As a Janet stan, how do you feel about...

moonlight

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the label she was on dissapeared or merged shortly after. Do you think they were counting on her to make it so that they wouldnt have to come to that?

I don't see what that has to do with this conversation, lol. I assume your talking about contracts...as I said before, it would depend on the contract, but I think it's very few that can take as long as they want between projects. It's just not economical in a industry that constantly evolving and looking for the next big thing. Especially with contracts like Mike, Janet, and others were signing at that time. Janet and Mike had about the longest gap between projects (with Michael's gaps being the longest), but even still Janet usually did a two gap between her projects. That changed because of changing times in the industry and her projects not receiving the necessary support from labels and lack airplay for singles and videos. All of that made the "eras" shorter after 2004...

poor thang

I'd be mad if I couldn't bow out gracefully

tumblr_laeywset3Z1qe43j8o1_500.gif

*continuing to celebrate your anger*

chris-vi.gif

That gif is priceless :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's not that damn funny. <_<

I don't remember such agreement. B)

We made an agreement that gif would never see the light of day if I apologized to a certain Neanderthal on twitter. <_<

I'll be making two more gifs to represent when he's getting dragged. :excited:

:sigh:

I said snatching...not cleanup...

read.jpg

mmmhmmm

That was probably gif you were referring to. It flopped. You :fail:

:coffee:

I'm saving mine for later when everyone is just getting him...I might do another scalping gif later -_-

:umm:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

She's my second fave, to Janet.

My favorite Madge album is American Life.

I couldn't pick a favorite song.

My favorite Madge video is probably either Music or Vogue.

I've never seen her live, and I want to on the next tour.

Despite being a huge bitch, she's probably the only big diva who has been able to communicate real, human emotions through her music over the years. The only exception is probably Hard Candy. Madonna has very cold, non-emotive vocals, but her lyrics say it all. And the bitch thing is fun too. She's never come off as insane or overly scripted in an interview, like Mariah and Jan respectively.

I don't know what else to say. All the time I discover the greatness of an M song that I had formerly neglected. Most recently I fell in love with "Where Life Begins" and "Inside of Me." I adore her visuals, her concepts, her brash intelligence--she's the full package. All she lacks is a good set of pipes, but she's made so many pop classics that it's easily overlooked.

It's okay. You can go to bed, I know you're tired of trying to get a grip on my wig.

tossandturn-vi964.gif

My wig is just too secure. B) I know it must be frustrating. -_-

well I'll give you time to glue back in those patches I snatched out the back and the sides... goodnight

1z53ya1.jpg

Also,

Madonna is an image driven artist, Janet isn't.

Madonna predominantly depends on props to put on a show, Janet doesn't.

Madonna's selling point is her image/brand, Janet's is her dancing.

There's a difference.

Janet isn't image-driven? Really?

Janet's stage is literally filled with distractions... on every tour. Madonna's distractions are just better. Both of them can own a stage by themselves.

That is true. Although I think that it's become more clear over the years that Madonna's selling point is her music. The public was over her in '03 but when she shat with Confessions in 2005 they came crawling back. That didn't have much to do with image--she was hardly promoting herself during that era, and yet the album sold 10M copies, "Hung Up" went to #1 in over 40 countries and she scored a record-breaking tour.

I left my keys on the table...

and I SAID GOODNIGHT... get it together

miypls.jpg

Awww, so mad that you can't even sleep...

mizy3m.jpg

Poor thing -_-

And I said I was going to post it later ^_^ Seems like you have very poor comprehension skills :filenails:

You've already proven that you're a thief...you stole his shit :filenails:

And I said you didn't have a gif to post :coffee:

I already proved that I wasn't a thief and where I gave you proof of where I got the gifs from. :coffee:

And I said you didn't have a gif to post :coffee:

I already proved that I wasn't a thief and where I gave you proof of where I got the gifs from. :coffee:

Oh well..it's still not being posted until later :filenails:

Why create gifs when you can steal them

10wjij6.gif

:excited:

Come again :filenails:

From Weezy...he's influenced you the most :filenails:

Archived