Battle Of The Debut Albums: Round 8

TwistedElegance™

Battle Of The Debut Albums: Round 8  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• [img]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/FlashingLights82/Boyziimencooleyhighharmony.jpg[/img]
    • [img]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/FlashingLights82/toni2.jpg[/img]

Billboart Hot 100 chart peaks for each are listed below.

Singles from CooleyHighHarmony:

1. Motownphilly (#3)

2. It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday (#2)

3. Uhh Ahh (#16)

4. Please Don't Go (#49)

5. End Of The Road (#1)

6. In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember) [#3]

Singles from Toni Braxton:

1. Another Sad Love Song (#7)

2. Breathe Again (#3)

3. Seven Whole Days (#48)

4. You Mean The World To Me (#7)

5. I Belong To You/How Many Ways (#28)

6. Love Shoulda Brought You Home (#33)

Female artists ALWAYS trump males (on here) if its not MJ or Prince. C'mon :lol:

specially when they have the better album of the poll

And as HUGE as Prince's catalogue is i doubt that many here know half of it :umm:

specially when they have the better album of the poll

And as HUGE as Prince's catalogue is i doubt that many here know half of it :umm:

This board is not here for male artists anyway. Thats my point. The ONLY time a guy would possibly get more votes than a female is if its Prince or Mike because those are two of the most respected men in the industry that NO one can deny.

This board is not here for male artists anyway. Thats my point. The ONLY time a guy would possibly get more votes than a female is if its Prince or Mike because those are two of the most respected men in the industry that NO one can deny.

Thats not true...at least not in my case. If you made a MJ vs Janet poll for example, I'd be more inclined to choose Janet

Thats not true...at least not in my case. If you made a MJ vs Janet poll for example, I'd be more inclined to choose Janet

you're missing it. Im not saying MIKE and PRINCE would win hands down. Im just saying out of ALL the males those are the only ones I've seen that get as much credit as the females. The board lives for FEMALE artists. Its all over the board! :lol: Its comical that this is even a debate.

you're missing it. Im not saying MIKE and PRINCE would win hands down. Im just saying out of ALL the males those are the only ones I've seen that get as much credit as the females. The board lives for FEMALE artists. Its all over the board! :lol: Its comical that this is even a debate.

You know whats funny? & this kinda goes off on a tangent, but I've noticed thats kind of the industry as a whole. Despite being in a male dominated society divas are more praised & payed attention to in the music industry/pop culture. Nobody really uses males like that & I always thought i kinda weird.

You know whats funny? & this kinda goes off on a tangent, but I've noticed thats kind of the industry as a whole. Despite being in a male dominated society divas are more praised & payed attention to in the music industry/pop culture. Nobody really uses males like that & I always thought i kinda weird.

Right...and this board is a reflection of that

Maybe Beyonce is right Girls Do Run The World :unsure:

I am!

Are you surprised? This forum is dedicated to a female pop artist so it's a given that many on here would choose female artists over male artists.

I am!

Are you surprised? This forum is dedicated to a female pop artist so it's a given that many on here would choose female artists over male artists.

Im not the one suprised. I was tryna explain it to moonlight how it is on here..beause initally he seemed to disagree but the proof is on the board and in the industry as he later said

I love them both, but Toni's debut is one of my all-time favorite R&B albums. So many great tracks! :blush:

:lol: Yeah and the last two singles from B2M's debut only appeared on the 1993 re-release, but that's the version I have anyway. :P It's all about "Motownphilly" for me! :excited:

You're probably right, but I didn't want each round to be so predictable. I wanted to switch it up a bit.

Maybe you can test that theory the next time you copy my thread idea. :cheers:

But it IS predictable because any person you put up against a woman is gonna win. Just like with this... I knew Toni was gonna get da votes just because she has a vagina. :lol: So you're fucked either way.

But it IS predictable because any person you put up against a woman is gonna win. Just like with this... I knew Toni was gonna get da votes just because she has a vagina. :lol: So you're fucked either way.

I think if it were Maxwell vs. Toni, things would be a little bit different. Not saying that Toni wouldnt still win, but Maxwell would get plenty of votes.

Archived