CONGRATS TO JANET AGAIN.. #1

Shawn1814

karenhunter Karen Hunter

congratulates @Janet Jackson again! http://fb.me/IoYCFKU4

Janet Jackson's 'True You,' New York Times Bestseller

Saturday, February 26, 2011 | 11:45 AM

by Lyndra Vassar

Ms. Jackson has topped the charts again but this time as an author. The singer-turned-writer's self-help book, True You, recently ranked number one on this week's New York Times Bestseller list. Read an excerpt from the top-seller here.

Marked as a "journey to finding and loving yourself," Jackson's book chronicles her struggles with weight loss, self-esteem, and living a happier life. The singer's book is currently the top-selling hard cover according to the New York Times.

In an except from her book, Jackson candidly opens up to readers about her journey to self-love and why she chose to pen her experience:

"I want this book to make a difference," she writes. "It's important that I present myself just as I am. So I must tell you right away that I'm no expert. I have no psychic powers and I sure don't possess any secret wisdom. I'm just Janet. I have strengths, weaknesses, fears, happiness, sadness. I experience joy and I experience pain. I'm highly emotional. I'm very vulnerable... Like everyone, I have talents, but with those talents have come challenges. This book is about meeting the challenges that face all of us."

Read more: http://www.essence.com/entertainment/hot_topics/janet_jackson_true_you_new_york_times_bestseller.php#ixzz1F8F0mbMF

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before some of you... less-educated... stans run with this; it's a #1 on the "self-help" bestseller list. Not the overall bestseller list. Still an achievement but let's keep it cute.

NO shit Sherlock.. Self Help books rarely get the number one spot on the overall list.. That is why they have different categories like Billboard.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: OVERVIEW

PRINT & E-BOOKS

Fiction

Nonfiction

HARDCOVER

Fiction

Nonfiction

PAPERBACK

Trade Fiction

Mass-Market Fiction

Nonfiction

E-BOOKS

Fiction

Nonfiction

ADVICE & MISC.

Hardcover

Paperback

CHILDREN'S

Picture Books

Chapter Books

Paperback Books

Series

GRAPHIC BOOKS

Hardcover

Paperback

Manga

COMBINED PRINT

Fiction

Nonfiction

Before some of you... less-educated... stans run with this; it's a #1 on the "self-help" bestseller list. Not the overall bestseller list. Still an achievement but let's keep it cute.

Or we could just take as a no.1 overall and boast about it to people who won't know the difference, to help Janets career.

Abit of exaggeration and hype doesn't hurt. All the other stars get away with it. So should Janet. :-)

It is a proper no.1 anyway. To get on the best sellers list is an achievement in itself. It's no.3 in non-fiction overall, which is great.

Or we could just take as a no.1 overall and boast about it to people who won't know the difference, to help Janets career.

Abit of exaggeration and hype doesn't hurt. All the other stars get away with it. So should Janet. :-)

It is a proper no.1 anyway. To get on the best sellers list is an achievement in itself. It's no.3 in non-fiction overall, which is great.

Thank you.

:rolleyes: @ Will. <_<

It's #1 on the list respective to the category of the book. It's like an R&B song going #1 on the R&B chart and not calling it a hit because it didn't storm the Hot 100. Miss me much with the foolery. :coffee:

NO shit Sherlock.. Self Help books rarely get the number one spot on the overall list.. That is why they have different categories like Billboard.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: OVERVIEW

PRINT & E-BOOKS

Fiction

Nonfiction

HARDCOVER

Fiction

Nonfiction

PAPERBACK

Trade Fiction

Mass-Market Fiction

Nonfiction

E-BOOKS

Fiction