As a Janet stan, how do you feel about...

moonlight

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blatin :unsure:

well he is getting cantankerous he can't stand the word "nigga" even when niggas be acting like niggas, sometimes I just mix it up for Blatin and call em coons instead :filenails: he swear he was mad at that thread with the girls fighting but he failed chile, them hoes were acting like coons shit :coffee:

well he is getting cantankerous he can't stand the word "nigga" even when niggas be acting like niggas, sometimes I just mix it up for Blatin and call em coons instead :filenails: he swear he was mad at that thread with the girls fighting but he failed chile, them hoes were acting like coons shit :coffee:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He's going to snatch your wig. -_-

...and I'm going to help him!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

Cheering on the sidelines doesn't count :filenails:

What's your point?

Because you said ppl choose to be fans of artists they can identify with.

In this case...from my understanding those white suburban kids are huge fans of the Jay's,50 cent,T.I.etc because they CANT relate but their stories (musically) intrigues them.They tune in because they wanna hear about the "gutter world" and wahts that like becuz they're so far from that world. So what you said is NOT always the case is my point.

but let me keep it 100 on Blatin, he is a hard core stan, a brutha to the end and he speak his mind, he is strong minded and willed but damn dat dem girls was all brands of niggas :filenails: best coonery I den seen in a minute dat shit better den da zoo :clapping:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes, that's very true.

I'm white and from what I guess would be considered a more or less suburban setting, and I don't think identifying with someone necessarily makes me more inclined to listen to their music.

Exactly. Dont get me wrong of course in some instances the base of ur love for an artist can be from a relatable stand point. But there are FAR more other factors that play a part into why you may like a particular artist. To just generalize it like that seemed rather bizarre.

Exactly. Dont get me wrong of course in some instances the base of ur love for an artist can be from a relatable stand point. But there are FAR more other factors that play a part into why you may like a particular artist. To just generalize it like that seemed rather bizarre.

:cheers: that explains why I never fucked with Ashanti :thumbdown:

Because you said ppl choose to be fans of artists they can identify with.

In this case...from my understanding those white suburban kids are huge fans of the Jay's,50 cent,T.I.etc because they CANT relate but their stories (musically) intrigues them.They tune in because they wanna here about the "gutter world". So what you said is NOT always the case is my point.

White people in general are the largest consumers in the Hip-Hop community. This is a known fact. But they choose to identify with these artists. Key word: choose. There was obviously something in the artist and their music they can identify and connect with.

White people in general are the largest consumers in the Hip-Hop community. This is a known fact. But they choose to identify with these artists. Key word: choose. There was obviously something in the artist and their music they can identify and connect with.

I cant stand when they on campus with they pants hanging off they asses that shit look stupid as hell two white dudes walking side by side sagging :thumbdown:

Thats debatable ..you CAN'T put every listener or fan under the same umbrella.

For instance,Im a MJB fan but I dont relate to her AT ALL but what intrigues me is her story,conviction,and fight. Its like watching someone deal with their demons right before your very eyes. Its not that I relate to her.Listeners IF ANYTHING wanna be taken on a journey that they may not be too familiar with.

An older Janet fan explained it like this..he said that Whitney and Mariah were singers..and just that..Madonna and Janet were more artistic than them because they didn't have the best voices, but used other means to sell music..He said they will always be remembered more than the singers because of their ability to fuse both their image and music.

the funk ... i've said something similar to that back in what 04/05 on the other forum during the MTQ messy fights :umm:

as jbailey said , Vadge has little musical talent. She is a markting genius and knows how to sell her product like no other.

She's able to look further like she'll see something that has a big chance of becoming popular will grab it , call it her own and get props from it . She is not afraid to go for it

She has what alot of artists lack ... Vision

She knows that she has to change in order to get some interest and that is why she was able to give soo much life to her career with the Ray Of Light album.

i love her :wub:

I cant stand when they on campus with they pants hanging off they asses that shit look stupid as hell two white dudes walking side by side sagging :thumbdown:

Well hip hop over the years have become such an influence on pop culture.. hip hop is POP music now. So thats why you see the white boys saggin.

:lol:

It's all a part of the Hip-Hop phenomenon that is embedded in American culture. -_-

Thats debatable ..you CAN'T put every listener or fan under the same umbrella.

For instance,Im a MJB fan but I dont relate to her AT ALL but what intrigues me is her story,conviction,and fight. Its like watching someone deal with their demons before your very eyes. Its not that I relate to her.

Yea, it's debatable but the majority of music listeners are intrigued by artists they can identify with whether it be their lyrical content or real life story.

:lol:

It's all a part of the Hip-Hop phenomenon that is embedded in American culture. -_-

Yea, it's debatable but the majority of music listeners are intrigued by artists they can identify with whether it be their lyrical content or real life story.

Says who? you? ...I can see we're gonna have to agree to disagree because your analogy is based more off of what you "think" instead of actually facts. Its billions of ppl on this planet...how can we say either/or. At least I am saying it can be from a relatable aspect or just for a story but you talking MAJORITY...you can't boldly put a stamp on music consumers like that.

Says who? you? ...I can see we're gonna have to agree to disagree because your analogy is based more off of what you "think" instead of actually facts. Its billions of ppl on this planet...how can we say either/or. At least I am saying it can be from a relatable aspect or just for a story but you talking MAJORITY...you can't boldly put a stamp on music consumers like that.

It's not based off what I think. It's common sense. People don't listen to the same artist consistently and purchase their records just because. They do so because there's a connection they feel to their music or something about the artist they can identify with. It's not that hard to understand.

Archived