Janet to perform at Korean Award Show

bu.

8 minutes ago, bu. said:

Hmm I'm liking this. All the excuses in the other thread with reasons why she didn't announce tour dates in Europe should go out the window. If this woman has time to fly and  perform in Korea then she could of announced tour dates in Europe after that fire performance of Made For Now. Such a wasted opportunity. Let's see if she let's this one go out the window. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know we get the bonus of her living her and having a British baby but maybe just one performance would be nice. Maybe she will do a couple of the festivals here in the summer? Isle of Wight, Glastonbury, Party in the Park?

16 hours ago, J. said:

It’s not really working though. The Asian fans seem to be really hyped for this one though

I don’t know much about it but I read that she’s one of the reasons Kpop became a thing because of her heavy influence on someone called BoA? 

8 hours ago, bu. said:

I don’t know much about it but I read that she’s one of the reasons Kpop became a thing because of her heavy influence on someone called BoA? 

I don't know much about Kpop. But a year ago I saw a Korean music analyst saying that Kpop is a thing mainly because of artist like Michael and Janet Jackson. BoA is a huge Janet fan. She has also been called the Janet Jackson of South Korea. Had Janet been pushed more in Aisa she would have been massive over there. They love her. 

25 minutes ago, BlackCat1989 said:

I don't know much about Kpop. But a year ago I saw a Korean music analyst saying that Kpop is a thing mainly because of artist like Michael and Janet Jackson. BoA is a huge Janet fan. She has also been called the Janet Jackson of South Korea. Had Janet been pushed more in Aisa she would have been massive over there. They love her. 

When I was stationed in Korea(1998-1999), I asked the locals who were the big females there.  They said Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Madonna, and Celine were all huge there.  Of course, for the males it was Michael and a few others.  So Janet made an impact as far as South Korea.

• Upvote 1