The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

You can try and spin it anyway you want - Bey is more relevant. Get rid of your "Bey dislike" glasses and you'll see it.

And I bet you'll be talking about her X Factor performance. You realise that people (not just Beyonce fans) still talk about Beyonce's Listen performance with Alexandra Burke and no one even remembers Xtinas Beautiful with Rebecca? It was hailed as one of the greatest TV moments (and not by Bey stans). There's relevancy for you.

Bu...............I already finished this convo., it's not that important, and I don't go out of my way to watch regular Bey performances, I much rather watch when someone on youtube puts it side by side with what someone else did months-years earlier, it's much more entertaining. And I'm gonna have to say that it really is either just Bey stans talking about that performance because after the next day I didn't hear a thing about it......and that wasnt me avoiding it, I know when Bey news is annoying and for that performance, with all honesty, I didn't hear people talking about it like crazy except the next day....and thats it. So to answer hows that for relevancy, it's not. The fact that I had to google the name Alexandra Burke says how relevant that was. Oh but people (and not just Xtina fans do still talk about her slaying It's A mans world, it's still being cited) but past performance refrences every now & then don't mean anything for relevancy honestly.

But again I'm over it, this whole thing has gone on too long, if you think Bey is more relevant than Xtina today oh well, and if you know Xtina today is more relevant than Bey good, but I can't say enough I don't care, like if you (any of you) want to go on arguing for days about this Ok, but just know what you're in for, or you guys can just give it up, because I can effortlessly go on doing this, because it's too easy. Or we can actually discuss relevant news, oh well, choice is yours

Like I said - "You can try and spin it anyway you want - Bey is more relevant. Get rid of your "Bey dislike" glasses and you'll see it." And if you didn't care you wouldn't have to throw that dig to Beyonce in the last part :lol:. We'll never agree on this.

Anyway, no one answered my question about her deal. How many more albums is Xtina tied to RCA with? I hope she gets away asap. That label SUCKS!

Like I said - "You can try and spin it anyway you want - Bey is more relevant. Get rid of your "Bey dislike" glasses and you'll see it." And if you didn't care you wouldn't have to throw that dig to Beyonce in the last part :lol:. We'll never agree on this.

Anyway, no one answered my question about her deal. How many more albums is Xtina tied to RCA with? I hope she gets away asap. That label SUCKS!

Bu, I'll always throw digs at Bey when discussing her, she's too easy and desserving of it. I meant I dont care who any of you think is more relevant Xtina being on a hit show, and doing interviews left right & center all 2012 and their rattings say the truth, and my side, so it wont be swayed. it didnt mean I don't enjoy downing Bey. And no we won't agree on it

I didn't answer cause I have no clue, but I wonder the same thing, like you said maybe she's trying to get out of her deal.

*disagrees*

I hope she does try to get out of it. I just find it ridic that RCA think it's ok to let artists promote minimally and then they completely halt shit when a record flops.

Yea she might have better luck independent or something, but again maybe we're jumping the gun, because I did hear Your Body on the radio a bit ever since it was released and especially in the last week but it seems the only person I havent heard it from really is Xtina, so hopefully it's just a result of her being too busy right now.

I just can't wait to see her & Blake perform it live. Lord I hope it's only a pinch of messy and not a dash of it lol. I REALLLLY do feel like she made the right move making it the 2nd single, like Country radio betta eat it the fuck up, and the top 200 too. At least go for a country #1 and a pop top 10.

I think Country will eat it up - don't they love Blake? Plus I'm sure it's performing well out of all the Lotus album songs

They REALLY do love em, I think he had a record or some kind of "most country songs blah blah" this year (I don't follow that genre too well, tho thanks to him on The voice...he is making me semi-interested in it), and you're right I think it is the most successful, I think that should be the new way of picking Single #2 (if it's after the albums on Itunes) is by whichever has the best chart success with Itunes, like it's for a reason lol.

Of course you're just saying that because of sells, but vocally there are girls that would slaughter her.

Fantasia should be in the running if we're talking about vocals. She sings down and her ear is amazing.

A Fantasia can be found in every Baptist church from east-to-west of this great country.

Adele was blowing before 21 dude... Adele is the voice of the new generation and u all will deal :coffee:

And an Adele can be found in every high School music program

Really? A British white woman that smokes can be found in every American HS music program?

Name ONE superstar that came from a HS music program that is British and smokes and I'll name 5 black women who came from church choirs with vocals much like Fantasia :&

Really? A British white woman that smokes can be found in every American HS music program?

Name ONE superstar that came from a HS music program that is British and smokes and I'll name 5 black women who came from church choirs with vocals much like Fantasia :&

whitney.gif

I stand by my statement and I add Carrie Underwood.

Beyonce is 1 of the best voices of the generation, I won't deny that, but the best? Hell no, I'd honestly like you to tell me what's better about her voice (live & in studio) that makes her better than Christina, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, or hell even Nicole Schwarsinsomething. Because I can't. Bey's voice is great, she has a nice range but what she lacks those previous names more than have and then some. What exactly makes her voice better than people with more range and actual emotion to theirs?

I don't know what this notion is of Bey not having emotion. Just because she's so polished and in control doesn't mean she's emotionless. Christina wailing like a soldier who got her leg shot off does NOT = emotion.

that made no sense and Beyonce simple isn't on Christina's level when it comes to emotion not even on Scary J. Blige's level although I can't stand her ass

I don't know what this notion is of Bey not having emotion. Just because she's so polished and in control doesn't mean she's emotionless. Christina wailing like a soldier who got her leg shot off does NOT = emotion.

It's not about her being poised and persist, it's about her singing ballads like she's reading the words in front of her (much like her acting) instead of it coming off that she's FEELING the song all over her body, and that she's taking us in her pain. Janet & Sade & Nora Jones aren't big voice singers but they have that down pact. Beyonce does not OWN her songs, it's not a "I don't like Bey" thing, it's that she does not, she never has, even when I loved her that part was always there, that I just wished she could just OWN a song with her whole body....and not act like she is because she's supposed to, but really not doing it.

It's not about her being poised and persist, it's about her singing ballads like she's reading the words in front of her (much like her acting) instead of it coming off that she's FEELING the song all over her body, and that she's taking us in her pain. Janet & Sade & Nora Jones aren't big voice singers but they have that down pact. Beyonce does not OWN her songs, it's not a "I don't like Bey" thing, it's that she does not, she never has, even when I loved her that part was always there, that I just wished she could just OWN a song with her whole body....and not act like she is because she's supposed to, but really not doing it.

Um let's not even go down that road :mellow: