Two NBA Players Hold Hands; the InternetS Explode

SonofBaldwin

Lay Hands

timthumb.php.jpg

In the middle east, men holding hands is customary. In America, it's enough to bring out the beast in people, especially if the two men are black.

I doubt that Americans will ever be able to face the fact that the word homosexual is not a noun. The root of this word, as Americans use it — or, as this word uses Americans — simply involves a terror of any human touch, since any human touch can change you. — James Baldwin, The Price of the Ticket

I don't understand the big deal.

Immediately after last Sunday's Toronto Raptors vs. Orlando Magic NBA game, where the Raptors pulled a surprising win over the Magic, the Raptors' Leandro Barbosa grabbed and held the hand of his teammate Reggie Evans. The action sparked a homophobic uproar on the Internet.

From Outsports:

While Barbosa remained stone-face, Evans was good-natured and gave a big smile. The duo had a strong night with 18 points on 9-for-15 shooting. That didn’t stop many from spewing homophobia on YouTube at the players, their team, and a Toronto fan and RealGM moderator named Little Ozzy [some language NSFW]:

4lyfesports: so not only does [head coach] jay triano have to deal with barnani and calderon but these fags has well?!?!?!?! its a miracle they even won 21 games!!! give him coach of the year!

ir0ckfartz: Wow, you guys are talking over the YouTube comments sections? How romantic…ha, faggs.

Creamybrown07: Little Ozzy is a hugeee fucking panzy who gets it up his ass by not only Barbosa and Reggie, but by the rest of the team, including Triano, the golden boy Colangelo, Even Gheradini! The Raptors Mascot actually ended up jizzing on Little Ozzys face, while Ozzy took it like the gay fuck he is. … Disgusting

MrDarkStalker15: I think Reggie Evans is GAY. He likes tossing the salad. Remember him grabbing Chris Kaman’s balls? I think Leandro Barbosa knows that Evans likes men holding his hand so he’s messing with him…

I wonder if these people realize how ridiculous they sound. Or how much their words reveal them.

Whether they're gay or not, I find something genuinely heartwarming and courageous about people who are secure enough to publicly display (what should be considered innocuous forms of) affection:

VIDEO: http://sonofbaldwin.blogspot.com/2011/04/lay-hands.html

The way people react to anything gay, there really are some underlying issues going on, I don't know how anyone can be that passionate about their hatred unless its truly affected you in some way shape or form. It two gay guys beat you down, I could see where that person may be coming from although it does not warrent their hateful behaviour but to be so hateful about something u claim to have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with raises a red flag in my opinion.

After viewing the video..it was courageously BRAVE and soooo CUTE...I dunno it was something special about it. :wub:

As as far as it being "gay" it would be different if it was a candid photo taken at a more intimate,private setting. The players were WELL aware of cameras being around so why would they just put themselves out there if they were indeed gay. Ppl dont think.

After viewing the video..it was courageously BRAVE and soooo CUTE...I dunno it was something special about it. :wub:

As as far as it being "gay" it would be different if it was a candid photo taken at a more intimate,private setting. The players were WELL aware of cameras being around so why would they just put themselves out there if they were indeed gay. Ppl dont think.

It's funny though because your siggy is so inline with the topic of this thread :lol:

It's funny though because your siggy is so inline with the topic of this thread :lol:

Diddy has more of a track record of questionable activity and surroundings ...so he's a whole nother beast. Ppl in his circle have put him on blast COUNTLESS times.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree. I think it was in the way that Leandro just grabbed Reggie's hand like, "Come on." It was so...quiet. And natural.

My hubby can care less...One of his best friends is gay.

well I was thinking since you see his pee pee everynight why don't you have a night out on the town, just take yourself to a show or something :whistle: I think you deserve a break every female should have time to herself you need "you time"

well I was thinking since you see his pee pee everynight why don't you have a night out on the town, just take yourself to a show or something :whistle: I think you deserve a break every female should have time to herself you need "you time"

I want to go to "town" with Ralphie, Chase, and Paul.... :rolleyes:

Also...It just hit me that we dared my husband and one of his boys to walk around the mall holding hands the WHOLE entire time...And they did...They were calling each other honey and sweetheart the whole entire time...We were cracking the hell up at everybodie's reaction.

I especially loved the male employees who were clearly uncomfortable with it, but were trying to act like they were cool with it. :asham:

I want to go to "town" with Ralphie, Chase, and Paul.... :rolleyes:

Also...It just hit me that we dared my husband and one of his boys to walk around the mall holding hands the WHOLE entire time...And they did...They were calling each other honey and sweetheart the whole entire time...We were cracking the hell up at everybodie's reaction.

I especially loved the male employees who were clearly uncomfortable with it, but were trying to act like they were cool with it. :asham:

Can I come live in your world a lil while, I just wanna rent I don't wanna own :filenails: cause that's some funny shit :lmao:

Damn why can't two teammates hold hands without so much drama...it just goes back to the idea of gender performance. If men go off the script and show any type of emotion or affection...they're not being men....they are being women because apparently affection is weakness and women are weak, therefore thy are gay. I am so sick of this homophobic bullshit.

Archived