Born This way

CalQuin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

180958_1725580732135_1016899191_1910673_5928730_n.jpg

Here's my enlightened take on the matter. s875.gif

Gaga's aware of her place in pop music history, and is having a conversation with her influences through her music, in this case, Madonna. Looking back and looking forward at the same time. :blush:

Don't Be A Drag, Just Be A Queen alexis-1.gif

PS "Born this Way" reached number one on US itunes in just 3 hours, breaking the previous record by Taylor Swift.

180958_1725580732135_1016899191_1910673_5928730_n.jpg

Here's my enlightened take on the matter. s875.gif

Gaga's aware of her place in pop music history, and is having a conversation with her influences through her music, in this case, Madonna. Looking back and looking forward at the same time. :blush:

Don't Be A Drag, Just Be A Queen alexis-1.gif

PS "Born this Way" reached number one on US itunes in just 3 hours, breaking the previous record by Taylor Swift.

I usually agree with what you have to say but these excuses are just sad. For her to REALLY be Madonna's successor, she needs to be looking forward only. Madonna may have had her "inspirations" and God knows she's never been completely original, but she never so blatantly ripped off a veteran's classic hit, either.

Honestly, this song could have NEVER lived up to the hype. That's the whole problem with hype: If you HAVE to hype it, if it can't speak for itself, then you defeat the purpose of creating a great song.

"Billie Jean" wasn't hyped. "That's The Way Love Goes" wasn't hyped.

See how that works?

:yep:

Archived