Born This way

CalQuin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you are all curious to hear my reaction s875.gif

This is a Madonna song, point blank and a reminder that Lady Gaga is carrying the Madonna mantle into this generation. To me, that is a great thing, and that's how I've always viewed Lady Gaga and its clear this is the trajectory she's set for herself. Taken in that context, this is a feel good, celebratory song with great production and energy. It's Express Yourself 2.0 reinterpreted as an equality anthem. It's unabashedly cheesy, but that's the whole point I think (see unicorn tattooed to her thigh). Going there, someplace that isn't "cool" to go (yet). Like being unabashedly flamboyantly gay and not a lame "straight acting" gay. I'm eager to see the imagery of the video because that's where Gaga really shines to me, taking a very pop song and doing something unexpected with it.

I know you are all curious to hear my reaction s875.gif

This is a Madonna song, point blank and a reminder that Lady Gaga is carrying the Madonna mantle into this generation. To me, that is a great thing, and that's how I've always viewed Lady Gaga and its clear this is the trajectory she's set for herself. Taken in that context, this is a feel good, celebratory song with great production and energy. It's Express Yourself 2.0 reinterpreted as an equality anthem. It's unabashedly cheesy, but that's the whole point I think (see unicorn tattooed to her thigh). Going there, someplace that isn't "cool" to go (yet). Like being unabashedly flamboyantly gay and not a lame "straight acting" gay. I'm eager to see the imagery of the video because that's where Gaga really shines to me, taking a very pop song and doing something unexpected with it.

ROC! whts up man!

Archived