As a Janet stan, how do you feel about...

moonlight

It's not based off what I think. It's common sense. People don't listen to the same artist consistently and purchase their records just because. They do so because there's a connection they feel to their music or something about the artist they can identify with. It's not that hard to understand.

That connection might not be based on identifying with someone - it might simply be down to liking a certain sound for whatever reason, etc. Sometimes good music is just good music.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not based off what I think. It's common sense. People don't listen to the same artist consistently and purchase their records just because. They do so because there's a connection they feel to their music or something about the artist they can identify with. It's not that hard to understand.

Being a listener of a certain artist comes with such a broad territory tho.

Think of 90's Whitney ..some folks just simply LOVED her voice.They feel her voice is a gift from GOD. Therefore they want to be entangled in that heavenly voice. It doesnt mean ALL of her fans related to her music.

Sade, can we ALL relate to Sade or do some of us just like her "sound" musically. Its so many factors ..is my point. Its not just ONE reason why someone can be a listener/fan of an artist...thats all Im saying.

Think of 90's Whitney ..some folks just simply LOVED her voice.They feel her voice is a gift from GOD. Therefore they want to be entangled in that heavenly voice. It doesnt mean ALL of her fans related to her music.

Sade, can we ALL relate to Sade or do some of us just like her "sound" musically. Its so many factors ..is my point. Its not just ONE reason why someone can be a listener/fan of an artist...thats all Im saying.

!!!!!

As im growing older I find myself relating more to sound than vocals. I often listen to some music out of my language based off of sound. Sometimes I really like the vocie too, but If they have a nice sound as well its wonderful. :blush:

!!!!!

As im growing older I find myself relating more to sound than vocals. I often listen to some music out of my language based off of sound. Sometimes I really like the vocie too, but If they have a nice sound as well its wonderful. :blush:

You are bringing up yet ANOTHER factor that backs up my stance on this debate! I thank you :wub:

There are PLENTLY of folks that listen to foreign music and have NO IDEA what the artist is talking about but they just know it sounds GOOD!!! Look at all the folks MJ appealed to..alot of his STANS had no clue wtf he was talking about but his music,his "sound" just grabbed you. So the "identify with" arguement fails

That connection might not be based on identifying with someone - it might simply be down to liking a certain sound for whatever reason, etc. Sometimes good music is just good music.

I'm talking people that follow certain artists for long periods of time. It's beyond the music just being good music.

I never said there was just one reason :sigh: You're doing way too much right now.

You are bringing up yet ANOTHER factor that backs up my stance on this debate! I thank you :wub:

There are PLENTLY of folks that listen to foreign music and have NO IDEA what the artist is talking about but they just know it sounds GOOD!!! Look at all the folks MJ appealed to..alot of his STANS had no clue wtf he was talking about but his music,his "sound" just grabbed you. So the "identify with" arguement fails

You need to go look up the meaning of 'identify'...

What separates Janet and Madonna is Madonna's Hustle....

IMO Janet >>>>>>>>>>>>> Madonna, but Madonna presents her package way better than Janet which is what brought Madonna such Massive success. Especially after 2000... I always looked at them as equally successful until around 2000

Janets been in Chill mode since 2004... She's been there done that and bought a T-shirt, but Madonna wants to keep going hard body.

This whole time you've been saying they IDENTIFY with who they listen to. That WAS your one reason..if not then why were you debating me?

Because they do and I'm not trying to argue with. You're the one that quoted me, not the other way around.

and you can go look up 'relate' ..

You don't make any sense. Identify and relate are both synonymous.

What separates Janet and Madonna is Madonna's Hustle....

IMO Janet >>>>>>>>>>>>> Madonna, but Madonna presents her package way better than Janet which is what brought Madonna such Massive success. Especially after 2000... I always looked at them as equally successful until around 2000

Janets been in Chill mode since 2004... She's been there done that and bought a T-shirt, but Madonna wants to keep going hard body.

I STRONGLY disagree.

Janet hustle has been unlike anybody in the game in the last 6 or 7 years. She just hasn't had the success.

You can't name anybody who has worked as hard as Janet. MAYBE Beyonce and MAYBE Mariah....but they haven't gone half of what Janet has since 2004.

Dealing with labels not supporting her, industry politics that took her music and videos off of virtually every major media outlet, and couple that with the usual shade that happens when you reach 40 in the entertainment industry as a woman.

Nobody in the industry has worked harder than Janet Jackson in the last few years. The tide is just finally beginning to turn in her favor now. Most people wouldn't have had the strength to stick around and endure all of that bullshit

Because they do and I'm not trying to argue with. You're the one that quoted me, not the other way around.

You don't make any sense. Identify and relate are both synonymous.

Becuz I disagreed with your statement and challenged it .Thats what ppl do on forums.. y'know

Eggsactlyyyyyyyyyy

Im done with you :wave:

I STRONGLY disagree.

Janet hustle has been unlike anybody in the game in the last 6 or 7 years. She just hasn't had the success.

You can't name anybody who has worked as hard as Janet. MAYBE Beyonce and MAYBE Mariah....but they haven't gone half of what Janet has since 2004.

Dealing with labels not supporting her, industry politics that took her music and videos off of virtually every major media outlet, and couple that with the usual shade that happens when you reach 40 in the entertainment industry as a woman.

Nobody in the industry has worked harder than Janet Jackson in the last few years. The tide is just finally beginning to turn in her favor now. Most people wouldn't have had the strength to stick around and endure all of that bullshit

Janet worked her ass off but I don't think she has the same drive she had this time 10, 15, and 20 years ago... I think Madonna still has the same drive she had since she started and that's why she's had those hugely successful tours. Janet doesn't lose sleep over the business anymore, if something doesn't go well, OH WELL. Madonna on the other hand will spin on her head and do taboo if 20 dollars are on the table. I don't think its a bad thing I just think Janet is honestly still in the business for her fans. Madonna is still trying to pull in new fans which would explain why she's prancing in a unitard humping Justin...

LOL, Madonna's AND Beyonce's hustle >>>>> Janet's. You can't deny this.

Yes I can and I do...

Success does not speak to one's hustle, and none of those bitches can come for Janet's hustle of the last few years.

Janet worked her ass off but I don't think she has the same drive she had this time 10, 15, and 20 years ago... I think Madonna still has the same drive she had since she started and that's why she's had those hugely successful tours. Janet doesn't lose sleep over the business anymore, if something doesn't go well, OH WELL. Madonna on the other hand will spin on her head and do taboo for if 20 dollars are on the table. I don't think its a bad thing I just think Janet is honestly still in the business for her fans. Madonna is still trying to pull in new fans which would explain why she's prancing in a unitard humping Justin...

Again, I disagree...

As I said to artisthekey, success does not speak to ones hustle. We can easily say Madonna has more hustle based on success, but Janet has worked her ass off.

Three albums, two labels, mounting a tour with seemingly no support, the BS she's dealt with from pop radio and MTV?

I can't think of anyone in the game who's had to deal with all of that. Careers have ENDED because of less bs and Janet is STILL here, without being reduced to guest starring in the reality tv shows, doing it.

That is HUSTLE! No one can come for Janet's hustle

Yes I can and I do...

Success does not speak to one's hustle, and none of those bitches can come for Janet's hustle of the last few years.

Again, I disagree...

As I said to artisthekey, success does not speak to ones hustle. We can easily say Madonna has more hustle based on success, but Janet has worked her ass off.

Three albums, two labels, mounting a tour with seemingly no support, the BS she's dealt with from pop radio and MTV?

I can't think of anyone in the game who's had to deal with all of that. Careers have ENDED because of less bs and Janet is STILL here, without being reduced to guest starring in the reality tv shows, doing it.

That is HUSTLE! No one can come for Janet's hustle

If you say so :cheers:

Archived