Janet & Wissam Having a Baby

J.

good bye meant "God be with you" 

You're crossing language with religion. Installah is Arabic. It doesn't mean the person saying it is Muslim

game good bye is Salam (peace on you)

Inchalah is "if God want to "

I'm middle eastern I know what I'm saying 

No one is singling out Islam. 

She's married to a muslim not a Jew, so how is it relevant that homosexuality is frowned upon in Judaism too?

LMAO I just can't. And for the record, all religions are pretty awful - Islam is just one of the worst. 

"Islamophobia" is just a term used to stifle any criticism against awful nonsense. 

Off course it is relevant - it's part of the bigger picture. You can't call someone a Christian and be OK with it and then not be OK with her being a Muslim because of the religions stance on sexuality when the other religions have the same stance. Where was the concern when she was a Christian? Judaism is mentioned because it makes up the third Abrahamic religion. If you don't get that - poor you. 

I guess in your head anti-Semitism is just a term too. Islamaphobia is basically along the lines of "I'm not racist but..." but with religion and not race.

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2

Google "Good Bye Origin" and then come back

It's a language not a religion 

To be fair - Inshallah probably pre-dates "Goodbye" since goodbye originates from the 16th century and Arabic predates that? My brain is fizzled out today though.

Off course it is relevant - it's part of the bigger picture. You can't call someone a Christian and be OK with it and then not be OK with her being a Muslim because of the religions stance on sexuality when the other religions have the same stance. Where was the concern when she was a Christian? Judaism is mentioned because it makes up the third Abrahamic religion. If you don't get that - poor you. 

I guess in your head anti-Semitism is just a term too. Islamaphobia is basically along the lines of "I'm not racist but..." but with religion and not race.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christianity has adapted its values. It's no longer commonplace to subject woman etc. Its far from perfect, but at least it's progressive. 21st century christianity is far more in line with Western ideals. 

Islam, unfortunately, is not progressive. It's blasphemy to even suggest that Muhammad silencing a female critic by chopping off her head, or having child brides is wrong. 

Certainly there was a time when other religions were more dangerous (Christianity with crusades, catholicism in the early 20th century, etc.) but right now it's Islam. 

Islam is a religion. It's a belief system. And its abhorrent beliefs should be attacked with discourse. criticising a belief system is not racism.

anti-semitism is something entirely different.

If Janet married a conservative christian, and suddenly started acting in such a manner, it's not something i could support either.

Edited by xoney

I'm wondering what do you know about Islam? 

I guess nothing. .. it's a beautiful religion and a peaceful one.

Maybe read the Coran and have your own point of view, it's not about hate but about love and peace.

Saying that a religion is awful is pretty offensive and insulting for all the Muslim.

my father is a muslim actually. So i do have first hand experience of it. 

a book that is 1/5 about love and the rest about war and hate is not a peaceful book.

Islam is the teachings of the prophet. the prophet was a warlord (engaged in 70+ conflicts), had the largest empire of all time, etc. 

I also find it offensive and insulting that a religion that has caused so much harm (to people I know personally and otherwise) is "beautiful and peaceful"

Offence works both ways. I won't stop expressing my opinion just because someone is "offended". I have the right to offend just as you have the right to be offended. 

But this is really off-topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The fans were there for every show

The fans was to keep them cool and again her background singers say their outfits were hot it would make sense that what Janet was wearing I that dubai heat was boiling hot

Let's rewind: He said he has turned down companies who wanted to expand in Dubai bc they serve pork & alcohol, ad photos, etc bc These companies wouldn't change their menus in order or style to market to the cultural of that region. 

no lets rewind with receipts. This is what he said.  So my comment on him sticking by his beliefs on not having surrogates stands. 

"It was my decision to be honest, I'm the one who is developing this division of the group. It was my choice not to venture into alcohol and pork because it's against my religion. It's really that simple- I thought it was the right decision to take. I think it's that easy

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christianity has adapted its values. It's no longer commonplace to subject woman etc. Its far from perfect, but at least it's progressive. 21st century christianity is far more in line with Western ideals. 

Islam, unfortunately, is not progressive. It's blasphemy to even suggest that Muhammad silencing a female critic by chopping off her head, or having child brides is wrong. 

Certainly there was a time when other religions were more dangerous (Christianity with crusades, catholicism in the early 20th century, etc.) but right now it's Islam. 

Islam is a religion. It's a belief system. And its abhorrent beliefs should be attacked with discourse. criticising a belief system is not racism.

Islam is a lot younger than Christianity though - it has yet still got to go through the wringer that allowed Christianity to modernise and "get with the times". I actually think it might be going through it now and I hope that the next 20-30 years sees the religion adapting more and modernising as it tries to distance itself from groups like Isis. 

All religions have it's pitfalls - I agree, they should be criticised. I'm not here for religion forcing it's views onto people and never will be. But I'm not here for the majority of people of any religion being "demonised" because of the actions of a few either. The majority of Muslims, especially in the west, don't fit into the blanket statements being made by some here. Islam in the west is different to Islam in the Middle East and even more different to Islam in the east. You must not know many Muslims in your life or you've had bad experiences. I'm Muslim. I like dick. I probably don't fit into what you think a Muslim is and I know plenty of Muslims like myself. I can't speak for the Middle East but I do think many Muslims have adapted to living in the west, especially the ones born here like myself. And that's a beautiful thing. 

Anti-Semitism is the same thing - hostility/prejudice against Jews i.e. a religion. Jews aren't a race either and I will never consider them to be. I don't think criticising makes anyone either. I think purposely hating and committing an act of hatred towards such groups does make one anti-Semitic and/or Islamaphobic. I'll never understand how someone that opposes Israel but has never said a bad thing about a Jew can be labelled an anti-Semite - that's wrong and stupid.

Edited by Dammn Bu

If Janet married a conservative christian, and suddenly started acting in such a manner, it's not something i could support either.

All religions, and relgious texts are open for iinterpretation. You dont see ALL Muslims chopping heads. You're generalizing Islam. Don't get me wrong, I find them all equally abhorent, delusional, dangerous, and of nothing but pure myths and even stupidity. But just like christianity, not all Muslims follow their version of the magical sky monster to its word. The bible is also abhorrent. People just don't practice it fully, because it's inconvenient, impractital, and unrealistic.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1

This is exhausting.

I love you Janet, be happy and do much better next time.

I'm tired of reading everyone's thoughts and discussing the tour/cancellations and promo and religions and medical issues.

See yall later.

Edited by Kishi
  • Upvote 4

All religions, andrelgious texts are opn for iinterpretation. You dont see ALL Muslims chpping heads. You're generalizing Islam. Don't get me wrong, I find them all equally abhorent, delusional, dangerous, and of nothing but pure myths and even stupidity. But just like christianity, not all Muslims follow their version of the magical sky monster to its word. The bible is also abhorrent. People just don't practice it fully, because it's inconvenient, impractital, and unrealistic.

This is what I tried to say. 

• Upvote 1

Christianity is against homosexuality too as is Judaism. Stop singling out Islam. 

the protestest Christian church allows gay ministers and in some churches gay marriage. It allows woman bishops. The head of the church of England/protest is a woman, the queen! 

Islam is dominated by men. Let's not pretend. 

Why do we sit back and tolerate it for political correctness when we should be questioning it just like we always seem to question anything wrong in christianity. If I had grown up a Muslim knowing how we live in the west, I would instantly be questioning it and rejecting it, because it just doesn't add up. So its totally bizarre to me if Janet's gone the other way. She's obviously seen something I don't see about the religion. Needle in a haystack. 

Edited by Freexone1
  • Upvote 1

the protest church allows gay ministers and in some churches gay marriage. It allows woman bishops. The head of the church of England/protest is a woman, the queen! 

The Bible doesn't.

gif10.gif?w=768

Islam is wrongfully dominated by men. Doesn't make what I said less true. Jodi said it right - books are open to interpretation but it doesn't mean everyone follows it to the t. None of the religions texts are here for homosexuality. The followers say otherwise. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

All religions, andrelgious texts are opn for iinterpretation. You dont see ALL Muslims chpping heads. You're generalizing Islam. Don't get me wrong, I find them all equally abhorent, delusional, dangerous, and of nothing but pure myths and even stupidity. But just like christianity, not all Muslims follow their version of the magical sky monster to its word. The bible is also abhorrent. People just don't practice it fully, because it's inconvenient, impractital, and unrealistic.

I agree. But I wasn't implying that and I don't think I'm generalising Islam. 

I merely used the decapitating example to say it's blasphemy for a Muslim to denounce any part of their religious text - and that's why Islam isn't progressing (or isn't progressing fast enough). 

Islam is a lot younger than Christianity though - it has yet still got to go through the wringer that allowed Christianity to modernise and "get with the times". I actually think it might be going through it now and I hope that the next 20-30 years sees the religion adapting more and modernising as it tries to distance itself from groups like Isis. 

All religions have it's pitfalls - I agree, they should be criticised. I'm not here for religion forcing it's views onto people and never will be. But I'm not here for the majority of people of any religion being "demonised" because of the actions of a few either. The majority of Muslims, especially in the west, don't fit into the blanket statements being made by some here. Islam in the west is different to Islam in the Middle East and even more different to Islam in the east. You must not know many Muslims in your life or you've had bad experiences. I'm Muslim. I like dick. I probably don't fit into what you think a Muslim is and I know plenty of Muslims like myself. I can't speak for the Middle East but I do think many Muslims have adapted to living in the west, especially the ones born here like myself. And that's a beautiful thing. 

Anti-Semitism is the same thing - hostility/prejudice against Jews i.e. a religion. Jews aren't a race either and I will never consider them to be. I don't think criticising makes anyone either. I think purposely hating and committing an act of hatred towards such groups does make one anti-Semitic and/or Islamaphobic. I'll never understand how someone that opposes Israel but has never said a bad thing about a Jew can be labelled an anti-Semite - that's wrong and stupid.

It is a younger religion. But I don't think we should twiddle our thumbs hoping for it to catch up. I'm far less optimistic about the situation than you are. 

• Upvote 1

I agree. But I wasn't implying that and I don't think I'm generalising Islam. 
I merely used the decapitating example to say it's blasphemy for a Muslim to denounce any part of their religious text - and that's why Islam isn't progressing (or isn't progressing fast enough). 

It is a younger religion. But I don't think we should twiddle our thumbs hoping for it to catch up. I'm far less optimistic about the situation than you are. 

We have no choice. 

We have no choice. 

That's not true. There are plenty of atheist and a small number of islam reformists who are creating an important discourse.

What DOESN'T help is the politicians who suggest that terrorist attacks by Muslims have nothing to do with "Islam" and who ignore many of the issues that are fostered by "multiculturalism".

Can you believe that we have the leaders of the free world claiming that they read the Quaran every day for inspiration. I mean, its just ridiculous. We have to stop being apologists for this behaviour - and stop being scared of being branded "islamophobic". Such a ridiculous term.

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 1

That's not true. There are plenty of atheist and a small number of islam reformists who are creating an important discourse.

What DOESN'T help is the politicians who suggest that terrorist attacks has nothing to do with "Islam" and who ignore many of the issues that are fostered by "multiculturalism".

What can you do to help Islam catch up? I don't see it? How can the process be sped up? 

Where are you from btw?

the protestest Christian church allows gay ministers and in some churches gay marriage. It allows woman bishops. The head of the church of England/protest is a woman, the queen! 

Why do we sit back and tolerate it for political correctness when we should be questioning it just like we always seem to question anything wrong in christianity. If I had grown up a Muslim knowing how we live in the west, I would instantly be questioning it and rejecting it, because it just doesn't add up. So its totally bizarre to me if Janet's gone the other way. She's obviously seen something I don't see about the religion. Needle in a haystack. 

It dosent matter whether they have gay ministers or not. The bible is agaisnt homosexuality, and even agaisnt women, calls for the stoning of unrully children, men are allowed to rape women, as long as they marry them, slavery is condoned, it is anti interracial marriage, and that's just the icing on the cake. The god of the bible, is as much of a homophobic, egomaniac, psycho asshole as the one in the Quran. So what the churches allow or not dosent take away the content in the book.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1

Actually, Islam has progressed socially. However, we still have those oppressive assholes. Janet, as anyone of us, is free to practice whatever religion she likes. If she followed it to its word, zi doubt she would be touring, singing, ans performing IF, have Gil as a friend, and put out albums, and allow gay men to dress and put makeup on her. So I don't understand why anyone would criticize her for suposedly converting to Islam, when she used to be Christian, another oppressive, anti gay religion.

• Upvote 1