The TV Thread

Pebbles

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death watch 2011: Fall TV survival status report

Terra Nova (Fox): 3.1

Status: This would be a solid number — for just about any other show. The bar is set high for the expensive and heavily-hyped dino drama, and the premiere rating didn’t leave a lot of wiggle room. Terra Nova will not get a full season (Fox executives have confirmed that’s out of the cards); the question is whether the show will get a second season. Expect Fox to air all 12 weeks no matter what.

Revenge (ABC): 3.0

Status: ABC has struggled to launch dramas at 10 p.m. and the network was hoping this modern day riff on The Count of Monte Cristo would be a break-out this fall. Emily VanCamp is a TV star and it’s great to see Madeleine Stowe on the small screen but this soap is not lathering up fans as much as ABC probably wanted. But it would be sacrilege to rip a soap off before the mystery is at least halfway unraveled so its seems likely the network will stick with this for a full season.

How to be a Gentleman (CBS): 2.7

Status: It didn’t have the best opening — especially by CBS standards and given its giant Big Bang Theory lead-in. This show needs to improve or these gentlemen will be shown the door.

UPDATE: Cancelled

Charlie’s Angels (ABC): 1.8

Status: We’re not sure what’s more embarrassing — this show or those ratings. After dropping 29 percent drop for its second episode, we predict its demise before Thanksgiving.

Prime Suspect (NBC): 1.7

Status: Not the lowest-rated new show, but arguably the biggest disappointment. A crime procedural starring Maria Bello based on a known brand seemed destined to at least perform solidly in primetime, but was crushed by The Mentalist and Private Practice.

Playboy Club (NBC): 1.5

Status: The concept drew hostility among some conservative viewers, but also among conservative TV industry pundits — not for its content (which is tame), but for daring to violate the rule of trying to get broadcast-sized ratings with a narrow cable channel Mad Men-style concept. In short: Nobody is surprised this show is not doing well. UPDATE: Cancelled

A Gifted Man (CBS): 1.4

Status: The bar is set pretty low for Fridays so this drama starring Patrick Wilson could stay put for longer than you think.

Free Agents (NBC): 1.5

Status: Its most recent rating was at a 1.0. Even with NBC grading on a curve, this is a good bet for the first axed show of the fall. UPDATE: Cancelled

Secret Circle (The CW): 1.1

Status: It’s no Vampire Diaries, but Kevin Williamson’s latest is still performing better than any of The CW’s other new shows, and the ratings ticking up a notch in Week 3 is what a network hopes to see.

Ringer (The CW): 0.9

Status: There’s no way the fifth network will slam the door on La Gellar, no matter how unremarkable her ratings are. This show will air for a full season.

Hart of Dixie (The CW): 0.8

Status: This rating is traditionally at the bottom of the barrel for a CW drama, and yet it was the premiere. Question is: Does CW have anything to put in its place?

American Horror Story is fucking amazing. I wonder if mcdermot will be nude every episode?

I heard if they get a 2nd season they will move on from this story and have a completely new horror story. I like that idea.

I hope so..he is still fucking sexy. Damn.

I like the idea of having a whole completely different family. I hope season 1 survives..it's very promising..

I like the idea of having a whole completely different family. I hope season 1 survives..it's very promising..

I was surprised at the amount of male nudity..and his J/O scene :asham:

I think it will. The ratings were fine.

• 2 weeks later...

i love he too.

It reminds me of Twin Peaks a lil bit. Im loving it so far, what a great idea for a show. :thumbup: Jessica Lange is so cunt. :excited:

Isn't she? :wub: I love it everytime she comes on the screen. She's a bitch to the maid, but now I see why.. :lol:

Jessica keeps it real...as in real crazy. :excited: that maid is something else too. Its always a treat whenever Francis is on television, she always delivers.

But I will be watching because of naked Dylan :shifty:

Um New Jersey house hoes reunion last night was a mess. I'm still team Teresa. :filenails: The entire season, plus the 2 part reunion = all about teresa. :whistle: Those bitches are PRESSED. Plain and simple. :thumbup:

Yes the Pro Teresa movement has begun. Andy was so bias and ganged up on her too.

Archived