Chris Brown Is Not Homophobic; He Just Likes Calling People "Faggots"

SonofBaldwin

alg_chris_brown.jpg

So much for those anger management classes.

Chris Brown spewed anti-gay slurs at a man during a pickup game of basketball at a Los Angeles gym – simply because the guy didn't pass the singer the ball.

According to Star magazine, Brown – who infamously beat up Rihanna in 2009 after the Grammys – called the player a "f----t" and said it was a "gay" move.

Before that, Brown, 22, peppered his trash talk with the offensive words, repulsing those around him.

"He got really ticked off when things didn't go his way during the game, saying, ‘That's gay!' and ‘You're a f----t a--!' to the other players," an eyewitness tells Star.

At another point Brown got in the face of another player because he missed a shot.

Although he kept his hands to himself, Brown was "verbally aggressive," adds the source.

And so were his burly bodyguards.

As they stood watch over the game, they threatened to kick anyone out who attempted to take photos, even though they were members of the 24 Hour Fitness gym.

Last month, Brown called a photographer "gay" after he was filmed getting a parking ticket.

After some backlash, he apologized on Twitter, writing, "I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it."

In March, Brown went ballistic when "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts asked him about the night he beat Rihanna.

After storming offstage, the raging singer trashed his green room and threw a chair at a window.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/07/13/2011-07-13_chris_brown_spews_antigay_slurs_during_pickup_game_of_basketball__because_he_was.html#ixzz1S1IQueIg

I don't think he is... thats just how some niggaz talk it is what it is. Chris would be fun to date I bet hes really silly and harmless >_<

Not to disagree with you, but I think what Chris Brown might be dealing in is the normalization of homophobia, where one can use the slur and then claim no connection to the history or harmful effects thereof.

I don't know if he's homophobic or not. But when he says the word, he's trying to insult or question the manhood/ethics of the person he's using it towards. To me, that's close enough.

Not to disagree with you, but I think what Chris Brown might be dealing in is the normalization of homophobia, where one can use the slur and then claim no connection to the history or harmful effects thereof.

I don't know if he's homophobic or not. But when he says the word, he's trying to insult or question the manhood/ethics of the person he's using it towards. To me, that's close enough.

Well if you put it that way yea.... However this is chris brown hes not that smart you know he country right? Most country people are dumb anyway but hes cute so... I'm sure he works around alot of gay guys... so maybe they can talk to him... about it..

I'm just used to some people saying it without thinking about how hurtful it can be to some.

For the record and in the interest of fairness, Chris is implying that this is untrue:

http://twitter.com/#!/chrisbrown

-I get it now, the media doesn't make enough money stalking and falsifying stories on other celebs so they continuously fuck wit me.

-Believing everything the media says only makes us stupid as a society.

For the record and in the interest of fairness, Chris is implying that this is untrue:

http://twitter.com/#!/chrisbrown

-I get it now, the media doesn't make enough money stalking and falsifying stories on other celebs so they continuously fuck wit me.

-Believing everything the media says only makes us stupid as a society.

It might be untrue this time, but he's on record as calling Raz B a "homo" and a "dick in the booty nigga" or some shit, and TMZ got him calling one of their cameramen "gay" over that parking ticket incident.

I'm tired of the "it's not homophobic" excuses. Don't use those words, it's as simple as that.

It might be untrue this time, but he's on record as calling Raz B a "homo" and a "dick in the booty nigga" or some shit, and TMZ got him calling one of their cameramen "gay" over that parking ticket incident.

I'm tired of the "it's not homophobic" excuses. Don't use those words, it's as simple as that.

Yall need to stop being so sensitive... RAZ is a gay girl anyway lol

And you need to stop defending moronic behavior simply to go against the grain.

You don't even know what he said was true and the stuff you posted doesn't mean hes homophobic.

Some gay people need to understand you might NEVER be accepted by some people. Thats just life gays cant force their views on people just like people who don't understand or like gay people cant force their ways on the gays. Respect is what everyone wants and what he said to raz and the camera man wasn't that serious to call out the pink mafia.

For the record I don't say things just go to against the grain but sometimes yall take things a bit too seriously... Real change is taking action leading by example not attacking people who don't agree with the gay thing. Do you actively participate in gay rights in your area? Do you help the younger gays who struggle with their sexuality? Stuff like that seems more productive than bashing chris brown to me.

This fucking idiot is throwing his talent right in the goddamned trash. That's like calling someone the N word and then saying you're not racist. He's in the public eye and he dosen't know how to handle himself. He's finishing himself up with his total stupidity...I don't give a fuck what age he is. A 14 year old knows right from wrong. It seemed like people were ready to forgive him. But he gets worse.

:wave: I'm on for a lil bit. I'm just downloading (not purchasing :whistle: ) music videos for my iTunes since I'm in another world right now -_-

:wave: Oh okay. But yeah, there's a certain thread of mine you should see. It is just crazy :lol: Austin said you might wanna see it when you came on lol

Yall need to stop being so sensitive... RAZ is a gay girl anyway lol

Oh so it's ok to call someone a faggot just because they are a "gay girl"? Then it's ok to call a black man or a woman the N word because they are ignorant anyway. The bottom line here is that when you are in the public eye and use idiotic words like that, you're gonna get a backlash. Not everybody is gonna kiss their asses just because they're "cute" or talented.

Oh so it's ok to call someone a faggot just because they are a "gay girl"? Then it's ok to call a black man or a woman the N word because they are ignorant anyway. The bottom line here is that when you are in the public eye and use idiotic words like that, you're gonna get a backlash. Not everybody is gonna kiss their asses just because they're "cute" or talented.

Did you read my response.... you picked out one statement... I know you're passionate about gay rights thats fine. However attacking chris brown for allegedly calling someone faggot.. won't help the situation. Ignorance vs Ignorance wont help anyone grow or evolve as a human being. Perhaps if it is true a gay guy could sit him down and talk to him about how that could be hurtful. Thats how you combat some ignorance through education and patience. I would never really attack people who feel being gay is wrong because thats their opinion... if they did it in a disrespectful way thats another story.

Hes an industry boy I find it hard to believe he homophobic since I'm sure alot of gays help him with his image and stuff behind the scenes. I would rather he say his ignorant shit and be real so he can be corrected than have someone like beyonce use gays but not fully support their rights or have a true stance on the issue.

I think Chris Brown is somewhat a victim of the media, and himself. He should tone down his public rhetoric because he is a public figure and that shit can fuck wit yo paper, however I think the media loves to take a Black man and say "see this is why we keep em in the back of the kitchen"

Archived