American Idol to call curtains next season

bu.

Next: The Voice please. Another useless show that does nothing but promotes Maroon 5, That country guy, and flops

Yeah I agree... At least in the beginning AI produced some stars. I don't know one winner from the Voice.

• Upvote 1

Should have ended after Simon left.

Yup, that Janet takeover finale would've been the perfect series finale.

Sorry to those pressed about The Voice remaining, regardless of what happens to the contestants, it's a great show that people are actually watching so you'll have to deal for a while until those ratings take a Idol style dive.

Yup, that Janet takeover finale would've been the perfect finale.

Sorry to those pressed about The Voice remaining, regardless of what happens to the contestants, it's a great show that people are actually watching so you'll have to deal for a while until those ratings take a Idol style dive.

Isn't that the point of a talent show? 

Isn't that the point of a talent show?

No, thats the surface point, the actual point is to provide great TV to boost the networks views and ratings, don't get fooled by the hype. Idol did great with introducing like 5 names to the music scene, but of the many that win these shows & sign the record deals for most of these shows dramatically more often than not that deal is shitty anyway. All any of these shows can be for these contestants is a platform.....and in which case the platform wirh the most view....

Basically, that's what ANY & all talent TV shows to have the viewing public think, going back to Star Search and maybe even The Gong show.

I get the point of the invention of television: To entertain and inform the masses 

BUT

Quit denying The Voice isn't just a vehicle for Adam Levine, The Hick, and Flops to push their crap down our throats

I get the point of the invention of television: To entertain and inform the masses

BUT

Quit denying The Voice isn't just a vehicle for Adam Levine, The Hick, and Flops to push their crap down our throats

I can't because the Emmy wins and nominations don't go to Adam or any of the coaches, it's because its great TV, you don't like it, but the results are in and The show remains successful, the celebrities are only 1 piece of that, I mean anyone can sit back and say "The Voice Is Only Slaughtering The Other Shows because of the celebs" but fact of the matter XFactor & Idol tried to make their shows work throwing in celebs....yet they've been eliminated from the competition...hmmm

I can't because the Emmy wins and nominations don't go to Adam or any of the coaches, it's because its great TV, you don't like it, but the results are in and The show remains successful, the celebrities are only 1 piece of that, I mean anyone can sit back and say "The Voice Is Only Slaughtering The Other Shows because of the celebs" but fact of the matter XFactor & Idol tried to make their shows work throwing in celebs....yet they've been eliminated from the competition...hmmm

Let's just agree to agree that The Voice is next

tumblr_ne6gh4YyC81sagynlo8_r1_500.gif

I really don't mind the fact that it dragged on probably five years longer than it should have. AI was revolutionary and it produced stars - A-list stars. Beyond household names like Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia and Carrie Underwood, it led to incredible moments in pop culture. Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar, Queen found a new lead singer, Simon Cowell built an empire. Ratings may have declined but in actuality it's being out-watched by shows which owe their very existence to the success of American Idol. I hope it gets the mighty send-off it deserves.

• Upvote 1