Tamar Braxton REALLY can blow

LyricalLesson

I have a friend who is a "vocalist" and he's a major Toni fan but even HE SAID he hates to admit that Tamar is a better vocalist. He played me this song by her and I was BLOWN DA FUCK AWAY at all the vocal acrobatics that bitch was doin that I've NEVER ever heard Toni execute.

I have a friend who is a "vocalist" and he's a major Toni fan but even HE SAID he hates to admit that Tamar is a better vocalist. He played me this song by her and I was BLOWN DA FUCK AWAY at all the vocal acrobatics that bitch was doin that I've NEVER ever heard Toni execute.

Your boy is definitely telling the truth.

:clapping:

I love Toni Braxton, there's absolutely NO hate when I say what I say about Tamar being a better vocalist. I actually like Toni's vocal, she's no slouch herself. But I'm definitely not gonna front: Tamar has the stronger voice + a wider range, more power, more versatility, and a more appealing tone. Amazing that your dude picked the same song as the showcase of his opinion . . . she truly kills it on here. Toni's best vocal really is no match.

And that's mebeingreal.org . . . >_<:asham:

*waiting for someone to come in here and debate this*

:coffee:

The thing is though - Tamar is the better vocalist but I think Toni's signature voice helps her. Tamar can be compared to Tamia and Deborah Cox - Toni has no comparisons really. She was in a league of her own musically.

I was listening to the album yesterday...I was SHOCKED at a high note she hit rivalling Mariah! I'm not sure if it was quite in the whistle register but it was HIGH

:coffee:

The thing is though - Tamar is the better vocalist but I think Toni's signature voice helps her. Tamar can be compared to Tamia and Deborah Cox - Toni has no comparisons really. She was in a league of her own musically.

When Toni first came out, she reminded everyone of Anita Baker. So she isn't 100% original. But at the end of the day, Toni's voice was sexy as hell, and she had Babyface writing music tailor made for her. They were the perfect combination. yes Tamar can sing, but to me, her voice is a generic R&B voice.

When Toni first came out, she reminded everyone of Anita Baker. So she isn't 100% original. But at the end of the day, Toni's voice was sexy as hell, and she had Babyface writing music tailor made for her. They were the perfect combination. yes Tamar can sing, but to me, her voice is a generic R&B voice.

That's true. But you can tell the difference between a Toni song (post - "Love Shoulda..") and an Anita song. Tamar songs could be sung by anybody.

Archived