Janet & Wissam Having a Baby

J.

Because the future on her child depends on great health (especially for her age) and taking care of self... Not following some ancient fairytale book. 

Religion is not healthcare. Prayer isn't healthcare... You also mentioned Allah for some reason. Janet literally says God in that same song :lmao: and many other songs. She never came out as Muslim.. Quit assuming 

Your cynacism doesn't make some else's faith and the results of said faith void. Whether she said Allah or God it does not discredit her being a Muslim. I believe actions and there is other language besides direct words such as symbolism, body language, suggestive, & many more. So you're assuming she's not because she didn't say it, I'm assuming she is because she seems to be promoting it IRONICALLY now that she's tied into a traditionally Muslim family. All the way down to procreating, and I'm very sure that child will be Muslim like its mother and father. 

Also despite the common belief about women being in such bad shape to have children later in life, Janet comes from a mother who had her "late".  Genetically she might be just fine having that child later. It wasn't uncommon for women in the past to do it. I'm sure under the right care and with her strong faith guiding them she will have health. Also, for faith & belief to play no parts in healthcare there seems to be miracles that go unexplained in healthcare. 

• Upvote 1

It's really sad how Islamphobic some Janet fans are. 

People create this cariacture of Wissam as this big scary Muslim man that controls every facet of her life without having any sort of proof and or experience with Islam and or Muslims. 

Also the way some fans(mostly men) police her body as if she owes it to them to show skin in an ironic way is just as misogynistic  as those who force women to cover. Having agency is a two way street  and Janet has exercised both extremes in her life and has lived in her authentic truth. 

We don't know if she's Muslim(I'm inclined to believe so) but she married a Muslim man who she obviously loves so please stop trying to denigrate her husband and his religion by extension because you're unhappy.

"Cause I don't see why loving someone or what I do seems so radical to you" 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

She's obviously a Muslim now. An American (assumed to be Christian as of 2011, confirmed in 'true you') doesn't just start saying 'inshallah' for the fun of it. 

Whats islamophobic? What's wrong with having an issue with a religion that is the furthest from our western values. That's not islamophobic, it's just genuine concern. 

Janet becoming a Muslim doesn't add up. It's not her. This is a woman who once sang free xone, now endorsing a religion that is so against homosexuality. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find that 'peaceful'. 

Janet is not in control if she is indeed following the religion and living in the Middle East. Given that she is married to a Muslim man who lives in the Middle East, one can assume she has converted. 

Edited by Freexone1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

She's obviously a Muslim now. An American (assumed to be Christian as of 2011, confirmed in 'true you') doesn't just start saying 'inshallah' for the fun of it. 

Whats islamophobic? What's wrong with having an issue with a religion that is the furthest from our western values. That's not islamophobic, it's just genuine concern. 

Janet becoming a Muslim doesn't add up. It's not her. This is a woman who once sang free xone, now endorsing a religion that is so against homosexuality. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find that 'peaceful'. 

Janet is not in control if she is indeed following the religion and living in the Middle East. Given that she is married to a Muslim man who lives in the Middle East, one can assume she has converted. 

Christianity is against homosexuality too as is Judaism. Stop singling out Islam. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Don't use gay rights to justify your bigotry. Like others have said none of the 3 Abrahamic faiths explicitly endorse homosexuality and if that's really your concern you would be advocating that Janet be an atheist. Janet didn't marry an Imam(Islamic faith leader/preacher) she married a Qatari billionaire educated in the West. The fact that they even dated before marriage and that he was interested in a woman married previously is indicative of the fact that he's not necessarily a strict Muslim. I won't comment on his religiosity since that's between him and Allah(swt) but to pretend that because you're X religion you follow everything to the T and have to hate anyone is a reach. 

In the West you have trans people  beat and killed every day, "re-education" camps that attempt to convert gay people, etc so to insinsuate that "Muslims" or people in the third world/non-West are more bigoted than their Western counterparts is a reach.

I guarantee you Wissam over the past decade has been around Janet's LGBTQ friends and I doubt Janet would have remained in a relationship with someone who actively discriminated against that community.

And what do you mean by "our" Western values? Not everyone in the West is an Anglo-saxon christian and the values you speak of are hegemonic and are the result of hundreds of years of colonialism and white supremacy. The West is made up of several different ethnicities, cultures, and religions.

Janet is very lowkey and besides saying "inshAllah", dressing a bit more modestly, and song lyrics she doesn't make her religion a focal point of her public identity. Even when she was a Christian she didn't preach to people and took a more laid back "spiritual" approach. 

If you think Islam is a religion of hatred then what's your solution seeing as 1.3 billion people identify as Muslim(including myself). Are you going to avoid us? Deport us? Kill us? Convert us like the Europeans did the Jews during the Inquisition? 

Yes this is a discussion board but I don't think you're an expert on Islam and I don't think it's fair for you to imply that Janet is being coerced or is somehow going against her values. 

Until Janet/Wissam go on a homophobic rant please LUFTA

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Inshallah is equivalent to saying "good bye" which derives from "God be with you". It's has nothing to do with religion as it does with language. Just bc Janet learned a new word in a foreign language does not make her that language's official religion. That's what makes it a phobia and ignorant. 

• Upvote 1

Your cynacism doesn't make some else's faith and the results of said faith void. Whether she said Allah or God it does not discredit her being a Muslim. I believe actions and there is other language besides direct words such as symbolism, body language, suggestive, & many more. So you're assuming she's not because she didn't say it, I'm assuming she is because she seems to be promoting it IRONICALLY now that she's tied into a traditionally Muslim family. All the way down to procreating, and I'm very sure that child will be Muslim like its mother and father. 

Also despite the common belief about women being in such bad shape to have children later in life, Janet comes from a mother who had her "late".  Genetically she might be just fine having that child later. It wasn't uncommon for women in the past to do it. I'm sure under the right care and with her strong faith guiding them she will have health. Also, for faith & belief to play no parts in healthcare there seems to be miracles that go unexplained in healthcare. 

>_< I don't care what you believe. Your "belief" is a stack of assumptions 

Religion isn't healthcare 

PS: Kathy was 35 when she birth Janet Damita Jo Jackson. 35. Not 50. Proof you're talking out your ass 

He said himself he has lost money because he will not associate with businesses that operate with alcoholic beverages 

Let's rewind: He said he has turned down companies who wanted to expand in Dubai bc they serve pork & alcohol, ad photos, etc bc These companies wouldn't change their menus in order or style to market to the cultural of that region. 

• Upvote 1

Don't use gay rights to justify your bigotry. Like others have said none of the 3 Abrahamic faiths explicitly endorse homosexuality and if that's really your concern you would be advocating that Janet be an atheist. Janet didn't marry an Imam(Islamic faith leader/preacher) she married a Qatari billionaire educated in the West. The fact that they even dated before marriage and that he was interested in a woman married previously is indicative of the fact that he's not necessarily a strict Muslim. I won't comment on his religiosity since that's between him and Allah(swt) but to pretend that because you're X religion you follow everything to the T and have to hate anyone is a reach. 

In the West you have trans people  beat and killed every day, "re-education" camps that attempt to convert gay people, etc so to insinsuate that "Muslims" or people in the third world/non-West are more bigoted than their Western counterparts is a reach.

I guarantee you Wissam over the past decade has been around Janet's LGBTQ friends and I doubt Janet would have remained in a relationship with someone who actively discriminated against that community.

And what do you mean by "our" Western values? Not everyone in the West is an Anglo-saxon christian and the values you speak of are hegemonic and are the result of hundreds of years of colonialism and white supremacy. The West is made up of several different ethnicities, cultures, and religions.

Janet is very lowkey and besides saying "inshAllah", dressing a bit more modestly, and song lyrics she doesn't make her religion a focal point of her public identity. Even when she was a Christian she didn't preach to people and took a more laid back "spiritual" approach. 

If you think Islam is a religion of hatred then what's your solution seeing as 1.3 billion people identify as Muslim(including myself). Are you going to avoid us? Deport us? Kill us? Convert us like the Europeans did the Jews during the Inquisition? 

Yes this is a discussion board but I don't think you're an expert on Islam and I don't think it's fair for you to imply that Janet is being coerced or is somehow going against her values. 

Until Janet/Wissam go on a homophobic rant please LUFTA

DRAG ha!

tumblr_o1u0gx5WNa1tlh3n3o1_250.gif

• Upvote 4

So you have a problem with Islam but not christianity? Because christianity is aslo against homosexuals. In fact, the god of the bible, calls soecifically for gay men to be "put to death." Janet is also friends with Gil. So what the hell are you talking about? Just like followers of the bible. Many Muslims ignore the horrors in the Quran, and are modernized. Not all of Islam is ISIS! That was a mouth full of racist, Islamaphobic, and empty assumtions you made in one post.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Christianity is against homosexuality too as is Judaism. Stop singling out Islam. 

No one is singling out Islam. 

She's married to a muslim not a Jew, so how is it relevant that homosexuality is frowned upon in Judaism too?

LMAO I just can't. And for the record, all religions are pretty awful - Islam is just one of the worst. 

"Islamophobia" is just a term used to stifle any criticism against awful nonsense. 

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Inshallah is equivalent to saying "good bye" which derives from "God be with you". It's has nothing to do with religion as it does with language. Just bc Janet learned a new word in a foreign language does not make her that language's official religion. That's what makes it a phobia and ignorant. 

Inshalah is not a good bye it's mean " if God want " and we are not saying that just to be cute. janet always choose the right word, she is definetely more Muslim than something else. 

No one is singling out Islam. 

She's married to a muslim not a Jew, so how is it relevant that homosexuality is frowned upon in Judaism too?

LMAO I just can't. And for the record, all religions are pretty awful - Islam is just one of the worst. 

"Islamophobia" is just a term used to stifle any criticism against awful nonsense. 

I'm wondering what do you know about Islam? 

I guess nothing. .. it's a beautiful religion and a peaceful one.

Maybe read the Coran and have your own point of view, it's not about hate but about love and peace.

Saying that a religion is awful is pretty offensive and insulting for all the Muslim.

• Downvote 2

I mean how great it must be to just put on a niqab and go to a shopping mall unrecognized like a normal person. J & W seem very happy together. I'm sure he is very happy - he can have the sexy J

just for your information you can wear a dress or a skirt and go to shopping in middle east. 

Don't be so reductive about middle east. 

Inshalah is not a good bye it's mean " if God want " and we are not saying that just to be cute. janet always choose the right word, she is definetely more Muslim than something else. 

good bye meant "God be with you" 

You're crossing language with religion. Installah is Arabic. It doesn't mean the person saying it is Muslim

All this is pure speculation, so I apologize if I hurt someone's feelings. But... We can criticize her religious beliefs but the fact is that she has chosen to be with a muslim guy, she has chosen to be a muslim (at least that's what I believe) and she has chosen to live in a strict muslim country, she has chosen a new life. Maybe, for this new life, she has had to make difficult choices and sacrifices, but maybe it has also given her so many good things that she feels its worth it. Maybe she even thinks it's much better than her older life. We don't know! Yes, sometimes I do wonder how the Moist/Anything/Discipline/Freexone Janet chose to move to a country so different from her origin, but maybe she enjoys it. I mean how great it must be to just put on a niqab and go to a shopping mall unrecognized like a normal person. J & W seem very happy together. I'm sure he is very happy - he can have the sexy Janet & the nipples all to himself. :D lol I always felt J is kind of very submissive, super sweet, loyal and kind partner, and she has even stated in interviews herself how she learned from her mother to "stick by her man no matter what". I could definitely imagine her as the housewife type. So in that sense it doesn't surprise me that she ended up with a Middle Eastern man. The life is different and in many ways more controlled but I'm sure there are lots of things she enjoys about her new life.

What you believe and what is factual are two different things.

Your belief is just that.. Opinion. Poorly constructed opinion