As a Janet stan, how do you feel about...

moonlight

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Janet and Madonna are known for their diminutive voices so they compensate for it in other ways. Both of them are known for their artistic, creative, and ground breaking albums. Both are known as having videos that set standards. Both of them employ visual artistry as a means of illustrating their art. Madonna uses her videos as her main medium for that. Janet uses videos and dance as hers. Their music is nearly parallel. They've both been exploratory in terms of their sound, venturing into different genres of music and experimenting with sounds. Both create their music encompassing autobiographical and non-autobiographical topics such as racism, political issues, self-awareness, self-expression, sex, etc.

They are pretty much one in the same, as I said.

No, they're not.

Both have completely different sounds, different approach in performing and so on and so forth.

Actually having seen BOTH artists VERY up close, Madonna can't dance for shit never could :filenails: she can't sing either, but she doesn't try either, Madonna is a genius with marketing and manipulation that is about where it is, and that has made the difference for her, at my age I realize now more than ever that race does matter, white folks love them sum Madonna, they hang on her like it aint shit, Janet said in an interview that for the Black artists it is always harder and it defintely without question IS, Britney Spears for example has no talent whatsoever but with a great team behind her, great producers and folks that "put" the "package" together steal from Madonna AND Janet, cause she has STOLEN from Janet, the bitch is on point, BUT let a beautiful young black girl do all Britney did and not as many people would be checking for her, all these lil white girls were raised during the "teen pop sensation" you know Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Britney, they looked up to Britney and now they're all on MTV's Teen mom :filenails: I think niggas can get the last laugh if we look back and see what Britney did she stole from niggas you know the "Elvis Syndrome" then taught all the lil white girls to be whores :filenails: oh and who can forget this: in the back of an ambulance on her way to the looney bin :filenails:

BritneySpears4Jan2008B.jpg

Both Janet and Madonna are known for their diminutive voices so they compensate for it in other ways. Both of them are known for their artistic, creative, and ground breaking albums. Both are known as having videos that set standards. Both of them employ visual artistry as a means of illustrating their art. Madonna uses her videos as her main medium for that. Janet uses videos and dance as hers. Their music is nearly parallel. They've both been exploratory in terms of their sound, venturing into different genres of music and experimenting with sounds. Both create their music encompassing autobiographical and non-autobiographical topics such as racism, political issues, self-awareness, self-expression, sex, etc.

They are pretty much one in the same, as I said.

I disagree Janet "jammed" shit give Madonna "What About That" "So Much Betta" "If" "Thats The Way Love Goes" "Nasty" she could never rock them tunes sorry boo :filenails:

When you say they're one in the same, you're basically saying they're identical which they're not.

I understand their similarities but both have different selling points and sounds.

Janet and Madonna are completely different artists. They're often compared because they both cater to a dance audience and make pop music. That is all.

Both Janet and Madonna are known for their diminutive voices so they compensate for it in other ways.

An older Janet fan explained it like this..he said that Whitney and Mariah were singers..and just that..Madonna and Janet were more artistic than them because they didn't have the best voices, but used other means to sell music..He said they will always be remembered more than the singers because of their ability to fuse both their image and music.

I disagree Janet "jammed" shit give Madonna "What About That" "So Much Betta" "If" "Thats The Way Love Goes" "Nasty" she could never rock them tunes sorry boo :filenails:

Exactly and if you listen to both of their catalogs from front to back - you will hear the differences. If you grew up seeing how both evolved - you will see the difference. So to say they're "one in the same" is just stupid.

Actually having seen BOTH artists VERY up close, Madonna can't dance for shit never could :filenails: she can't sing either, but she doesn't try either, Madonna is a genius with marketing and manipulation that is about where it is, and that has made the difference for her, at my age I realize now more than ever that race does matter, white folks love them sum Madonna, they hang on her like it aint shit, Janet said in an interview that for the Black artists it is always harder and it defintely without question IS, Britney Spears for example has no talent whatsoever but with a great team behind her, great producers and folks that "put" the "package" together steal from Madonna AND Janet, cause she has STOLEN from Janet, the bitch is on point, BUT let a beautiful young black girl do all Britney did and not as many people would be checking for her, all these lil white girls were raised during the "teen pop sensation" you know Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Britney, they looked up to Britney and now they're all on MTV's Teen mom :filenails: I think niggas can get the last laugh if we look back and see what Britney did she stole from niggas you know the "Elvis Syndrome" then taught all the lil white girls to be whores :filenails: oh and who can forget this: in the back of an ambulance on her way to the looney bin :filenails:

:lmao:

I agree. But understand that people choose to be fans of artists they can identify with. What are the chances a white girl from the suburbs will identify with Janet Jackson? No, she will choose the watered down version which is Britney Spears. It's no shade.! I find It sad how people are so obsessed with what they see, not with what they hear. It's so easy to fool people.

Also,

Madonna is an image driven artist, Janet isn't.

Madonna predominantly depends on props to put on a show, Janet doesn't.

Madonna's selling point is her image/brand, Janet's is her dancing.

There's a difference.

An older Janet fan explained it like this..he said that Whitney and Mariah were singers..and just that..Madonna and Janet were more artistic than them because they didn't have the best voices, but used other means to sell music..He said they will always be remembered more than the singers because of their ability to fuse both their image and music.

!!!!

Which is why I truly believe Janet and Madonna are the two most influential female artists EVER.

!!!!

Which is why I truly believe Janet and Madonna are the two most influential female artists EVER.

Yeah..this dude is damn near fifty and knows a thing or two about music..And he's a Janet fan, so that was just icing on the cake.. :excited:

They are the two most influential female artists.

Exactly and if you listen to both of their catalogs from front to back - you will hear the differences. If you grew up seeing how both evolved - you will see the difference. So to say they're "one in the same" is just stupid.

:lmao:

I agree. But understand that people choose to be fans of artists they can identify with. What are the chances a white girl from the suburbs will identify with Janet Jackson? No, she will choose the watered down version which is Britney Spears. It's no shade.! I find It sad how people are so obsessed with what they see, not with what they hear. It's so easy to fool people.

Also,

Madonna is an image driven artist, Janet isn't.

Madonna predominantly depends on props to put on a show, Janet doesn't.

Madonna's selling point is her image/brand, Janet's is her dancing.

There's a difference.

Aren't suburban kids/teens major fans of rap and not just rap..I mean GANGSTA RAP?

!!!!!!!!

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

You've seen the light jbailey :cheer:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aren't suburban kids/teens major fans of rap and not just rap..I mean GANGSTA RAP?

Yes, that's very true.

I'm white and from what I guess would be considered a more or less suburban setting, and I don't think identifying with someone necessarily makes me more inclined to listen to their music.

Archived