Katy Perry's 'E.T.' returns to #1 on the Hot 100, Beyonce debuts at #33

art

1056279-katy-perry-et-video-617-409.jpg

Katy Perry's "E.T.," featuring Kanye West, flies back to the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 to be released tomorrow (April 28) on Billboard.com, while a song from the album atop the Billboard 200 roars to the Hot 100's runner-up rank, both titles fueled by exposure last week on Fox's "American Idol."

"E.T." (2-1) rebounds for a fourth week at No. 1 the Hot 100 courtesy of twin 2-1 advances on Digital Songs, where it reigns for a fifth non-consecutive frame, and Radio Songs. After Perry and West performed the song (in a pre-taped segment) on last Thursday's (April 21) "Idol" results episode, the song shifted 344,000 downloads (up 21%) in the April 18-24 tracking week, according to Nielsen SoundScan, marking a new weekly high for the song (besting its sum of 327,000 three weeks ago).

Up 9% to 133 million audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS, "E.T." logs its first week at No. 1 on Radio Songs, becoming the fourth leader on the list from Perry's album "Teenage Dream," following "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg, the title cut and "Firework." The set is just the second, after Usher's "Confessions" in 2004, to yield four No. 1s in the airplay survey's 20-year history.

As Adele's "21" returns to the Billboard 200's summit, the album's lead single, "Rolling in the Deep," charges 6-2 on the Hot 100 as the chart's Digital Gainer. The song lifts 5-2 on Digital Songs with 298,000 downloads sold (up 99%). "Idol" contestant Haley Reinhart performed a faithful version of the song on last Wednesday's episode. "Deep" concurrently darts 19-12 on Radio Songs (62 million in audience, up 18%).

Holding at No. 3, the Black Eyed Peas' "Just Can't Get Enough" scores the Hot 100's Airplay Gainer award. The song bounds 8-4 on Radio Songs (85 million, up 26%) and maintains its No. 3 ranking on Digital Songs (207,000, up 20%).

After ascending 2-1 on last week's Hot 100, Rihanna's "S&M" slides to No. 4. The song's digital sales dip by 46% to 159,000, a not-unexpected downturn, as the song's gain last week was powered by its then-new "Rih-mix" featuring Britney Spears. "S&M" likewise slips 1-2 after three weeks atop Radio Songs.

Jeremih's "Down on Me," featuring 50 Cent, retreats 4-5 on the Hot 100, while Bruno Mars banks his fifth top 10, as "The Lazy Song" works an 11-6 advance. The latter track leaps 9-4 on Digital Songs (188,000, up 52%) and 28-22 on Radio Songs (47 million, up 22%).

Jennifer Lopez's "On the Floor," featuring Pitbull (8-7), swaps spots with Chris Brown's "Look at Me Now," featuring Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes (7-8), on the Hot 100, as Ke$ha's "Blow" returns to the top 10 (12-9) and Cee Lo Green's "F**k You (Forget You)" falls 5-10.

Two much-buzzed-about titles inhabit the Hot 100's top two positions outside the top 10. Britney Spears' "Till the World Ends" dips 9-11, although it registered gains in sales (122,000 downloads, up 2%) and airplay (72 million, up 18%). The song's chart fortunes should benefit next week after the first full week of availability for its remix featuring Ke$ha (the song's co-writer) and Nicki Minaj.

Earning a backwards bullet at No. 12, Lady Gaga's "Judas" drops two rungs after arriving as the Hot 100's Hot Shot Debut last week at No. 10. After bowing in its first frame following less than three days of sales (162,000), the second single from "Born This Way," due May 23, sold 156,000 downloads (down 4%) in its first full week at retail.

Conversely on Radio Songs, "Judas" jumps 48-36 (34 million, up 29%), buoyed by a 30-19 flight on the Pop Songs airplay tally.

Luke Bryan scores this week's top debut on the Hot 100, as "Country Girl (Shake It for Me)" launches at No. 22. The track, at No. 19 in its sixth week on Country Songs (marking Bryan's fastest climb to the chart's top 20), opens at No. 16 (105,000) on Digital Songs following its retail arrival.

At No. 33 on the Hot 100, Beyonce charts the highly-anticipated first single from her forthcoming fourth studio album, "Run the World (Girls)." After it hit the iTunes Store last Thursday, the girl-power anthem starts on Digital Songs at No. 23 (77,000). On Radio Songs, the track begins at No. 65 (18 million in audience).

Two versions of Adele's "Turning Tables" enter the Hot 100 after recurring guest star Gwyneth Paltrow covered the song on last Tuesday's episode of Fox's "Glee." Adele's original rendition, from "21," bows at No. 63 (50,000 downloads), narrowly outselling the Paltrow-assisted "Glee" cast remake (47,000; No. 66).

A second title by the "Glee" cast from the episode, "All By Myself," debuts at No. 87 on the Hot 100, followed directly by two new tracks from the Disney TV movie "Lemonade Mouth": "Breakthrough," by the cast's Bridgit Mendler, Adam Hicks, Naomi Scott and Hayley Kiyoko (No. 88), and Mendler's "Somebody" (No. 89).

Jennifer Lopez boasts the Hot 100's other new entry, "Papi," at No. 99.

All charts, including the Hot 100, Digital Songs and Radio Songs, will be refreshed tomorrow on Billboard.com

308lgrr.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oop about Rihanna

Is that good for Beyonce?

And i told u about Judas

its no good

Its not good or bad its just moderate for now. It should chart higher after the vid & some promo, but if it doesn't then thats bad.

Single Ladies debuted @ #72 & found it way to #1. I'm not saying this song will do the song, but I think it definitely can reach the top 10.

Its honestly a really good song... Katy actually cares about her music and it shows... Beyonce has no musical growth... shes just a glorified vegas show... sure shes a good performer but if your music sucks whats the point?

yeah katy has come a long way since i kissed a girl haha iv liked every single from her current album and they all sound different and they are still good, idk how many years beyonce is gonna have that same tired ass blonde weave, always yelling on a song, talking about girl this ladies do this, OMG you have to have other shit in your life to put into your music, you're right a good performance of a sucky song can only make it a lil bit better

I must say, Katy is doing REALLY well this era. But when I go to the club, I never here any of her songs..Maybe CG when it first came out, but none of her other hits.

I use to hear "CG" and "Firework" all the time. The played "E.T." once and stopped in the middle of it.

I use to hear "CG" and "Firework" all the time. The played "E.T." once and stopped in the middle of it.

I remember hearing CG..not "Fireworks" or any other single that followed CG..they play the shit out of Rihanna, Britney, and Googoo though.

Archived