involved with The Fame Monster, her benchmark work and high point. Laurie Ann Gibson, Nicola Formichetti, Matthew Williams, as well as other integral parts of the "Haus" were all formative in creating her visual presence. Everyone has a team so I'm not sure about what point you're making. The dead friend thing was an accusation made by the girl's mother. Every mother thinks their child is special, and while they may have shared similarities coming up together (as most creative people who are drawn together do) Gaga's look or persona was not based on her.

Back to what doors Gaga opened: theatricality that far exceeded just fashion. Christina, Lil Kim etc were wearing the wacky clothes on red carpets and in videos at points, but it was just that, clothes. Gaga used the clothes, the props, the makeup, the performance style to tell one story and build the myth of "lady gaga." It was over the top in a way no one this generation had done it, especially as a mainstream pop artist.

Now cut to Nicki who came along shortly after and emulated the scale that Gaga took it to, going so far as to attend the Grammys with a Cardinal or whatever for her exorcism performance. That's the theatricality that goes beyond "weird fashion." Not to mention Nicki creating her own "mythology" out of Roman and Barbie and how she expressed that visually. Nicki took the idea of such heavy use of artifice from Gaga, and she's since abandoned that because she moved on and it was never who she truly was.

What's also telling is that when Nicki was still new she said the comparisons to Gaga were a compliment, then changed her tune once Madonna sunk her claws into her.

Wasn't she still on Akon's label when she released the Fame Monster? Yes. My point is that you are giving Lady Gaga the credit when her "Haus" is truly the people who deserve the credit as her creative team. Gaga was just a blank canvas in which to work.  To suggest that Nicki followed some Gaga blueprint because she too dressed weirdly and used theatrics for one performance is a bit of a stretch.  If you want to talk about dressing weirdly, you go back to Boy George. You go to Cyndi Lauper.  You can't just to start keeping track of trends when it aids your argument. 

Not you trying to defend that horrible example, THAT IS NOT COMPARABLE. Kim saying single words like her man, is NOT the same as doing entire songs in a voice or copy & pasting the same lyrics. How about lets not act like that's at all comparable. For that to be comparable, Kim would have to hate Biggie, and copy more than just a word or 2. Then you'd have a case. Nah Im gonna call her stupidity out everytime she shows it. Ummmm....when I say style jacking Im not directly referring to the clothes >_<  :lmao: , I'm talking about the rapping style as well.I didn't mention the clothes (that she steal from Kim & Gaga) at all actually. And you can't change the rap game when you're repeating what's already been done, you sound like a Bey fan with this man. Yes she did look good,..very Foxy Brown....

Horrible excuse, Lil Kim's talking voice is lighter than both Lisa & Nicki's but her rapping voice has more bass than both, it's the baby rapping voice I'm talking about, Lisa specialized it, used it in Waterfalls among other songs, and Nicki copies it.

But Bey is much more relevant than Nicki, hell she actually had a top 10, again where is Nicki on those charts?

I don't know I missed this and I agree that Beyonce is the more relevant of the two but I mean are you SERIOUS about where is Nicki on the charts.. her last two albums both Number 1 Albums. 8 top 10 singles of her own. You sound like a hater.. you do. She's suppose to change her voice because her voice sounds like Left Eye. Chile bye. And now her BET appearance looked like Foxy Brown?! The girls can't take.  

First, The point was Nicki was the first female to introduce and establish her dominance and introduce herself through the mixtape route that was boys only at the time not that Nicki was the first woman to have a mixtape before her album. 

Secondly, again, you're missing the point. While, Missy had wildly successful crossover hits, all of her songs remained true to hip hop as an art form.  Miss E. featured basically every hop rapper in the game at that point mixed with hard beats and R&B vibes.  

Thirdly, as stated, I'm not as familiar with Left Eye's solo career.  If you can lead to some examples of what you are referring to about Nicki copying Left Eye then perhaps I can get a better understanding. I need concrete examples, not mere accusations. 

Well, they don't play Iggy on the stations that I listen to, so NICKI.  But furthermore, what kind of simple minded logic is this?  She's more relevant because she has a number 1 and number 2 song on the hot 100?  But how is her album sales?  Shit.  Hell, Nicki just last month headlined HOT 97 which is the number 1 hip-hop radio station in NYC (the biggest market) and Power 105 in Los Angeles.  Iggy not invited. HELL, keeping it on the topic of this thread, who won the award at the show -- Nicki.  Who had her own set at the award show? Nicki. Who had to share with someone else - Oh okay.

Yea still Remy, heard about her when she had her mixtape out and not her album. LOFL Yea no, still Missy used elements of Pop, and has said so thus her success in pop at that time. Already specified the copying of Lisa was more the pitch vocal changes as seen with Waterfalls, Kick Your Game, Switch, This Is How It Works, and Quickie. I'm not aware of any female rapper who bounced between their voice and a exagerated baby/ little kid voice before Lisa did, it's 1 of her signatures.

Ah well within the span of TODAY, and being at a mall, I've heard Fancy twice and Problem once, absolutely NO Nicki. She's more relevant because she's everywhere and her songs are everywhere, that's simple obvious logic, why are you mad at it?  :lmao:. Well she broke the record today that she has the longest running #1 of any rapper. Yes BET is up Nicki's ass, nobod else is right now. 

I don't know I missed this and I agree that Beyonce is the more relevant of the two but I mean are you SERIOUS about where is Nicki on the charts.. her last two albums both Number 1 Albums. 8 top 10 singles of her own. You sound like a hater.. you do. She's suppose to change her voice because her voice sounds like Left Eye. Chile bye. And now her BET appearance looked like Foxy Brown?! The girls can't take.  

But how's her singles doing? The singles she's been releasing and getting featured on all year? Who said she wasn't successful? Im just saying she's not really relevant on the music scene right now, you sound like a stan putting your opinion and her success above her negatives. All her pretty stats don't replace that her career is based off of stealing from others.

Poor ol pathetic Jarry stay tryna give the ppl with minimal success more props over those who have had BIGGER success

1. Robin Thicke : "Blurred Lines" has the biggest radio impressions ever.

Although Justin had the best selling album that same year AND the biggest first week sales

But according to jarry Robin wins that round.

2. Iggy has ONE #1 song so she's bigger than Nicki right now

Meanwhile Nicki has broken records and has accomplished things that rival those females before her

But to jarry Iggy wins

Hater is not even the word to use. You stay contradicting yourself.

Overall SUCCESS is far more significant than "right now" success. Come back and holla when Iggy achieves EVERTHING that Nicki has before you (stupidly) prematurely crown IGGY as if she's the only female to achieve something

Face it. Your favs stay losing and trailing behind, and you try your damndest to make them win...when its clear they aren't even in The league of those winning..

Overall Success and achievements > momentary "right now" hits

JT > Robin

Nicki > Iggy

This section...

Your fav Ms.WhocaresTINA will never have the overall success of Britney.

Your fav Ms.WhocaresTINA will never have the popularity of Beyonce. Beys name will go down in history bigger than Xtina.

Britney, Beyonce, > whocaresTINA

Now you can either accept the ugly reality or continue to dress it up with a pretty lie with delusional undergarments underneath but at the end of the day...

Billboard has spoken..

The public has spoken..

Trackboy has spoken..

Norman has spoken..

I have spoken..

>>>>>> you, in your head, your hopes, dreams, lies and delusions.

Poor ol pathetic Jarry stay tryna give the ppl with minimal success more props over those who have had BIGGER success

Although Justin had the best selling album that same year AND the biggest first week sales

Meanwhile Nicki has broken records and has accomplished things that rival those females before her

But to jarry Iggy wins

Overall SUCCESS is far more significant than "right now" success. Come back and holla when Iggy achieves EVERTHING that Nicki has before you (stupidly) prematurely crown IGGY as if she's the only female to achieve something

Face it. Your favs stay losing and trailing behind, and you try your damndest to make them win...when its clear they aren't even in The league of those winning..

JT > Robin

Nicki > Iggy

This section...

Your fav Ms.WhocaresTINA will never have the popularity of Beyonce. Beys name will go down in history bigger than Xtina.

Now you can either accept the ugly reality or continue to dress it up with a pretty lie with delusional undergarments underneath but at the end of the day...

Billboard has spoken..

The public has spoken..

Trackboy has spoken..

Norman has spoken..

I have spoken..

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  Your pressedness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

no need to read the garbage, we get it, your pressed by my opinion, move the hell on with your life Dayz, you gotta let go of this hold I seem to clearly have of you. I mean damn I know my opinion matters but shit the obsession you have with it is just not healthy, let it go. It's making you look really pathetic bitter and just thirsty. Not a good look. I appreciate the obsession, but it's just weird. I can't believe my dragging Justin has shook you so hard to your core, that I got you going out of your way to make a fool of yourself. I mean DAMN even Game moved on, yet you're stuck on it........

Nicki's star is fading. Her newest single hasn't even reached the Top 20. None of her singles from Ramen Noodles Reheated- The Re Up charted in the Top 40. People are over her. She over exposed herself and now she's paying the price. She's really only good on features. Not to mention she's over 30, which means ageism is about to punch her out the game. She had her time but it's over now. Her, Pitbull, FloRida and all those other trash rappers will fade out.

• Upvote 2

OMG y'all need to stop.

Follow the facts

They see it but don't wanna see it lol

"Just 1 Comment Tho-- Y'all hate Nicki so much y'all ready to hand it all over to the female Vanilla Ice?? Okay I'm done. *sips tea slow*"

"[Nicki is] egotistical and delusional but she can rap though."

-- Rah Digga. 

yeah that's why I just left it alone. No matter what the FACTS you and anyone else posted they look past it and make up excuses. What's the excuse for Nicki selling 8 million copies of "Superbass". Cause she sounded like Left-Eye. Left-Eye's voice or style didn't help her sell records or singles so that excuse is a fail in itself

Jarryl stays dismissing Nicki's success and what she's accomplished. You and I both posted stats as to what she's done that no other female rapper has done. Let me add another. Nicki's "Superbass" with over 415 million views on youtube is the most watched and streamed video of any black artist male or female :)

But to jarry Iggy wins

JT > Robin

Nicki > Iggy

This section...

Billboard has spoken..

The public has spoken..

Trackboy has spoken..

Norman has spoken..

I have spoken..

I agree with you. Jarryl knows no way in hell Iggy is better than Nicki. Just cause she finally got a hit song after 3 other singles failed to do anything she's better than Nicki? She don't rap better than Nicki and don't perform better either. They keep going back to Nicki copying whoever style they say she did, either way she's still bigger and better. They wanna point out how Nicki is fake and this and that but Iggy ain't? I just can't.

They see it but don't wanna see it lol

yeah that's why I just left it alone. No matter what the FACTS you and anyone else posted they look past it and make up excuses. What's the excuse for Nicki selling 8 million copies of "Superbass". Cause she sounded like Left-Eye. Left-Eye's voice or style didn't help her sell records or singles so that excuse is a fail in itself

Jarryl stays dismissing Nicki's success and what she's accomplished. You and I both posted stats as to what she's done that no other female rapper has done. Let me add another. Nicki's "Superbass" with over 415 million views on youtube is the most watched and streamed video of any black artist male or female :)

I agree with you. Jarryl knows no way in hell Iggy is better than Nicki. Just cause she finally got a hit song after 3 other singles failed to do anything she's better than Nicki? She don't rap better than Nicki and don't perform better either. They keep going back to Nicki copying whoever style they say she did, either way she's still bigger and better. They wanna point out how Nicki is fake and this and that but Iggy ain't? I just can't.

Joe you're sounding too much like a Bey stan excusing copying for the sake of selling. She may be bigger than who she copied (right now) but she's defintely not better than any of them. SO I'll ask you what I asked Game, does sales make an artist style influential or not?

LOFL yea you posted stats, nobody's talking about her stats, we're talking her copying. You and all the other Nicki stans have YET to say anything about her that opened the door to others, And not her stats. Tell me what is there about Nicki Minaj that someone in 15 years can aim to copy that comes directly from her 1st and nobody else. I stay dismissing her success because it's got nothing to do with what I'm discussing, HOWever, you stay dismissing her thieving. 

Um Joe, you have yet to point out who Iggy is a direct copy of. And yea I think she's better than Nicki without necissarily even being a fan of hers, I just don't think it's that hard for a female MC to be better than Nicki, that opinion's not changing, and no amount of success Nicki has will. She could do Thriller numbers and I still will look down at her for being a complete ripoff with whack music, the ripoff is a fact and the whack music is my opinion. And Dayz post was the wrong post to latch on to, that was more about how he's pressed over my feelings about Justin and clinging to the oposing side of this argument for a pathetic attempt at a failed jab, Agreeing with him is also agreeing that based on their stats and nothing else JT's better than Robin, and Bey is better than Xtina, are you saying that you honestly agree with that :coffee:

I can't with the assumption I'm a Iggy fan, lets be clear, I just think Nicki is shit, This same argument and replace Iggy's name with Eve, Rah, Charlie, Remy (who I'm also not a fan of) Fergie, or most female rappers, I'll naturally take their side over Nicki, It's not that much about Iggy. But she's whot the topics about.  :lmao:

I personally don't like Iggy. Her voice is quite annoying which is funny because Nicki has an annoying voice too but I actually like some of her songs :lol:. I just want a new Missy album. 

PS Dayz that did come across as a little personal lol

I personally don't like Iggy. Her voice is quite annoying which is funny because Nicki has an annoying voice too but I actually like some of her songs :lol:. I just want a new Missy album. 

RIGHT, fuck both of them and bring back the true queen and originator, bring back Kim too.