LIL KIM RESPONDS

Shawn1814

Kim didn't say it was for her debut album...she said it was for one of her later releases. Isn't the Source big in the Hip Hop community? And RS has been jacking up lists for years, so let's not act as if they're on point every time. Nicki has overexposed herself and the hype is ridiculously...she HAS to sell that big. She's released the good tracks from it and got one more left, which happens to feature her over-hyped label mate. She better sit down with Wayne and his ghostwriter and come back harder.

I get why Kim came at her with the 5 mics, but Kim didn't get them for her debut album, the same as Nicki didn't get them for her debut album. Kim was ten years into her career before she got them, who's to say Nicki won't? I myself am not the biggest fan of Rolling Stone, but like it or not they are still the most esteemed in the business. And no, you keep saying she HAS to sell that big when she doesn't. Why does she have to? I have long said that Drake is overhyped. Nicki is much better.

Okay let's say I misinterpreted it...who is Nicki to tell Kim to step aside and shut up when this debut album sucks :mellow:

Well, like her or not, you have to agree it's all about Nicki right now. Her features got her all the attention, that she went a different direction for most of her album is beside the point. She is the hot topic right now, she's the only female MC out. So that line is completely valid and it's exactly what she said in the hot 97 interview... the only reason Kim's ever in the news is cus she's getting at somebody, where's her music? that's what she's saying. Shit or get off the pot means put up or shut up.

Unfortunately Black Friday wasn't good enough, and honestly I would admit if it was. There's a difference of opinion among us, but I'm not dismissing it cus I'm a fan of Nicki's, because I also respect Kim and know what she's capable of.

Okay let's say I misinterpreted it...who is Nicki to tell Kim to step aside and shut up when this debut album sucks :mellow:

The Stud Queen of Hip Hop to me is Missy...albums were straight hawt and her music videos were pure genius. I don't know who deemed Kim as a queen, but I don't think right now anyone can say Nicki took Kim's spot. I was just a step away from being a Nicki fan after hearing her verse in "Monster", but I took an airplane ride back when that album leaked.

Yeah, if hip-hop has a queen I'd say it's Missy. I don't think Kim or Nicki are the queens of rap, but for now I whole-heartedly think Nicki took the spot. 'Black Friday' just ensured Kim isn't taking it back anytime soon.

I get why Kim came at her with the 5 mics, but Kim didn't get them for her debut album, the same as Nicki didn't get them for her debut album. Kim was ten years into her career before she got them, who's to say Nicki won't? I myself am not the biggest fan of Rolling Stone, but like it or not they are still the most esteemed in the business. And no, you keep saying she HAS to sell that big when she doesn't. Why does she have to? I have long said that Drake is overhyped. Nicki is much better.

You do know how much the music industry has changed and how Nicki's a female rapper right. Nicki won't see 10 years in the business. She'd be lucky to see 5 solo years. Come on...with overexposing herself to gain all this hype, her "Barbz" should at least make sure she's above 500K for the first week. Nicki is much better than Drake...I just can't take him serious at all.

You do know how much the music industry has changed and how Nicki's a female rapper right. Nicki won't see 10 years in the business. She'd be lucky to see 5 solo years. Come on...with overexposing herself to gain all this hype, her "Barbz" should at least make sure she's above 500K for the first week. Nicki is much better than Drake...I just can't take him serious at all.

No, enlighten me. :rolleyes::lol:

Putting that crystal ball to heavy use today I see. :coffee:

Well, like her or not, you have to agree it's all about Nicki right now. Her features got her all the attention, that she went a different direction for most of her album is beside the point. She is the hot topic right now, she's the only female MC out. So that line is completely valid and it's exactly what she said in the hot 97 interview... the only reason Kim's ever in the news is cus she's getting at somebody, where's her music? that's what she's saying. Shit or get off the pot means put up or shut up.

Unfortunately Black Friday wasn't good enough, and honestly I would admit if it was. There's a difference of opinion among us, but I'm not dismissing it cus I'm a fan of Nicki's, because I also respect Kim and know what she's capable of.

She's basically the only female rapper right now doing it big (Trina tried but chile it's Trina :sigh: ). Doing all those features, mixtapes and singles is why her album fails in the quality aspect and should dominate the first week in quantity.

"BF" is nowhere near Kim's best, but it did the job.

Yeah, if hip-hop has a queen I'd say it's Missy. I don't think Kim or Nicki are the queens of rap, but for now I whole-heartedly think Nicki took the spot. 'Black Friday' just ensured Kim isn't taking it back anytime soon.

Nicki had the potential and hype to take that spot, but the album is what's keeping her from having it.

I really think people who are disappointed in Pink Friday are just not getting what she was doing. And I'm not just stanning for her :rolleyes: I mean I'm not stanning for her :ph34r::shifty: She made a conscious decision to go in a different direction, it's not like she tried and failed to live up to the shit she was spitting on the mixtapes and features. And I think RR is a good example of her still having "it" when need be.

I really think people who are disappointed in Pink Friday are just not getting what she was doing. And I'm not just stanning for her :rolleyes: I mean I'm not stanning for her :ph34r::shifty: She made a conscious decision to go in a different direction, it's not like she tried and failed to live up to the shit she was spitting on the mixtapes and features. And I think RR is a good example of her still having "it" when need be.

You're like my twin. :tear:

I'm just gonna put it like this because I really need a cigarette :ph34r: The reason why I say Nicki's not taking anyone's spot is because of the album. I knew when she was on 106 & Park and gave some excuse about how it's easier to do songs like "Your Love" and "Right Thru Me" and was harder and took longer to do the "crazy Nicki" songs that the album wasn't gonna be like the mixtapes :yawn: But I didn't know that shit wasn't gonna be ass :mellow: She could have balanced both of them and done a better album....*points to the featured artist in "RR" for an example :whistle: * She's gonna have to come even harder with her next solo attempt since it's clear to say it will either make or break her as a solo artist...hell, it might push her backs to just mixtapes and being a featured artist.

I'm just gonna put it like this because I really need a cigarette :ph34r: The reason why I say Nicki's not taking anyone's spot is because of the album. I knew when she was on 106 & Park and gave some excuse about how it's easier to do songs like "Your Love" and "Right Thru Me" and was harder and took longer to do the "crazy Nicki" songs that the album wasn't gonna be like the mixtapes :yawn: But I didn't know that shit wasn't gonna be ass :mellow: She could have balanced both of them and done a better album....*points to the featured artist in "RR" for an example :whistle: * She's gonna have to come even harder with her next solo attempt since it's clear to say it will either make or break her as a solo artist...hell, it might push her backs to just mixtapes and being a featured artist.

Well I agree with you, I think there's a lot of unnecessary fluff on Pink Friday, and it's a pretty weak album without the bonus tracks (which help to balance it out and show more range), and that's not a good thing. She has a long ways to go that's for sure :yep: But I think she's really intelligent and shows a lot of promise as an artist.

Well I agree with you, I think there's a lot of unnecessary fluff on Pink Friday, and it's a pretty weak album without the bonus tracks (which help to balance it out and show more range), and that's not a good thing. She has a long ways to go that's for sure :yep:But I think she's really intelligent and shows a lot of promise as an artist.

Which can be seen in her featured appearances and mixtapes. Maybe if she didn't try to go do a different route for the album she would have clearly taken Kim's spot.

:lol: :lol: that is a compliment :dance:

:blush:

In all honesty, I don't think you've given the album much of a chance. You said you downloaded and deleted it after one listen. I'm not gonna pretend it's some masterpiece, it's clearly not, but it deserves better than that. Yeah, it's a pop album - but so what? Roc is right, she's very intelligent. I find something new every listen.

Which can be seen in her featured appearances and mixtapes. Maybe if she didn't try to go do a different route for the album she would have clearly taken Kim's spot.

I really don't think Kim is the queen of Nicki's universe, I think Nicki is the queen of Nicki's universe, and she wasn't trying to "come for Kim" with this album, she told her to sit her ass down on RR and then went about her business and did her own thing.

:blush:

In all honesty, I don't think you've given the album much of a chance. You said you downloaded and deleted it after one listen. I'm not gonna pretend it's some masterpiece, it's clearly not, but it deserves better than that. Yeah, it's a pop album - but so what? Roc is right, she's very intelligent. I find something new every listen.

Yeah, everyone says they thought it sucked and threw it out after listening to it once. I thought the album sucked too the first time I heard it, but I've had for about a week now? and songs keep growing on me and once you listen to songs enough and the album isn't one big blob in your head like when you listen the first time, you'll see what it's about.

Yeah, everyone says they thought it sucked and threw it out after listening to it once. I thought the album sucked too the first time I heard it, but I've had for about a week now? and songs keep growing on me and once you listen to songs enough and the album isn't one big blob in your head like when you listen the first time, you'll see what it's about.

Me too. Songs I didn't like, I like now. It's really grown on me.

I gave it a chance...normally I do a 10-20 second skim of songs, but I listened to all the songs in full. I just didn't need that crap taking up space in my iTunes and iPod :coffee: It's pop album, but it still sucks even for it being pop.

I really don't think Kim is the queen of Nicki's universe, I think Nicki is the queen of Nicki's universe, and she wasn't trying to "come for Kim" with this album, she told her to sit her ass down on RR and then went about her business and did her own thing.

She came for Kim not only in "RR" but in some of her features and interviews, but anyways. She needs a stronger album to take Kim's spot. That's all I'm saying.

I will not! I pride myself on so far not having to resort to Kim's appearance. :lol:

You need to let the seeds Nicki plants germinate in your heart :whistle:

I've succumbed. "Your game over bitch, Gatorade, wet towel" -_-

I gave it a chance...normally I do a 10-20 second skim of songs, but I listened to all the songs in full. I just didn't need that crap taking up space in my iTunes and iPod :coffee: It's pop album, but it still sucks even for it being pop.

I could never do that. Think of all the music you've overlooked (besides Nicki). It's people like you that got TRL cancelled. :angry: