The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

that made no sense and Beyonce simple isn't on Christina's level when it comes to emotion not even on Scary J. Blige's level although I can't stand her ass

Re-read it :rolleyes::sigh:

It's not about her being poised and persist, it's about her singing ballads like she's reading the words in front of her (much like her acting) instead of it coming off that she's FEELING the song all over her body, and that she's taking us in her pain. Janet & Sade & Nora Jones aren't big voice singers but they have that down pact. Beyonce does not OWN her songs, it's not a "I don't like Bey" thing, it's that she does not, she never has, even when I loved her that part was always there, that I just wished she could just OWN a song with her whole body....and not act like she is because she's supposed to, but really not doing it.

I'm sorry but that's bullshit. Beyonce owns everything. The song, the choreography, the stage, the audience, the cameras, the youtube videos of the performance, the message boards that post the videos, the threads on the boards and the members arguing about her in them. Beyonce is the QUEEN.

What you may equate to emoting I see Christina pushing out a turd, that what she sounds and looks like.

that made no sense and Beyonce simple isn't on Christina's level when it comes to emotion not even on Scary J. Blige's level although I can't stand her ass

Technically, Beyonce is the better singer. Christina is very hit or miss, especially live. Now, Beyonce is very polished and rehearsed, but her vocals always slay. Christina just yells. When she isn't yelling and doing sloppy runs, she's awesome, but she always tries to go for the gusto and fails most times in my opinion.

And I never said Beyonce was the best vocalist of our generation, I said I think Beyonce is a better vocalist than Christina because she has consistency.

I'm sorry but that's bullshit. Beyonce owns everything. The song, the choreography, the stage, the audience, the cameras, the youtube videos of the performance, the message boards that post the videos, the threads on the boards and the members arguing about her in them. Beyonce is the QUEEN.

What you may equate to emoting I see Christina pushing out a turd, that what she sounds and looks like.

Beyonce owns the stage but not the song, she sings it great but she does not own it, she does not put HER into it.

But what I equate to emoting is also done by Janet, and Janet dont sing like she's passing a turd. Same with Mariah, Whitney, & Kelly Clarkson & Mary J.

Technically, Beyonce is the better singer. Christina is very hit or miss, especially live. Now, Beyonce is very polished and rehearsed, but her vocals always slay. Christina just yells. When she isn't yelling and doing sloppy runs, she's awesome, but she always tries to go for the gusto and fails most times in my opinion.

And I never said Beyonce was the best vocalist of our generation, I said I think Beyonce is a better vocalist than Christina because she has consistency.

Yea but Christina can do more with her voice than Bey no matter what Christina does live, her range is like NOBODY elses this generation, does she show it in the right way? No, not enough, but she could. So I with most people will still contest Christina is better because tho Beyonce....is consistant (some/I call predictable), she does not have the vocal range or emotion to compete with Xtina.

Beyonce owns the stage but not the song, she sings it great but she does not own it, she does not put HER into it.

But what I equate to emoting is also done by Janet, and Janet dont sing like she's passing a turd. Same with Mariah, Whitney, & Kelly Clarkson & Mary J.

Beyonce's voice is an instrument that she uses expertly and effortlessly. From top to bottom and in all dimensions she is the best. Are there better vocalists? Yes. Women who have more soul? Yes. More artistic? Yes. Etc. Etc. There are a number of artists who can outshine Bey in one arena. But she is the only artist and performer who can do everything and do it well. Lardtina couldn't come for Bey on her worst day.

I'm sorry. This is the truth. I wouldn't lie -_- I'm like Abe Lincoln. Or Pinocchio. Or various other figures who cannot lie -_-

Beyonce's voice is an instrument that she uses expertly and effortlessly. From top to bottom and in all dimensions she is the best. Are there better vocalists? Yes. Women who have more soul? Yes. More artistic? Yes. Etc. Etc. There are a number of artists who can outshine Bey in one arena. But she is the only artist and performer who can do everything and do it well. Lardtina couldn't come for Bey on her worst day.

I'm sorry. This is the truth. I wouldn't lie -_- I'm like Abe Lincoln. Or Pinocchio. Or various other figures who cannot lie -_-

I agree Bey's voice is a instrument but she plays that instrument instead of "becoming" it you know what I mean? Like when you act you are supposed to BE that character, we're supposed to forget about who you really are and where you come from you are supposed to embody that character and thats how singers are supposed to be with their songs. But Bey is to calculated to be a good actor and it's the same way with her music, she sings it great but you can't feel it coming from the bottom of her soul or the experience the song is talking about. I think Christina could take Bey live if she didnt go over the top, all she gotta do is hit a Whistle and hold a note (without running) for over 30 secs and Bey is out of her league. :coffee:

I agree Bey's voice is a instrument but she plays that instrument instead of "becoming" it you know what I mean? Like when you act you are supposed to BE that character, we're supposed to forget about who you really are and where you come from you are supposed to embody that character and thats how singers are supposed to be with their songs. But Bey is to calculated to be a good actor and it's the same way with her music, she sings it great but you can't feel it coming from the bottom of her soul or the experience the song is talking about. I think Christina could take Bey live if she didnt go over the top, all she gotta do is hit a Whistle and hold a note (without running) for over 30 secs and Bey is out of her league. :coffee:

Bey's singing and acting are two entirely different things. We'll have to agree disagree on this, because I disagree, and you don't agree with me so let's leave it at that (re: Bey on emotions).

Like I said, Christina may have certain advantages over Beyonce vocally, but they few and far between and the bigger picture settles comfortably in Beyonce's favor. Now I deem this conversation finished :coffee:

Re-read it :rolleyes::sigh:

Roc the link I just posted made the statement that you made that I put in bold make you sound like a obvious hater and makes your statement false :) Same with you Czar

I didn't say she never had a good performance :coffee: I said she was more hit than miss and I stand by that :coffee:

Don't you love how they always put words in your mouth around here. My statement is that Beyonce is the better singer because she's more consistent. I can post a shit load of clips of Christina sounding a mess. And I'm not a Christina hater, I used to love her, but I can't stand her live performances.

• Upvote 1

Don't you love how they always put words in your mouth around here. My statement is that Beyonce is the better singer because she's more consistent. I can post a shit load of clips of Christina sounding a mess. And I'm not a Christina hater, I used to love her, but I can't stand her live performances.

and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the live performance I just posted. You can try your hardest to find something or even nitpick but it's pretty much flawless and look in her eyes and see the emotion. When Christina isn't trying to show off vocally she slays :)
  • Upvote 1

I just want to remind everybody of something...

Let me make the point clear: official threads are really for the fans of the artist. If you come in here and have nothing but disparaging remarks to say about the artist, you are considered trolling and will be dealt with accordingly. What you say about the mentioned artist in other threads that is up to you, but at least let the fans have a place to go to without constantly bickering.

This isn't the place for Beyoncé Vs. Christina: Round 2,181. But there's nothing to stop anyone making a "Voice Of Our Generation" thread. It would actually be much more interesting in there.

Same goes for the bullshit in Brandy's official thread.

• Upvote 2

This isn't the place for Beyoncé Vs. Christina: Round 2,181. But there's nothing to stop anyone making a "Voice Of Our Generation" thread. It would actually be much more interesting in there.

xtina-wins.gif

Chille thank you, I gave up dragging Bey in her official thread and did not talk about her really since.....until now, for shame on you guys for bringing that name in here in a attempt to be negative about Xtina...shame....SHAME

Chille thank you, I gave up dragging Bey in her official thread and did not talk about her really since.....until now, for shame on you guys for bringing that name in here in a attempt to be negative about Xtina...shame....SHAME

It was one person - and you took the bait and ran with it :umm::lol:. And then I came and you said you didn't care :lol:.

Yes! Your first move as a mod! *fangirls*. I'm so glad someone finally said something about the Brandy thread :cry:

:lol:

It was getting awkward in there. -_-

xtina-wins.gif

I've been there before. Although I know Roc wasn't being negative, official threads just mean heated responses to even the slightest remark.

Bey's singing and acting are two entirely different things. We'll have to agree disagree on this, because I disagree, and you don't agree with me so let's leave it at that (re: Bey on emotions).

Like I said, Christina may have certain advantages over Beyonce vocally, but they few and far between and the bigger picture settles comfortably in Beyonce's favor. Now I deem this conversation finished :coffee:

Well we don't agree but at least we have an understanding

.........................for now C:\Users\Jarryl\Pictures\Gifs\My Gif\evil-hotness.gif

It was one person - and you took the bait and ran with it :umm::lol:. And then I came and you said you didn't care :lol:.

Yea after battling all day between you, Game, Roc, & CK, I was over it....more than 1 person Bu :umm: And more specifically I was over the "voice of the generation part". The vocally better part is hilarious to me so if you came with that I would've gladly kept it going. :coffee:

Yea after battling all day between you, Game, Roc, & Cz, I was over it....more than 1 person Bu :umm: And more specifically I was over the "voice of the generation part". The vocally better part is hilarious to me so if you came with that I would've gladly kept it going. :coffee:

It was one - the one and only legendary Roc - he mentioned Beyonce. And you took the bait. And then Game said something about relevancy - and you took his bait too. And then I came in and we went back and forth and somewhere along the line others gave their two-piece too :lol:. So yeah it did start with one.

Harpo, I said I wouldn't call Beyonce the voice of our generation -_-. Boo, I'm probably the only one that participated that loves both and so has no bias :filenails:.

It was one - the one and only legendary Roc - he mentioned Beyonce. And you took the bait. And then Game said something about relevancy - and you took his bait too. And then I came in and we went back and forth and somewhere along the line others gave their two-piece too :lol:. So yeah it did start with one.

Harpo, I said I wouldn't call Beyonce the voice of our generation -_-. Boo, I'm probably the only one that participated that loves both and so has no bias :filenails:.

I didnt say the legendary hotness of Roc didn't start it, but I'm saying it was more than 1 person I was arguing with, and hey you read my post in the Rihanna thread, I felt like taking bait yesterday, I didnt care lol. There was no other topics that were exciting lol, I know how to ignore shade....and how to jump in it

Yea wit you the argument moved into relevance, well actually that was done through Game, you picked it up

I didnt say the legendary hotness of Roc didn't start it, but I'm saying it was more than 1 person I was arguing with, and hey you read my post in the Rihanna thread, I felt like taking bait yesterday, I didnt care lol. There was no other topics that were exciting lol, I know how to ignore shade....and how to jump in it

Yea wit you the argument moved into relevance, well actually that was done through Game you just picked it up

You said 'for shame for yall bringing that name here' when it was only the one that brought it and then it escalated from that - that's the point I'm trying to make.

No I haven't read it - what happened :lol:?

You said 'for shame for yall bringing that name here' when it was only the one that brought it and then it escalated from that - that's the point I'm trying to make.

No I haven't read it - what happened :lol:?

yea he bought in 1 bag of that name and then YALLs helped lol. I'm not gon put it all on Roc....tho it would be another excus to give a spanking....god knows it's been what 2...no 3 hours.....yea Roc, this all yo fault, drop em & get on ma knee....don'tchu go to far Bu your next........just cause.....

lol He called me out on my Rihanna review for no reason and I just felt like going along with it lol, just like here with Bey, I can let things go, I honestly don't argue every time someone brings her up in a positive light (eye roll maybe) but I honestly pick my battles (same with madge & Justin)....and I picked this 1....did I expect it to go THIS long....no.... but can't say I was bored here yesterday thats fa damn sure lol

GOD DAMMNIT, my good Xtina gifs that I been workin so hard to make aint uploading......ROC!!!

Glad you started your mod job AFTER she failed :shifty: