Sales Figures: Britney Spears Hits #1 With Lowest Sales To Date

SonofBaldwin

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/04/sales-figures-britney-spears-hits-1-lowest-sales-date/

britney-femme-fat-e1296671143492.jpg

britney femme fat e1296671143492 Sales Figures: Britney Spears Hits #1 With Lowest Sales To Date

Britney Spears’ ‘Femme Fatale’ has debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. However, her fans may want to put their celebrations on hold as the record marks her lowest 1st week sales to date, proving that she is definitely not stronger than yesterday.

‘Fatale’ enters the chart this week with sales of only 279k, giving her smallest debut figures to date. Spears’ previous lowest seller was 2007’s ‘Blackout’ which sold 290k in its 1st week with considerably less promotion than ‘Fatale’.

These numbers only add to the mounting disappointment that Spears has experienced in recent weeks following the quick decline of both her ‘Hold It Against Me’ and ‘Till The World Ends’ singles as well as Enrique Iglesias rejection of offers to join her upcoming summer tour.

On the contrary, artists with actual talent continue to soar. 2011’s best-selling album to date, Adele’s ‘21′, moves another 94k at the #3 spot, just behind Wiz Khalifa’s ‘Rolling Papers’ at #2 with 192k. Meanwhile, Chris Brown maintains a position in the top 5 at #4 with ‘F.A.M.E’ selling 88k copies.

Jennifer Hudson’s ‘I Remember Me’ drops to #7 with 54k whereas Mary Mary’s ‘Something Big’ debuts at #10 with just under 42k. Finally, Snoop Dogg made a surprising entry at #8 with ‘Doggumentary’ which sold 49k copies.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/04/sales-figures-britney-spears-hits-1-lowest-sales-date/

britney-femme-fat-e1296671143492.jpg

britney femme fat e1296671143492 Sales Figures: Britney Spears Hits #1 With Lowest Sales To Date

Britney Spears’ ‘Femme Fatale’ has debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. However, her fans may want to put their celebrations on hold as the record marks her lowest 1st week sales to date, proving that she is definitely not stronger than yesterday.

‘Fatale’ enters the chart this week with sales of only 279k, giving her smallest debut figures to date. Spears’ previous lowest seller was 2007’s ‘Blackout’ which sold 290k in its 1st week with considerably less promotion than ‘Fatale’.

These numbers only add to the mounting disappointment that Spears has experienced in recent weeks following the quick decline of both her ‘Hold It Against Me’ and ‘Till The World Ends’ singles as well as Enrique Iglesias rejection of offers to join her upcoming summer tour.

On the contrary, artists with actual talent continue to soar. 2011’s best-selling album to date, Adele’s ‘21′, moves another 94k at the #3 spot, just behind Wiz Khalifa’s ‘Rolling Papers’ at #2 with 192k. Meanwhile, Chris Brown maintains a position in the top 5 at #4 with ‘F.A.M.E’ selling 88k copies.

Jennifer Hudson’s ‘I Remember Me’ drops to #7 with 54k whereas Mary Mary’s ‘Something Big’ debuts at #10 with just under 42k. Finally, Snoop Dogg made a surprising entry at #8 with ‘Doggumentary’ which sold 49k copies.

#pow :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

297k first week out in these days is still good

Yeah, I believe it's the second-best sales week for an album this year (second to Adele's 21).

And LOL at trying to shade her over the Enrique thing. He pulled out of the tour because they kind of told him he'd be a co-headliner, but he got pissed when he found out he was just the support. :lol: He's been replaced by Nicki Minaj, which is a far better choice anyway. Nobody wants to have to sit through Bailamos.

Oh, and apparently Britney's lowest first week sales were actually with her debut.

Yeah, I believe it's the second-best sales week for an album this year (second to Adele's 21).

And LOL at trying to shade her over the Enrique thing. He pulled out of the tour because they kind of told him he'd be a co-headliner, but he got pissed when he found out he was just the support. :lol: He's been replaced by Nicki Minaj, which is a far better choice anyway. Nobody wants to have to sit through Bailamos.

I shoulda downloaded Adele and not Britney :filenails: I don't think either act is the same fan base for Britney, I know folks already talking about getting tickets to see her im like :thumbdown:

I shoulda downloaded Adele and not Britney :filenails: I don't think either act is the same fan base for Britney, I know folks already talking about getting tickets to see her im like :thumbdown:

Definitely get Adele's album, it's amazing!

When it was announced that Enrique was going to tour with Britney, a lot of folks, including me, were like :umm:. But I actually think Nicki makes a lot of sense. Most Britney fans I know LOVE Nicki (and I'd certainly much rather see her than Enrique).

Definitely get Adele's album, it's amazing!

When it was announced that Enrique was going to tour with Britney, a lot of folks, including me, were like :umm:. But I actually think Nicki makes a lot of sense. Most Britney fans I know LOVE Nicki (and I'd certainly much rather see her than Enrique).

agrees :thumbup: I actually came late to Nicki but I'm in love with "Superbass"

That blog is the most fucking annoying place ever. First off, LOL @ trying to act like Enrique didn't wanna tour with her. Second off, Till the World Ends is Top 5 on iTunes and quickly rising up the radio airplay charts. where is this falling like a rock? holy shit this blog is just ugh i can't even with their mimi and chris brown stanning

That blog is the most fucking annoying place ever. First off, LOL @ trying to act like Enrique didn't wanna tour with her. Second off, Till the World Ends is Top 5 on iTunes and quickly rising up the radio airplay charts. where is this falling like a rock? holy shit this blog is just ugh i can't even with their mimi and chris brown stanning

They don't even have their facts right, and they're very selective about the information they do choose to include.

Like most blogs, it definitely has its biases.

to be fair he takes alot of ish from Breatheheavy. The admin there was saying a lot of crap and grape just took it from there but yeah this blogger never really liked her

Do you only post when there is Britney news?

Oh, and apparently Britney's lowest first week sales were actually with her debut.

Yeah, I read that like wtf, no it isn't :lol:

Basically Chris, Janet, Mariah, and Kelly Rowland are the only 4 exempt from their shady articles...

Kelly shades herself by promoting Beyonce's album when hers is in the shelves. No point on shading her i mean she basically does it for you

On the contrary, artists with actual talent continue to soar. 2011’s best-selling album to date, Adele’s ‘21′, moves another 94k at the #3 spot, just behind Wiz Khalifa's ‘Rolling Papers’ at #2 with 192k. Meanwhile, Chris Brown maintains a position in the top 5 at #4 with ‘F.A.M.E’ selling 88k copies.

Come again? :asham:

Archived