Wendall talks about Janet/Elton.

bu.

Smh.  Janet stood her ground when she sang with Elton and he should know better not to come for her shows.  Their shows are entirely different and for good reason.  I did see Elton once in Las Vegas for his "Red Piano" engagement when photographer/director David LaChapelle did the staging and video montages for the show and it made it come to life.  Otherwise I would not have cared to see Elton John live even though I love a lot of his songs from his early catalogue. And I cannot say it enough.....Janet's show right now is the most live she has ever been. I would say 90% live with background vocals from her backup singers and maybe 10% backing vocals of her own.  The band she has accompanying her on tour is on fiyah. 

not too bad and she's right about the costume changes lol

janet is older...i swear yall act like Janet is 24. I can understand why changing 100 times is not apart of her norm anymore. She's done a hell of alot of costume changing on her past tours, more than any other artist i can think of tbh. Cut this woman sum slack

• Upvote 1

janet is older...i swear yall act like Janet is 24. I can understand why changing 100 times is not apart of her norm anymore. She's done a hell of alot of costume changing on her past tours, more than any other artist i can think of tbh. Cut this woman sum slack

Not to make waves but if Madonna, Cher, Tuna Turner, etc. (who're all older) can do it, so can Janet.

Edited by youwantthisanytime
  • Upvote 1

Not to make waves but if Madonna, Cher, Tuna Turner, etc. (who're all older) can do it, so can Janet.

I think limiting the costume changes makes the show flow easier less filler between costume changing, and it costs less for production if she and her dancers dont change into a million different outfits all tailored to each dancer. They also dont keep a wardrobe stylist on tour to maintain all of that, which again costs money

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 1

I didnt say she was incapable. I said I can UNDERSTAND why she wouldnt want to concern herself with a bunch of quick changes. To bring up older artists who do, thats their choice. You think JANET cares about what other artists are doing. I think NOT. So thats irrelevant 

I didnt say she was incapable. I said I can UNDERSTAND why she wouldnt want to concern herself with a bunch of quick changes. To bring up older artists who do, thats their choice. You think JANET cares about what other artists are doing. I think NOT. So thats irrelevant 

No it's not. You were just saying to cut the woman some slack. As if her age somehow means we should expect less of her when it comes to multiple costume changes. Well, we shouldn't and me bringing up those other older artists who do still give multiple wardrobe changes was pertinent to my point so, yea. Very relevant.

No it's not. You were just saying to cut the woman some slack. As if her age somehow means we should expect less of her when it comes to multiple costume changes. Well, we shouldn't and me bringing up those other older artists who do still give multiple wardrobe changes was pertinent to my point so, yea. Very relevant.

"Cutting her some slack" was saying it shouldnt kill you all that GOD FORBID she chooses to have a tour or 2 where she doesnt do a gazillion costume changes, when she indeed has done it for 20+ years. The way you all talk is as if she's not known for changing alot. Wendy doesnt know any better and she doesnt do heavy research. You on the other hand should know better becus you have seen Janet tours and know for a fact that she's notoriously known for being an act that brings the theatrical live visuals of her videos on stage when it comes to costuming.  Its just another thing for you all to complain about. Give me a break. Janets last arena tour, she had tons of costume changes and alot of Janet fans was talking shit about how the costumes looked and blah blah blah....

The point of this? 

Janet fans are NEVER satified. She's damned if she do damned if she dont. Spare me the continuous oblivion to what Im saying. If you dont "get it" then dont bother with this discussion any further. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

"Cutting her some slack" was saying it shouldnt kill you all that GOD FORBID she chooses to have a tour or 2 where she doesnt do a gazillion costume changes, when she indeed has done it for 20+ years. The way you all talk is as if she's not known for changing alot. Wendy doesnt know any better and she doesnt do heavy research. You on the other hand should know better becus you have seen Janet tours and know for a fact that she's notoriously known for being an act that brings the theatrical live visuals of her videos on stage when it comes to costuming.  Its just another thing for you all to complain about. Give me a break. Janets last arena tour, she had tons of costume changes and alot of Janet fans was talking shit about how the costumes looked and blah blah blah....

The point of this? 

Janet fans are NEVER satified. She's damned if she do damned if she dont. Spare me the continuous oblivion to what Im saying. If you dont "get it" then dont bother with this discussion any further. 

It appears to be you who doesn't get it. If Janet is generally known for visuals and theatrics then how can you deem someone as NEVER satisfied when all they want is for Janet to do what Janet is known for? To me, that's not asking too much. If anything, the question should be why is Janet selling herself short when we all know what she is capable of?  With her now being fully in CONTROL of her brand, this would've been the perfect time to go all out and really let us have it.

Because it's clear that she's not sticking to "what she's known for" she's doing what she wants and how she wants. She's happier and more comfortable (apparently) with less costume changes (signs of this should've been abundant during #1's & even RN, shit aint new). Yall do need to get your heads out of the "use to" box.

• Upvote 1

don't mean we gotta be happy with it. She ain't dancing as much as she used to and we don't complain about that because we know her age has a lot to do with it. Y'alls excuses for her not changing clothes don't make sense. It's not like she don't have enough time between sets and hell most of her past stuff was velcro pieces and buttons you snap on and off. Hell everybody was complaining about those ugly ass outfits on the Rock Witchu Tour but at least she changed. #1s was a small tour and a small stage. Anyway if she don't change clothes she just don't change them but that still ain't gonna change our opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Puh fuckin leeze. Yall didnt like her costumes the last tour that she did with a bunch of costume changes. NEVER SATISFIED EITHER WAY. Now "boom" that!!

When did I say I didn't like her costumes last tour? I was at the number ones tour and she never changed so how did I say I didn't like her costumes? Lies! BOOM!!!

The only excuses I'm seeing is for the right to be bitter. Like how's the cold hard fact that she's toured to few & no costume changes before an excuse? 

I'm not that bothered about outfits. I'll be honest - when I went to Beyonce and she was changing clothes every 2-3 songs, I just got annoyed found it really annoying. 

I'm fuckin saying lol, what my fave wears is the least of my concern

• Upvote 1