As a Janet stan, how do you feel about...

moonlight

Madonna

madonna18.jpg

Her & Janet have been compared in their careers & I'm just curious to hear how JJ stans feel about her in general

Her music

Her voice

Her image

Her artistry

Her videos

Her performance skills

The controversy shes accumulated over her 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ year career

Do you have a favorite album, song and/or video from her

Do you feel shes overrated etc...etc...??

Discuss... ^_^

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care for Madonna. I like a few of her songs nd that's about it. I don't like her stans though nd how they constantly try to shade Janet... and how they always bring up the Sticky And Sweet Tour gross

hm yeah i can't stand Vadge's stans that's why im not part of her forums .

Janet is of course my No.1, but Madonna is great as well. Both has definitely paved the way for the artists of today.

I have respect for Madonna, she has kept on moving - whether or not the media is on her side. She continues to work, sing, put out dance tracks for all of the gays out there. :cheer:

Janet and Madonna needs to duet - it would be as amazing as "Scream." :yahoo: I just know it would!

Janet is of course my No.1, but Madonna is great as well. Both has definitely paved the way for the artists of today.

I have respect for Madonna, she has kept on moving - whether or not the media is on her side. She continues to work, sing, put out dance tracks for all of the gays out there. :cheer:

Janet and Madonna needs to duet - it would be as amazing as "Scream." :yahoo: I just know it would!

Yass I would love if they collabed

I love Madonna. :thumbup:

She's pretty much the equivalent to Janet in terms of the grand scheme of things. From albums, to videos, to performances, they are pretty much one in the same. Madonna is the only female that remotely comparable to Janet in terms of them being the most influential and impact wise.

Favorite album - Bedtime Stories (it's only one I've heard in full)

Favorite song - Take A Bow

Her music - dated

Her voice - horrid

Her image - never attractive

Her artistry - poop smeared on a canvas ≠ art

Her videos - No

Her performance skills - SNOREVILLE

The controversy shes accumulated over her 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ year career - her anti-Christ antics are old

Do you have a favorite album, song and/or video from her

Do you feel shes overrated etc...etc...?? - she's 110% the most non-vocal talented artist out there...

I like a lot of Madonna's songs, and I have respect for her and what she's accomplished (in terms of music, image, etc.), but I've never felt enough of a connection with her to really call myself a fan. There's something about her that puts me off.

This, plus it bothers me when white artists cop what black artists have done previously and have wider success with it and the audience treats the work as though it's brand new and original. I call that Elvis Syndrome.

I am a fan of both I love Madonna and Janet, always liked Janet more, even though Janet doesn't get the props like Madonna does I always thought as LA Reid said Janet always had the better records, its funny how time allows you perspective, if you look back and compare RN to Vogue, Janet actually slayed Madonna for a few years Madonna ran with her image and controversy the music and videos took a back seat (for awhile) during this time Janet had better music, better dancing, and better videos, and the awards Janet won reflected that :filenails:

I respect Madonna for her hustle, she is smart, and her music got better, her image less sex based, she evolved and continue to stay in the game, I think her time is running out though you can't put her on the radio for shit, and her album sales have slid much like all others have, but that bitch can pack a stadium which is really where the money is :filenails:

My "stanism" for Janet has NEVER altered my respect for Madonna (maybe because I've never seen or understood the comparison)

The woman has an incredible catalog,PERIOD. You cant even argue that. Its not too much of her shit that I haven't liked. But I dont own any of her albums..becuz after all I am a JANET STAN :devil:

I respect Madonna for her hustle, she is smart, and her music got better, her image less sex based, she evolved and continue to stay in the game, I think her time is running out though you can't put her on the radio for shit, and her album sales have slid much like all others have, but that bitch can pack a stadium which is really where the money is :filenails:

I actually think Madonna can find a place on radio imo. Especially since she did dance music thats kinda similar to whats hot ow back in 05. She just has to promote but to my knowledge she doesnt really promote that well(at least for her last two albums) nor do I think she cares as long as she can tour. Not to mention I wanna say she at least got a top 10 from both her last albums so thats not bad for someone whose been in the game for as long as she has.

I enjoy many of Madonna's songs. She's a crafty artist that knows what she wants and goes for it. I don't think she's as talented as many make her out to be but I respect her longevity, ability to sustain popularity and generate interest 30+ years into her career.

She's pretty much the equivalent to Janet in terms of the grand scheme of things. From albums, to videos, to performances, they are pretty much one in the same.

:mellow:

Not at all. Two completely different artists.

Archived