Post a true fact about yourself

Selz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those ppl are so rude

There should be a law against that shit..aahhaaha

its like harassment..that interfere with ur personal space...as soon as u make eye contact, they latch on 2 u...ugh

and theyre all cheery and like "heyyyyyy"

Why thank you....:mellow::lol:

I've run out of +1s tho

:cry:

give us ur worst eg of ur introversion :P

whats ur worst habit/idiosyncrasy

I did a quick Google search on characteristic traits, and these ones stick out the most:

· Are happy to be alone

· Become drained around large groups of people

· Need time alone to recharge

· Prefer to work on own rather than do group work

· Do not share private thoughts with just anyone

· Think carefully before speaking

· Listens more than speaks

· Will speak extensively only on a subject that they know well

· Sometimes will have their mind go blank when asked to speak, specially under pressure

I did a quick Google search on characteristic traits, and these ones stick out the most:

· Are happy to be alone

· Become drained around large groups of people; dislike attending parties

· Need time alone to recharge

· Prefer to work on own rather than do group work

· Do not share private thoughts with just anyone

· Think carefully before speaking (practice in my head before I speak)

· Listens more than speaks

· Will speak extensively only on a subject that they know well

· Sometimes will have their mind go blank when asked to speak, specially under pressure

When I started reading ur list, it sounded like me!

Definitely on the first 4! I just cant stand dealing with other ppl...i dont want to. and i do feel drained a lot

The rest..Nah

Question: does your introvertedness bother u>

When I started reading ur list, it sounded like me!

Definitely on the first 4! I just cant stand dealing with other ppl...i dont want to. and i do feel drained a lot

The rest..Nah

Question: does your introvertedness bother u>

After a night out with my friends, I need to come back to my own place and have some alone time. The feeling just comes natural.

Being introverted never bothered me tbh. It works itself out because I'm also a middle child. So I've learned to entertain myself over the years. But there are some times when it does. I had to take Principles of Speech last spring and we had to give speeches in front of the class. The class was almost the death of me. Every time we had to give a speech, there were enough butterflies in my stomach to populate the Garden of Eden.

And it's funny because I talk a lot on here, but I'm really shy and quiet in person. :asham:

After a night out with my friends, I need to come back to my own place and have some alone time. The feeling just comes natural.

Being introverted never bothered me tbh. It works itself out because I'm also a middle child. So I've learned to entertain myself over the years. But there are some times when it does. I had to take Principles of Speech last spring and we had to give speeches in front of the class. The class was almost the death of me. Every time we had to give a speech, there were enough butterflies in my stomach to populate the Garden of Eden.

And it's funny because I talk a lot on here, but I'm really shy and quiet in person. :asham:

I get what ur saying...When I go out, I like to have my own space afterwards...I dont even like sleeping over ppls houses

re: public speaking...i get it

i used to dread doing presentations

I get what ur saying...When I go out, I like to have my own space afterwards...I dont even like sleeping over ppls houses

re: public speaking...i get it

i used to dread doing presentations

Last semester in Corrections we had to present out 12 page papers in some format. I had chosen to do a 10 minute video so that I wouldn't have to actually speak. Luckily I waited long enough for the professor to totally forget about me, and I just emailed her the video I did. Didn't have to get up in front of the class. -_-

Last semester in Corrections we had to present out 12 page papers in some format. I had chosen to do a 10 minute video so that I wouldn't have to actually speak. Luckily I waited long enough for the professor to totally forget about me, and I just emailed her the video I did. Didn't have to get up in front of the class. -_-

:lol: :lol:

so bad

in reality, its good to do presentations, to conquer ur fears etc

but not where there are grades @ stake :lmao: :lmao:

:lol: :lol:

so bad

in reality, its good to do presentations, to conquer ur fears etc

but not where there are grades @ stake :lmao: :lmao:

I know. -_-:lol: I still get nervous when I have to get up in front of ppl, or have to speak to ppl I don't really know. I get nervous and my mind goes blank. Initiating conversation is so awkward to me. I can be INSANELY self-conscious.

And you know the irony of the whole situation? I work in retail. :fail:

I have a fear of Bridges, I purchased a 4th row floor ticket to see Janet and had planned to fly to the location, the Ebay seller failed to get the ticket to me within a reasonable time frame as stated in his ebay ad, so I requested a refund. I am now booked for Las Vegas, to see her two nights and fly back. BUT it was all over the bridge I would have to cross to see Janet, I could have drove 4 hours to Toronto but I won't do bridges I have anxiety attacks

I know. -_-:lol: I still get nervous when I have to get up in front of ppl, or have to speak to ppl I don't really know. I get nervous and my mind goes blank. Initiating conversation is so awkward to me. I can be INSANELY self-conscious.

burroughsresize2.jpg

Take a seat..

Haha

Death @ retail.... what happens during your performance reviews, or do u scrap by?

burroughsresize2.jpg

Take a seat..

Haha

Death @ retail.... what happens during your performance reviews, or do u scrap by?

:lol: @ the picture.

We don't have performance reviews, I don't think. :unsure: It's funny because at my old job at FCUK, I was one of the store's top sellers. I still hold the record for the highest single transaction ($2,085.38 <WhitneyHairFlip.gif>). I'm always one of the best employees at all the jobs I've worked at.

I can do most things as long as I'm with someone that I'm comfortable around, like a friend. But if I'm alone? 42.gif

Im told im supposedly and introvert by profile of personality, but for whatever reason I get up in front of people and talk my ass off just fine weird

Im told im supposedly and introvert by profile of personality, but for whatever reason I get up in front of people and talk my ass off just fine weird

I remember the VERY first time I had to speak in front of the class. It was 5th grade in Mr. Chaney's class, back when I was still living in CA. I was one of the last ppl to go - by choice of course. I vividly remember shaking like I had Parkinson's from my hands down to my legs. I could barely stand up. How I got thru what I was doing was nothing short of a miracle. Ever since then I've always been that way. If it's a group of ppl where I know a person or some of the ppl I'm talking to, then I'm fine. A bunch of strangers? Ch...no ma'am. My nervous system is not having it.

But there are some introverts who possess extroverted personality traits. I have FEW of those.

I remember the VERY first time I had to speak in front of the class. It was 5th grade in Mr. Chaney's class, back when I was still living in CA. I was one of the last ppl to go - by choice of course. I vividly remember shaking like I had Parkinson's from my hands down to my legs. I could barely stand up. How I got thru what I was doing was nothing short of a miracle. Ever since then I've always been that way. If it's a group of ppl where I know a person or some of the ppl I'm talking to, then I'm fine. A bunch of strangers? Ch...no ma'am. My nervous system is not having it.

But there are some introverts who possess extroverted personality traits. I have FEW of those.

I think I do too, but I think its more me trying to be extroverted, or it's some desire on another level to snap out of it. Its not uncommon though to have that fear of speaking in front of your classmates at the grade level kids can be cruel, I remember in HS I had to do an oral report, and no sooner than I started talking this girl in front of me interrupted me talking and said "WE ALREADY READ ABOUT MARCUS GARVEY" the teacher had to basically tell her to shut the fuck up, Im glad to know I have gotten a lot more mature cause the man I am now would have had words with her. :filenails:

I think I do too, but I think its more me trying to be extroverted, or it's some desire on another level to snap out of it. Its not uncommon though to have that fear of speaking in front of your classmates at the grade level kids can be cruel, I remember in HS I had to do an oral report, and no sooner than I started talking this girl in front of me interrupted me talking and said "WE ALREADY READ ABOUT MARCUS GARVEY" the teacher had to basically tell her to shut the fuck up, Im glad to know I have gotten a lot more mature cause the man I am now would have had words with her. :filenails:

Well I had nothing to fear at that time because I was friends with 95% of my class. So it wasn't the ppl, it was me being afraid to speak in front of the class. I've always been that way. I can safely say that I've spent most of my life alone because I'm a middle child. That's just the way we are. I can be distant, even with my family. I remember times as child during Thanksgiving, all of my family (immediate and extended) would be in one room, and I'd be in my room doing absolutely nothing. :lol:

Well I had nothing to fear at that time because I was friends with 95% of my class. So it wasn't the ppl, it was me being afraid to speak in front of the class. I've always been that way. I can safely say that I've spent most of my life alone because I'm a middle child. That's just the way we are. I can be distant, even with my family. I remember times as child during Thanksgiving, all of my family (immediate and extended) would be in one room, and I'd be in my room doing absolutely nothing. :lol:

are you happy?

are you happy?

Very much so. I'm in a new space. There was a time in high school when my mother came to the conclusion that I was depressed. :lmao: Looking back on it, I never was. I just wanted to play my Natalie Cole and be left the hell alone. I was over high school and needed a new scenery (common Gemini trait, we like change). I've been called anti-social, but once my friends get to know me, they learn that's just how I am. I think what bothers them is when I'm thinking intensely to myself, I have this look of depression on my face and it makes them ask questions. But I've never really been unhappy with my life.

Oh no. :lol: Don't let my forum personality fool you. I'm a very calm and reserved person in real life.

Thats cool!! So when you are around people that you are comfortable with in real life, are you more like your forum self, or are you still fairly reserved?

I'm actually a lot more friendly and funny in real life than I am on the forum. I think the forum gives me a chance to get out my frustrations that I don't do very often in real life lol. I can be quite social, but I also need a lot of time in my own company to recharge.

Thats cool!! So when you are around people that you are comfortable with in real life, are you more like your forum self, or are you still fairly reserved?

I'm actually a lot more friendly and funny in real life than I am on the forum. I think the forum gives me a chance to get out my frustrations that I don't do very often in real life lol. I can be quite social, but I also need a lot of time in my own company to recharge.

Pretty much. If I'm with someone I don't really know, I will feel awkward until I feel comfortable around the person. But if I'm with ppl who really know me, then all bets are off. :lol: I'm actually not as argumentative in person as I am on here. I actually avoid conflict and confrontation at all costs. If my real life personality were a TV show, it would be Family Guy - to put it in perspective. :lol:

Archived