Where did the fans go with TVR?

Twistedvelvet

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damita Jo really should have did better than what it did, but I don't see it that much for 20 YO or Discipline. I n fact had Damita went smoother I think we'd have different albums that followed after it.

Damita Jo did the best it could under the circumstances.. Flopped singles and subpar promo.. Blacklisted and all..

20 and Discip are just bad... Discipline is on a whole different level of bad... B/c Janet didn't write

In a high school classroom debate, OK. But this isn't supposed to be a hostile, defensive environment. It's a forum. We talk. We exchange views. We learn from each other. It's fun to joke but at the end of the day you're the one who seems to have trouble appreciating anybody besides Janet, which is sad. That's why we think you're insane/a troll.

Having a proper debate would AVOID a hostile environment. What creates hostility is people getting personal and insulting, like yull do me.

All I ever do is try to have debates when its called for, and I may like to add sarcasm or humour. People should do the same.

I keep getting branded as this crazy hater of everyone but Janet, which is utter nonsense.

How many stars can you actually recall me dissing??

I'll do it for you, Madonna and Gaga.

Not my fault they are such arrogant dominant figures on the scene that are CONSTANTLY talked about.

For some reason nobody would care if I dissed Rihanna or Beyonce (even though I don't).

Since when did having a passionate hate for about 2 popstars on the scene, mean I have a hate for everyone!?

Damita Jo did the best it could under the circumstances.. Flopped singles and subpar promo.. Blacklisted and all..

20 and Discip are just bad... Discipline is on a whole different level of bad... B/c Janet didn't write

Feedback, Rock with u, Luv >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Born this way, Judas, Edge of Glory

:coffee:

Tvr is a diff style of album

doesnt appeal to evry1

i rememebr wen 1st saw GTIG and that new hair, I was like WTF

and i didnt like the album either....i was too young to appreciate it

this is the case, people wanted Janet to be this pop artist that always did big shows, and big spectacles, that's what Janet. was about, TVR struggled when it was released because it was not like Janet. at all so people had a hard time with it, only good thing is she brought on fans that wouldn't have liked a Janet Jackson album otherwise because the content on TVR was excellent

janet. was the mainstream album. The Velvet Rope was when Janet got artistic and esoteric. By the very nature of both of those experiments, janet. was bound to be more successful than The Velvet Rope.

and again +1 :clapping:

No... HELL NO... yes..

but LUV wasn't a single and Flop With U was the worst Janet Jackson song to be released since S.Ex...

FB did it's maximum potential

snickerhehe.gif

Feedback is sooooooooooooooooooooooo over-rated

It's not even on my ipod

i love FB like a step-child... but like everything on Discipline (aside from the title track and a select few) it's overrated

FB is OK, but nothing to rave about it...just like the rest of Discipl as u say

as i said, not even on my ipod

DJ had subpar promo? :mellow:

Were you fucking dead in 2004 and 2005? :umm:

You say the dumbest shit sometimes. :mellow:

DJ had subpar promo? :mellow:

Yes in terms of tv performances and interviews she did tonnes, but she had little radio airplay and only really BET was supporting her.

Plus, it was just not organised, it was messy.

I remember listening to an interview Janet did on BBC Radio 2 in the UK, they played her hits throughtout and it was great, but when asked what song from the new album she would like played, she said "All nite please" and then 'I want you' started playing lol, and they didn't even bother to say it wasn't 'All nite' cause it was all prerecorded. <_<

And then for 20 Y.O. Janet only came over to the UK for like one weekend, didn't even perform and only did one interview on Radio 1. They were all nicey nicey to her, and then dissed her after. It was pre-recorded again. And they played 'Call on me' once and never again.

Moreover, it took me pretty much harrasing Radio 2 to play 'Call on me' once on a request show to which at the end, the DJ started mocking Jermaine Dupri's Grunt noises. <_<

Just a mess.

The thing with DJ and 20 is she isolated the international fans, and for some odd reason, focused on satisfying the US - as if she isn't a WORLDWIDE icon - and didn't go abroad that much.

DJ promo was pretty good. She was everywhere. There's more performance of AN(DS) than their are total performances from the AFY era. She was on every magazine, every radio show, every award show. If we get that kind of promo with the next album, it'll surely outsell Discipline, 20, and possibly DJ.

The thing with DJ is she isolated the international fans, and for some odd reason, focused on satisfying the US - as if she isn't a WORLDWIDE icon - and didn't go abroad that much.

She did a lot of promo overseas than in the United States in 2004-05... She performed and interviewed wherever she can in 2004

Archived