OUT MAGAZINE: #TBT: Remembering Janet Jackson's Last Truly Great Song & Video

SonofBaldwin

tumblr_nnmu7emyHq1qiohboo9_400.gif

Janet Jackson — noted pop legend, diva-best-believa and actually elusive chanteuse — made a rare public appearance at Giorgio Armani's 40th anniversary party. Like a groundhog, whenever Ms. Jackson pops her ageless head out of her Middle Eastern billionaire hole, it's time to start speculating on when/if she will ever grace us with a comeback.

Certainly, soldiers in the Rhythm Nation — me included — miss her much, as evinced by this fan-made missing persons poster.

Janet was amused and retweeted the post, and a few days later sent a cryptic tweet about letting go but not stopping — further stoking the new music rumor flames.

Since I'm always looking for any and all excuses to write about my Queen of Pop (and since this song has been on repeat for the past few weeks) join me — won't you? — in celebrating Janet Jackson' last truly great gift to the world, 2008's "Rock wit U."

Here are 5 reasons "Rock wit U" is essentially perfect.

MORE: http://www.out.com/popnography/2015/4/30/tbt-remembering-janet-jacksons-last-truly-great-song-video

• Upvote 2

It didn't deserve to be 2nd single. Maybe 4th or never

Aint like she had much to choose from an hideous album. It was mos def the most "international-friendly" track on the album. Business-wise I can understand the order of its release..but still underwhelming overall measuring it on the landscape of Janets entiré catalog

• Upvote 1

They did say anything about the actual song.. Bc the song is god awful BUT the video is epic

I agree with the last 4 words. I absolutely love the choreo, the hair...everything about it.