My open letter to Janet and her team

feehgarcia

Who is he touring with bc he can't tour alone? 

He sold 157k in the US and 22k in the UK.. Impressive and a good start but I don't think he can tour by himself

I think it'll be small intimate venues. It's not been announced yet

You missed the point me and Jarryl were making - that making so many videos only works if you actually have some star power. C-Error made all those videos, flopped and got dropped. So all that money was wasted. Keyshia Coleslaw made all those videos and I don't even know what her label situation is whether she got dropped or not but she obviously flopped. Janet could do it and she'd probably see some decent results but it'd be a waste of money if it only helps sell a few hundred more copies, especially now that she has no tour to promote. 

The cost of a video and how much an artist makes are related. 

No one is comparing Ciara and Keyshia to Janet - we'd be dumb to. 

I got y'all point but i'm talking about the videos should've came out during the tour when she had one to promote. I didn't even see the album going platinum but the album going gold definitely could've happened. Janet is a big enough Mega Superstar where videos from her always increase sales whether it's for the album, tour, or both.

And so she filmed a video for Dammn Baby because...?

I'm still waiting on an answer just like you

• Downvote 1

I got y'all point but i'm talking about the videos should've came out during the tour when she had one to promote. I didn't even see the album going platinum but the album going gold definitely could've happened. Janet is a big enough Mega Superstar where videos from her always increase sales whether it's for the album, tour, or both.

I'm still waiting on an answer just like you

This era wasn't about sales. 

No need to promote if the album is dedicated to her fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That makes no sense.

Shocking it makes no sense to you :o 

Let me break it down so you can get it

Promo tours are used for artists, companies, and actors to promote an album, single, movie.... product to the general public. Music videos, trailers, commercials are used to promote which ever thing needs promoted 

Janet said (very important) that this album is dedicated and for her fans. Janet doesn't care about sales.. She released the album out of the kindness of her heart bc that's what a Goddess do! 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If she didn't care about sales "Unbreakable" would have been available as a free download on her website. Next! 

No one does that 

She is very aware about the current state of the music industry... aka it's not about the sales

Source por favor?

“Unbreakable” in this sense acts as a seven-year-long journal of music dedicated to her fans and loved ones.

http://xulaherald.com/2015/11/janet-jackson-returns-with-unbreakable/ 

• Downvote 3

Shocking it makes no sense to you :o 

Let me break it down so you can get it

Promo tours are used for artists, companies, and actors to promote an album, single, movie.... product to the general public. Music videos, trailers, commercials are used to promote which ever thing needs promoted 

Janet said (very important) that this album is dedicated and for her fans. Janet doesn't care about sales.. She released the album out of the kindness of her heart bc that's what a Goddess do! 

Promo is also used to promote to fans!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

“Unbreakable” in this sense acts as a seven-year-long journal of music dedicated to her fans and loved ones.

ok norm I appreciate you pulling up that link... But we both know damn well that ain't even close to be from "her lips"... That is simply an album review! ?

And out of all people on here, you're the one who constantly states that people mustn't assume things unless Janet says it herself.. and now you're stating that your source for this album being strictly for fans is a random journalist's review on some non-music website?! :blink:

Please bruh! And I'm not saying that the album wasn't made for her fans (..isn't every album?), but I love how much of a fkn hypocrite you are when it's convenient for u and whatever point you claim to be making.. 

:lmao:

• Upvote 4

ok norm I appreciate you pulling up that link... But we both know damn well that ain't even close to be from "her lips"... That is simply an album review! ?

And out of all people on here, you're the one who constantly states that people mustn't assume things unless Janet says it herself.. and now you're stating that your source for this album being strictly for fans is a random journalist's review on some non-music website?! :blink:

Please bruh! And I'm not saying that the album wasn't made for her fans (..isn't every album?), but I love how much of a fkn hypocrite you are when it's convenient for u and whatever point you claim to be making.. 

Where do you think the critic got it from? Thin air? 

From her press release  

http://www.janetjackson.com/news/all/oct-2-wide-release-date-set-for-janet-jacksons-unbreakable#.VxkhEGNAjW0

Unbreakable is a gift to all of her fans who have steadfastly stood by her.

Don't come for me unless I send for you :coffee: 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

gather him!!! :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No one does that 

She is very aware about the current state of the music industry... aka it's not about the sales

you keep saying it's not about sales but her team did everything in their power to make sure people bought a copy of the album.  That's what the whole bundling thing was. You can't get to the museum without a receipt. Hell Joey even signed up on Twitter and ask us to send receipts. So your no sale it's all about the fans notion is :thumbdown: and who does free albums? We just lost a legend who did and j Cole who did as well. It helped them more because it was for the fans and the fans responded.  

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 3

you keep saying it's not about sales but her team did everything in their power to make sure people bought a copy of the album.  That's what the whole bundling thing was. You can't get to the museum without a receipt. Hell Joey even signed up on Twitter and ask us to send receipts. So your no sale it's all about the fans notion is :thumbdown: and who does free albums? We just lost a legend who did and j Cole who did as well. It helped them more because it was for the fans and the fans responded.  

even Miley Cyrus released a free album!!

the old and new generation of artists are more and more releasing free albums nowadays..

its not unheard of!

Ive read some comments here and I will stop and comment on one thing, the Iheart appearance was somewhat important for reasons people did not realize at the time, Iheart began not only promoting the show by using Janet as the headliner but iheart radio also did something most major radio outlets dont anymore, they played Janet's music, even if it was old school it brought Janet back into the discussion. I can say this much, as regards radio, as I have said before, you will hear Madonna, Michael, and Prince....but Janet? Not unless it's old school R&B and thats wrong :filenails:

• Upvote 3

Where do you think the critic got it from? Thin air? 

From her press release  

http://www.janetjackson.com/news/all/oct-2-wide-release-date-set-for-janet-jacksons-unbreakable#.VxkhEGNAjW0

Unbreakable is a gift to all of her fans who have steadfastly stood by her.

Don't come for me unless I send for you :coffee: 

:lmao::lmao: stop norm PLEASE!!! :lmao::lmao:

Find a PRESS RELEASE for one of her albums that doesn't mention that it's for her fans (again....WHAT ALBUM ISNT??).. No shit she wants her fans to buy it! :rolleyes:

Would it have been better if it instead said "this album is for all those out there who like music even just a little bit!"..? :unsure:

Didn't her site also post a press release stating that Rhythm Nation Records would be signing other talented artists...? What happened to that.??

Listen, unless Janet Jackson says FROM HER OWN LIPS that this album/era was strictly meant for her fans (and ONLY her fans) then just stfu Norm!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's bsidrs the point. 

That is the point.. 

Find a PRESS RELEASE for one of her albums that doesn't mention that it's for her fans (again....WHAT ALBUM ISNT??).. No shit she wants her fans to buy it! :rolleyes:

Would it have been better if it instead said "this album is for all those out there who like music even just a little bit!"..? :unsure:

Unbreakable was made for us.. I proved it... Now prove that it wasn't... I'll wait 

you keep saying it's not about sales but her team did everything in their power to make sure people bought a copy of the album. 

It was never about sales since There's no one to report to except herself. She's her own boss. 

She didn't make anyone buy anything.. They took it upon themselves.. It's called a business :sigh: it's like 

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

Unbreakable was made for us.. I proved it... Now prove that it wasn't... I'll wait 

but norm what fkn album isn't made for fans of that particular artist..?

if it were free then you could argue that it was truly a gift to fans.. But it wasn't free.. In fact, I spent $20 on it JUST to get early access to concert tickets, not counting the other copies I paid for....with money..

show me an official press release for any album by her that DOESNT state it's for fans! Or show me a direct quote form Janet's lips that it was intended to be heard ONLY by her fan base...

go ahead, I'll wait...

oh u can't find one..? No shock there..

keep reaching for the sky norm!

• Upvote 2